It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 439 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fallout 4......
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:58 am 

All the mods my kid downloaded seem to have borked the system and I can't get the game to load. It just cycles through the opening montage and won't let me get to the start menu. :(

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:33 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

dogbane wrote:
All the mods my kid downloaded seem to have borked the system and I can't get the game to load. It just cycles through the opening montage and won't let me get to the start menu. :(

Uninstall the mods and see if that fixes the issue you're having.

12_Gauge_Chimp's blog

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:53 pm 

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
dogbane wrote:

I can't uninstall the mods until I can get back online, and our XBOX is a bitch to get online. We have a wireless connection and it doesn't like to stick, even though the signal should be strong, and once we get booted offline, we can try again and again to connect and it just won't have any of it. We've had this problem since we bought the thing. I don't know if it's got a defective modem or what.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:06 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

dogbane wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
dogbane wrote:

I can't uninstall the mods until I can get back online, and our XBOX is a bitch to get online. We have a wireless connection and it doesn't like to stick, even though the signal should be strong, and once we get booted offline, we can try again and again to connect and it just won't have any of it. We've had this problem since we bought the thing. I don't know if it's got a defective modem or what.

It could have a defective modem. I'd call Microsoft and let them know about that. If it's still under warranty, they'll either fix it for you or send you a new system.

12_Gauge_Chimp's blog

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:17 am 

Don't drink and fallout. Hahaha! I went through and killed ALL the raiders in Nuka-World. I did it all with the classical music station going. It was fun. But now I'm sad I wanted to do some of the quests then kill them all!

Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:16 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Halfapint wrote:
Don't drink and fallout. Hahaha! I went through and killed ALL the raiders in Nuka-World. I did it all with the classical music station going. It was fun. But now I'm sad I wanted to do some of the quests then kill them all!

I did that once when I was playing the Sims 2 on the original Xbox. :lol:

Haven't tried Drunk Fallout yet, but that's mostly because I don't drink much anymore.

12_Gauge_Chimp's blog

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:40 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Dear Bethesda,

Is it that damn hard to make a game that doesn't suffer from the Skyrim infinite load screen bug ?

Signed,
Kind of pissed off Chimp.

So, I just had to update my copy of Fallout 4 and now I can't access the main menu. I just keep cycling through the opening fly-by of the Red Rocket station with the power armor. It's irritating to have that happen after not playing the game for a few days and wanting to jump right back into the Commonwealth, but not being able to.

Anyone else have that problem after the recent update ?

12_Gauge_Chimp's blog

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:54 pm 

I've been having that problem and I assumed it was the glitchy mods. I have to eject the disk, shut down, power up, sign in, and insert the disk and then it loads properly.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:15 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

dogbane wrote:
I've been having that problem and I assumed it was the glitchy mods. I have to eject the disk, shut down, power up, sign in, and insert the disk and then it loads properly.

The next time I get the urge to play Fallout 4, I'll try that method. Hopefully it'll fix my issue otherwise it's going to suck if I can't play one of my favorite games on the Xbox One.

Though I suppose this does give me an excuse to go buy some other games. :clap:

12_Gauge_Chimp's blog

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:46 pm 

There's a company named Modiphius that's making a Fallout tabletop wargaming game.
http://www.modiphius.com/fallout.html

I'm super excited, as I like miniatures games to start with. It sounds like they're going to focus on the Fallout 4 setting to start with, but later want to do some of the Fallout 3 and Southwestern locations as well. They're planning lots of terrain, including a Red Rocket gas station and stuff to remake Sanctuary Hills. They're going to use card decks to control NPCs for co-op or single player games (I'm assuming they could control wasteland monsters in competitive games as well).

One of the people from Modiphius mentioned settlement building campaigns and other players attacking your settlements.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:42 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

quazi wrote:
There's a company named Modiphius that's making a Fallout tabletop wargaming game.
http://www.modiphius.com/fallout.html

I'm super excited, as I like miniatures games to start with. It sounds like they're going to focus on the Fallout 4 setting to start with, but later want to do some of the Fallout 3 and Southwestern locations as well. They're planning lots of terrain, including a Red Rocket gas station and stuff to remake Sanctuary Hills. They're going to use card decks to control NPCs for co-op or single player games (I'm assuming they could control wasteland monsters in competitive games as well).

One of the people from Modiphius mentioned settlement building campaigns and other players attacking your settlements.

Have you seen the GURPS Fallout book?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:46 pm 

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:
Have you seen the GURPS Fallout book?

No, but I love Fallout and I always liked the GURPS system.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:15 pm 

I cant get into Fallout. Im more into Metro 2033/Last Light survival. Tried, but couldn't.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 5:14 pm 

Do you have a link to that Fallout GURPS book, Doc? I googled it and there seems to be a bunch of different stuff.

w3rdtoyamama wrote:
I cant get into Fallout. Im more into Metro 2033/Last Light survival. Tried, but couldn't.

I still need to play Metro 2033. It's been on my list for years.

Which Fallout game did you try?

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 6:22 pm 

quazi wrote:
Do you have a link to that Fallout GURPS book, Doc? I googled it and there seems to be a bunch of different stuff.

w3rdtoyamama wrote:

I still need to play Metro 2033. It's been on my list for years.

Which Fallout game did you try?

Fallout 3

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 6:38 pm 

w3rdtoyamama wrote:
Fallout 3

If you're ever out of games to play you might give one of the West Coast Fallout games a shot (Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout: New Vegas). I wouldn't say that you definitely should, as if you didn't like Fallout 3 you probably still won't like them.

The first Fallout games were very different in gameplay (2d, turn based, isometric viewpoint). Fallout: New Vegas had pretty much the same gameplay as Fallout 3 with a few small improvements. The feel is a little different with the games set on the West Coast, too. I liked Fallout 3 and Fallout 4, but I have a preference for the Black Isle/Obsidian games.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:27 pm 

So Modpihius is doing a survey on what people want to see in their Fallout tabletop game. They seem to be pretty responsive to customer input. Plus there's a chance to win a starter set.
http://www.modiphius.com/fallout-wasteland-warfare-survey.html

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:31 pm 

I've been playing on Survival Mode for the first time. Damn, it's tough! I'm trying to learn where all the random beds and sleeping bags are so I can save. I just hit Level 10 after about 15 hours of game play.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:51 pm 

Went into game stop to turn in my 50 games for the 32 cents they give me (actually got well over 200 for trade in value). however talked with the guy and he said they are probably releasing MORE fallout4 DLC! I just moved and the new place is much better for gaming. So I'm going to play back through and do more. But I look forward to more DLC if we can get it!

Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:31 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Halfapint wrote:
Went into game stop to turn in my 50 games for the 32 cents they give me (actually got well over 200 for trade in value). however talked with the guy and he said they are probably releasing MORE fallout4 DLC! I just moved and the new place is much better for gaming. So I'm going to play back through and do more. But I look forward to more DLC if we can get it!

Sorry to break it to you, but Bethesda has explicitly stated that Nuka World was the last one. They do have a few VR plans, but no new content.
I still hope there's going to be a spin-off to Fallout 4, like New Vegas was to Fallout 3. Man, that would be awesome. :awesome:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:05 am 

mzmc wrote:
Halfapint wrote:

Sorry to break it to you, but Bethesda has explicitly stated that Nuka World was the last one. They do have a few VR plans, but no new content.
I still hope there's going to be a spin-off to Fallout 4, like New Vegas was to Fallout 3. Man, that would be awesome. :awesome:

I know what they said! But this was a guy in GameStop! He had to know! Right? RIGHT? I dunno I didn't get my hopes up but that would be awesome if they did release some new DLC.

I read a report from a site (totally cannot remember the name now) that a new Vegas 2 was being worked on. They had leases of fallout 4 nearly a year before it was announced so I'm kinda holding out hope. With how popular these titles are, I can't imagine WHY they wouldn't. I've bought and played every single game since they've been released, I'll continue to do so.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:32 pm 

dogbane wrote:
I've been playing on Survival Mode for the first time. Damn, it's tough! I'm trying to learn where all the random beds and sleeping bags are so I can save. I just hit Level 10 after about 15 hours of game play.

They made a mod that lets a person carry a campsite around with them. Maybe that's cheating, but I don't see much of a problem with it from an immersion-perspective. When I get around to doing a Survival Mode playthrough (hopefully this winter) I'm thinking I'll use that mod.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:50 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

So I finally got my Fallout 4 to work again (new update seems to have fixed the load screen issues, though it does take a little while for the main menu to pop in) and went back to wandering the Commonwealth with Piper.

I watched the previews and a demo of Fallout VR and it got me wondering who at Bethesda gave the green light for it. I understand wanting to be more immersed in the game, but a VR version ? Bethesda would've been better off just releasing some more DLC for the base game.

That or releasing a copy of the game with all the DLC included like they did with Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

12_Gauge_Chimp's blog

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:56 pm 

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
So I finally got my Fallout 4 to work again (new update seems to have fixed the load screen issues, though it does take a little while for the main menu to pop in) and went back to wandering the Commonwealth with Piper.

I watched the previews and a demo of Fallout VR and it got me wondering who at Bethesda gave the green light for it. I understand wanting to be more immersed in the game, but a VR version ? Bethesda would've been better off just releasing some more DLC for the base game.

That or releasing a copy of the game with all the DLC included like they did with Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

I have a feeling retooling this to VR is a hint at what they are working on. If they can we tool this to work in VR they should have no problem releasing fallout5 in VR, or the next installment of Elder Scrolls. Either way, I don't have VR right now. Just got back into playing fallout more, Just finished all of Far Harbor (I know I did the DLC backwards), I'm back in he wasteland with my robo companion. I've done almost all the side quests I can, I'm at lvl 76 or 77 and still haven't had the brotherhood of steel show up yet.

We'll see where I go. Think I'm going to find every single spot on the map first. I am pretty sure I've discovered everything but the stuff in the irradiated area. That's the next plan.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 439 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next