Fallout 4......

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Re: Fallout 4......

Post by dogbane » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:57 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:I did the intro mission for the Railroad and scored a neat little silenced PPK. I almost want to find a tuxedo and become a wasteland James Bond. :clap:

I also maxed out my gun nut perk and now I get to play with all the neat mods for guns. Well, all the ones that don't require the Science perk.

Speaking of which, is there a cap to the levels or is it never ending?
I have two tuxedos and several nice suits, as well as preacher's vestments. Lots of cool apparel choices. I also have more power armor than I know what to do with.
Mostly not here anymore.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:55 pm

I've found a ton of power armor sets, but I never use any. Aside from the first Minutemen mission, I've used power armor exactly one time. After that, I just found a bunch of combat armor and army fatigues on those Gunners dudes and that's what I'm rocking in the wastelands.

dogbane

Post by dogbane » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:24 am

Power armor is useful in the Glowing Sea, which is full of scorpions and radiation.
Mostly not here anymore.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:14 am

I haven't made it to the Glowing Sea yet, but I'll use my power armor when I get there.

quazi

Post by quazi » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:24 pm

The Glowing Sea is amazing. Major F3 vibes. I used a Hazmat suit, but I think power armor would have been better as all those legendary radscorpions were tough.

I used to wear a clean black suit when in town, but once I got the Minutemen General's outfit I've changed to that. I'm actually thinking about just wearing it all the time, despite losing out on all the bonuses from my regular armor, just because it is so badass.

boxofrocks
Favorite Zombie Movies: Return of the Living Dead, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead (not the remake), Day of the Dead, Zombieland and many more.

Post by boxofrocks » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:19 am

Are any of you playing with the addons? I finished the game for the institute and for the brotherhood. Going to pick it up again when I got the addons.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

quazi

Post by quazi » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:18 pm

I've only played with the first Wasteland Workshop and a little bit of Automatron. I keep telling myself that I'm going to wait until October before diving back in, but honestly once Nuka World launches I don't know if I'll be able to help myself.

dogbane

Post by dogbane » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:39 am

So I picked up Cait last night. I showed her a good time by traveling from one raider den to the next and wiping them out with my suppressed 10mm "Sneaky Pete". Then she wanted to have a talk with me right after we entered Beantown Brewery. As she told me that I'm not like other people, raiders started shooting us. She was prattling on and my blood was spattering everywhere. When she finished, I had to turn and kill three raiders in the room with us. Why couldn't she bring this stuff up when we were at Oberland Station among friendlies?
Mostly not here anymore.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:51 am

I've been sticking with the Super Mutant named Strong as my main companion. I found out early on that Dogmeat was pretty much useless in a real fight and found Strong at Trinity Tower during a side quest to rescue some radio dude.

After he offered to become my companion, I sent Dogmeat back to Sanctuary and have been traveling the wastes with Strong since then.

I might send Strong to Sanctuary and go pick up Piper so she'll stop bugging me about my story and for me to take her around the wastes. We'll see.

dogbane

Post by dogbane » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:27 pm

At Level 55, my character is a freakin' invincible juggernaut. My companions are for entertainment purposes only.

I took out all the Raiders in the Combat Zone in about 30 seconds with my .45 combat rifle "Bloodbath". I dispatched a Mirelurk Queen in the State House with my combat shotgun I named "Kickass". Sneaky Pete handles most ghouls with aplomb, and for the Legendary ones, my .44 revolver "Rick Grimes" does the job. The only things I try to avoid are the Behemoths, because I don't usually have "Kaboom", my missile launcher, with me. :lol:
Mostly not here anymore.

mzmc
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Started out with Resident Evil, but I got better.

Post by mzmc » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:00 pm

dogbane wrote:At Level 55, my character is a freakin' invincible juggernaut. My companions are for entertainment purposes only.

I took out all the Raiders in the Combat Zone in about 30 seconds with my .45 combat rifle "Bloodbath". I dispatched a Mirelurk Queen in the State House with my combat shotgun I named "Kickass". Sneaky Pete handles most ghouls with aplomb, and for the Legendary ones, my .44 revolver "Rick Grimes" does the job. The only things I try to avoid are the Behemoths, because I don't usually have "Kaboom", my missile launcher, with me. :lol:
I killed my first Behemoth with a .308 hunting rifle.

Reason being: I kill EVERYTHING with a .308 hunting rifle.

It helps to be half a mile away and hidden in the shadows. He spotted me halfway into my third magazine. :rofl:

As for DLCs: "Far Harbor" is really worth it. The rest, meh.
May contain traces of derp.

dogbane

Post by dogbane » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:08 pm

:lol: Yeah, I've taken out a couple of behemoths with many, many repeated .308 shots. Eventually you wear them down if they can't get to you. There's one hanging around the Super Duper Mart in Lexington that with patience and a lot of ammo you can kill from one of the rooftops (assuming a ghoul doesn't slip up on you while you're busy).
Mostly not here anymore.

dogbane

Post by dogbane » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:09 pm

Tonight, Cait decided that in the middle of a battle with Fist's super mutant army in Trinity Tower would be a good time to tell me her life story.
Mostly not here anymore.

quazi

Post by quazi » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:19 am

Companions are good for entertainment and as pack mules, but if I think there's going to be serious fighting I tell them to stay put way back from it.

I do like that Nick Valentine will hack terminals for me. I've always hated that minigame.

I think that all the behemoths I've killed have been from hidden, protected positions. I had to fight it out on the ground with the one in Lexington, but luckily he was already halfway dead from something else so he never got close to me. Every time I visit Sunshine Tidings I go up to the Gunner's camp on the overpass and check to see if the behemoth at Carhenge has respawned. I don't know how many times I've killed him, but I've done it a lot. It's really not fair.

dogbane

Post by dogbane » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:53 am

I forgot about the Carhenge behemoth. I passed through there early on but I haven't been back, even though I visit Sunshine Tidings regularly. I can't remember how I killed him. I think it was with a missile launcher.
Mostly not here anymore.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:08 pm

I killed a Behemoth with a .45 Combat Rifle once. I accidentally stumbled across him while roaming the wastes and when he started roaring, I ran like hell and took pot shots at him as I circled around. Eventually I put him down and went to search his body.

I didn't find much of value aside from some ammo and a couple aluminum cans, though. :(

ETA: I finally saved up enough caps to buy that Spray n' Pray gun from that weird Cricket girl near Vault 81. It makes mincemeat of lower level raiders, like the ones that spawn near Concord. Super Mutant grunts are no match for it either. Everything else, save for some bugs and molerats, takes two or more hits to put down.

I also scored the Broadsider cannon today as well. Haven't used it, but that's only because I don't have that many cannonballs for it. Time to hit Fort Strong, I guess.

jor-el

Post by jor-el » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:16 pm

So, has anyone started the Nuka World DLC yet?
My son, you will travel far, but never be alone, for I am with you, my M14 and battle axe comfort you.

mzmc
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Started out with Resident Evil, but I got better.

Post by mzmc » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:42 pm

Nah, still working on Far Harbor.

Which is really worth it, btw.
May contain traces of derp.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:22 pm

Well, I was playing Fallout 4 for a bit the other day and went to save my game like I always do. I get an error message saying that I have insufficient space and that I need to delete an old save file. I check my save files to see which ones I want to delete and damnit if I didn't find save games from all the way back to the beginning of my gameplay. :shock:

I didn't even know Fallout 4 saved my game that far back. Probably need to disable the autosave at every little event option in order to keep my saves current and avoid this issue again.

quazi

Post by quazi » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:33 pm

I'm an unreformed save scummer myself. I've never learned to trust autosave.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:52 pm

quazi wrote:I'm an unreformed save scummer myself. I've never learned to trust autosave.
I still save after every major encounter myself.

I let the game autosave and then I go back and hard save on my own. The autosave is probably why I have so many old save files on my game.

quazi

Post by quazi » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:22 pm

That's surprising. I had assumed that autosave would have overwritten the same file every time.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:59 pm

quazi wrote:That's surprising. I had assumed that autosave would have overwritten the same file every time.
It used to save into its own little slot in the older games along with however many save files you had. I guess they changed that for Fallout 4.

jor-el

Post by jor-el » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:56 pm

Look at the .ini file in My Games/Fallout 4.
The autosave is set to activate by default every 10 minutes as well as after every wakeup from sleep and a few other places. At 4mb apiece with only a few mods activated that's at least 24-25mb/hour.
With lots of mods and a lot of ingame conditions altered like having all your settlements populated to 20+ and fully outfitted with armor sets and weapons, your saves should be more like 100mb apiece. 10 hours of gaming could bulk up to 6gb in saves.

I would set autosave to something like once an hour or more. And try to clean up the autosaves before shutting down. In the folder the autosaves are clearly marked.
My son, you will travel far, but never be alone, for I am with you, my M14 and battle axe comfort you.

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”