Fallout 4......

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Re: Fallout 4......

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:21 pm

dogbane wrote:BTW, I've been reading theories that the crows are Institute surveillance drones.
I like to play crow skeet shooting anyway, so if that theory proves to be true, all the Institute has been seeing from me is a bunch of buckshot headed into their feeds. :lol:

Though that does explain how they found me so fast inside of the old folks home near Salem. :shock:

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:21 am

I put all three of my sisterwives in armored dresses last night. :lol:

I just learned that Magnolia is voiced by Wonder Woman, Lynda Carter.
I am the undisputed creator of the zombie tornado. (High Ground series now available)

mzmc
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Started out with Resident Evil, but I got better.

Post by mzmc » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:05 am

dogbane wrote:I just learned that Magnolia is voiced by Wonder Woman, Lynda Carter.
Magnolia dumps you after a one-night stand. And I thought we had something special going on... :(
May contain traces of derp.

jor-el

Post by jor-el » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:11 pm

Not directly related, but has anyone seen Westworld the HBO series?
My son, you will travel far, but never be alone, for I am with you, my M14 and battle axe comfort you.

quazi

Post by quazi » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:31 pm

jor-el wrote:Not directly related, but has anyone seen Westworld the HBO series?
I haven't seen it. I've seen bits of the commercials for it, and it looks vaguely interesting. Something like a Wild West theme park planet where the animatronic bad guys go psycho? Like, Five Nights at Freddy's meets Blood Miridian?

The house that Dogbane posted in Chat made me think of the Pickman house in Fallout. That level hurt my soul to play. Also, the story Pickman's Model freaked me out back in the day.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:15 pm

quazi wrote:
jor-el wrote:Not directly related, but has anyone seen Westworld the HBO series?
I haven't seen it. I've seen bits of the commercials for it, and it looks vaguely interesting. Something like a Wild West theme park planet where the animatronic bad guys go psycho? Like, Five Nights at Freddy's meets Blood Miridian?

The house that Dogbane posted in Chat made me think of the Pickman house in Fallout. That level hurt my soul to play. Also, the story Pickman's Model freaked me out back in the day.
What's up with the Pickman house ? I actually haven't found that one yet so I have no idea what's the deal with it.

dogbane

Post by dogbane » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:26 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
quazi wrote:

What's up with the Pickman house ? I actually haven't found that one yet so I have no idea what's the deal with it.
Go to Goodneighbor and take the Hancock quests and you'll be sent to the Pickman Gallery.
I am the undisputed creator of the zombie tornado. (High Ground series now available)

jor-el

Post by jor-el » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:09 am

The items of particular interest are how The Institute and Westworld manufacture Hosts/Synths.
My son, you will travel far, but never be alone, for I am with you, my M14 and battle axe comfort you.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:48 am

dogbane wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
quazi wrote:

Go to Goodneighbor and take the Hancock quests and you'll be sent to the Pickman Gallery.
Oh, ok. I haven't done any of his quest line yet, so that's probably why I haven't gotten to the Pickman place yet.

dogbane

Post by dogbane » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:22 pm

I got to the point where if I completed the Mass Fusion quest, the Brotherhood of Steel would permanently turn against me, so I went and found Danse and joined up with the Brotherhood for a while, putting my Underground Undercover quest for the Railroad on hold. Then I got to a point where the Brotherhood was moving ahead with their plans for the destruction of the Institute, but I want to do the Railroad ending, but not yet, so I went and finally asked poor neglected Preston Garvey to jern up with me and now we're on a settlement tour so he can see the results of all those "Another settlement needs our (meaning your) help!" quests. Then I'll go finish my Railroad quest and blow up the Institute.
Last edited by dogbane on Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shmerlin

Post by Shmerlin » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:29 am

Just screwing around - but i managed to lure the Deathclaw (usually the alpha version hangs out near the bus) from the overpass near the Slog to the forged foundry - then a couple of Gunners who hang out on the bridge got involved in the fire fight - was quite entertaining.
Dinner Adventures, My restuarant review blog.

Shmerlin

Post by Shmerlin » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:57 am

For manufacturing, i just learned (and probably behind the times) that you can set the vacuum hopper by they settlement work bench and it will suck materials out of the bench and put them on the conveyor belt for your factories to use.

dogbane

Post by dogbane » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:09 pm

I misplaced Curie. Searching settlements trying to find her. I usually keep all of my companions at the Castle, but I must have sent her elsewhere. I added Preston Garvey to my entourage but was leaving him at Sanctuary when he wasn't with me. (Preston Garvey looks dapper and suave in a tuxedo, formal hat, and sunglasses.) I thought Curie was at Sanctuary or Graygarden, but no luck. Now I'm going from settlement to settlement ringing bells and listening for her voice. :(

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:20 pm

I did the same thing with Piper at one point, Dogbane. Turns out I had sent her back to Diamond City and she was waiting for me at her newspaper office.

Maybe Curie is back at Vault 81 ?

I got back into playing Fallout 4 after spending two weeks playing Minecraft and building a massive Viking style village. Soon as I find myself back in the Commonwealth, I join up with Cait and we travel the wastes. I had a funny occurrence with her while looting some Mr. Gutsies on the road. Apparently, Cait wanders off and finds a suit of power armor and hops right into it. As I'm digging through the boxes of crap, I see a light coming up behind me. I figure it's one of the many patrols of BoS guys walking around, but I turn around and it's Cait. :lol:

I didn't even know companions could randomly enter power armor suits.

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:15 pm

Do the settlement quests ever stop? They bugged out when I was playing on the PS4 but now on my xbox I continually get them (not that it's a bad thing I love playing sims in the wasteland). I haven't started the main quest line, I did accidentally find Valentine in the vault while finding all the landmarks on the map. I wanted to do as many of the Minutemen quests as I could but now I think there's no end to them.

Just hit level 50 and have a "Two shot" electromagnetic gun. Kills a mirelurk queen in 2 hits to the noodle. Running around right now with that, an endless (never needs to be reloaded) laser rifle, and some extra damage plasma rifle. Waiting to find a nice cartridge rifle or find one of the PPK styled pistols. I had a special Gamma gun that really took out humans but without a proper way to aim its a bit difficult to hit people.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:19 pm

Halfapint wrote:Do the settlement quests ever stop? They bugged out when I was playing on the PS4 but now on my xbox I continually get them (not that it's a bad thing I love playing sims in the wasteland). I haven't started the main quest line, I did accidentally find Valentine in the vault while finding all the landmarks on the map. I wanted to do as many of the Minutemen quests as I could but now I think there's no end to them.

Just hit level 50 and have a "Two shot" electromagnetic gun. Kills a mirelurk queen in 2 hits to the noodle. Running around right now with that, an endless (never needs to be reloaded) laser rifle, and some extra damage plasma rifle. Waiting to find a nice cartridge rifle or find one of the PPK styled pistols. I had a special Gamma gun that really took out humans but without a proper way to aim its a bit difficult to hit people.
You get the silenced PPK when you do the first Railroad mission.

And no, the settlement quests never stop. Some folks hate that, but I like that it gives me something to do aside from running around the wasteland blasting raiders with a silenced .308 rifle.

Halfapint

Post by Halfapint » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:28 pm

[quote="12_Gauge_Chimp]You get the silenced PPK when you do the first Railroad mission.

And no, the settlement quests never stop. Some folks hate that, but I like that it gives me something to do aside from running around the wasteland blasting raiders with a silenced .308 rifle.[/quote]

I know you get the PPK from the railroad, I was hoping for one of the special ones. I got a couple on my last play through that gliched and my favorite was the 2 shot one. Did something like 120 damage from a pistol, so it was great for most small things.

And good to know, I kept doing the settlement quests hoping for something different. I agree I like them a lot as well. The attacks seem to be getting larger, I had a settlement get attacked by about 15 gunners. Usually its 6 at the most. Damn it give me an all out assault! I want mechs, tanks, vbirds, hahaha that would be fun to go up against.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:34 pm

I didn't know there was more than just the Railroad PPK in the game.

I wonder if they added more with the DLC releases. I know the Nuka World DLC added a few new guns (including an AK.), but I'm not sure about the previous ones.

Halfapint

Post by Halfapint » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:40 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:I didn't know there was more than just the Railroad PPK in the game.

I wonder if they added more with the DLC releases. I know the Nuka World DLC added a few new guns (including an AK.), but I'm not sure about the previous ones.
This was prior to the DLC releases, I'm pretty sure it was the ppk gun that was a 2 shot. maybe it was a 10mm? I dunno now, maybe that's why I haven't found one of the special ppk. :lol:

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:51 pm

Halfapint wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:I didn't know there was more than just the Railroad PPK in the game.

This was prior to the DLC releases, I'm pretty sure it was the ppk gun that was a 2 shot. maybe it was a 10mm? I dunno now, maybe that's why I haven't found one of the special ppk. :lol:
I've found a couple 2 shot guns, but they've been mostly laser rifles and those pipe guns. I did manage to score one of the infinite ammo laser rifles while wandering University Point. Haven't used it yet, though.

I'd love to find an infinite ammo .308 combat rifle or an assault rifle since those are my go to guns. :clap:

Halfapint

Post by Halfapint » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:08 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:love to find an infinite ammo .308 combat rifle or an assault rifle since those are my go to guns. :clap:
They aren't Infinte ammo, just no need to reload. Haha I misread it when I found my first one... .sold all the ammo, then couldn't fire.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:19 pm

Halfapint wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:love to find an infinite ammo .308 combat rifle or an assault rifle since those are my go to guns. :clap:
They aren't Infinte ammo, just no need to reload. Haha I misread it when I found my first one... .sold all the ammo, then couldn't fire.
Well, crap. There goes that idea then.

It's all good, I guess. I've got a couple pretty good sources for 5.56 and .308 in the game (Cricket the creepy wandering vendor and Eleanor near Fairline Estates), so I should be good to go on those calibers for a bit. I wish there were more guns that used 5mm like the miniguns because I'm damn near swimming in that caliber and I don't use the minigun at all.

Shmerlin

Post by Shmerlin » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:28 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:I did the same thing with Piper at one point, Dogbane. Turns out I had sent her back to Diamond City and she was waiting for me at her newspaper office.

Maybe Curie is back at Vault 81 ?

I got back into playing Fallout 4 after spending two weeks playing Minecraft and building a massive Viking style village. Soon as I find myself back in the Commonwealth, I join up with Cait and we travel the wastes. I had a funny occurrence with her while looting some Mr. Gutsies on the road. Apparently, Cait wanders off and finds a suit of power armor and hops right into it. As I'm digging through the boxes of crap, I see a light coming up behind me. I figure it's one of the many patrols of BoS guys walking around, but I turn around and it's Cait. :lol:

I didn't even know companions could randomly enter power armor suits.

If you lose a companion, and have done the Vault 88 quest line, you can use the overseer terminal to turn on a VIP locator and find all the compainons... I usually keep mine at boston Airport as it is the least functional settlement (no stores/food production) and the compainons don't take up a settler slot.

zombieslayer001

Post by zombieslayer001 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:17 pm

I love the mods on 4 just make sure that mods are compatible with each other.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”