Fallout 4......

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

mzmc
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Started out with Resident Evil, but I got better.

Re: Fallout 4......

Post by mzmc » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:10 pm

dogbane wrote:I was attacking Gunners Plaza, sniping the sentries and turrets one by one, when Piper ran out into the open and started shooting the baddies, so I had to start fighting in the open and I got hit with a mini-nuke and died. :evil: When I respawned, I made her stay back while I did my thing.
Oh yeah, I remember this location.

There's a sergeant with a Fat Man up on the gallery, usually to the right. If he spots you, you're screwed. One .308 to the brainpan takes care of that problem. All hail the scoped hunting rifle.

Companion AI is really a joke in this game.
May contain traces of derp.

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:54 am

I did the Curie quest and got her a new body. I built up affinity with her very quickly (my character's charisma is 10) and the flirt option came up. I flirted a little, but didn't pursue it to romance. Will the flirt/romance option be available again in the future, or is it a one-time thing?

Edit: Reading some other forums and there seems to be a bug (or is it a feature?) wherein if you turn Curie down for romance, she becomes sullen and uncommunicative when you ask about how the relationship is going, and the romance option doesn't come up again. (Of course, many folks in those discussions think it's just crazy to turn her down for romance.) I may go back to a previous save and take a different route to see how it goes.

From Reddit, re Curie:
When you ask a woman how you're doing with your relationship and she doesn't say anything it usually says everything...
Mostly not here anymore.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:10 pm

I think I finally got the hang of this game.

I upgraded my guns and got a better set of armor and now I am Death Incarnate to damn near everything in the wastelands. :twisted:

I've also been finding stimpaks left and right, which is a great help. It's also easier to craft then than it is to buy them. Friggin traders want too much for them, so I'm home brewing my own.

quazi

Post by quazi » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:46 pm

I don't think I ever bought a weapon from a merchant, other than Spray 'n Spray. That gun was totally worth it.

Also, I don't think I've ever purposefully went into VATS outside of the tutorial.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:55 pm

quazi wrote:I don't think I ever bought a weapon from a merchant, other than Spray 'n Spray. That gun was totally worth it.

Also, I don't think I've ever purposefully went into VATS outside of the tutorial.
I did once, but I've not done so since then. It's just not as useful or as necessary in this game as it was in the previous ones.

I might pick up that Spray n' Pray gun from that weird little trader girl named "Cricket" near Vault 81. That girl creeps me the hell out. :shock:

mzmc
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by mzmc » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:25 am

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
quazi wrote:I don't think I ever bought a weapon from a merchant, other than Spray 'n Spray. That gun was totally worth it.

I did once, but I've not done so since then. It's just not as useful or as necessary in this game as it was in the previous ones.

I might pick up that Spray n' Pray gun from that weird little trader girl named "Cricket" near Vault 81. That girl creeps me the hell out. :shock:
She travels between Vault 81 and Diamond City a lot. Shes one of my main sources of .308, which is my go-to round.

She's also heavily armed, a drug addict, mentally unstable, and an Institute spy. :mrgreen:

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:51 pm

mzmc wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:

She travels between Vault 81 and Diamond City a lot. Shes one of my main sources of .308, which is my go-to round.

She's also heavily armed, a drug addict, mentally unstable, and an Institute spy. :mrgreen:
I think she's also voiced by the same lady who voiced "Tiny Tina" in Borderlands 2.

dogbane

Post by dogbane » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:37 am

I discovered yesterday that there is a limit to what can be built in a settlement when playing on a console (PC might be different), even if you have the materials to build with. I hit that limit in Sanctuary, so now I need to decide whether to scrap and rearrange walls and structures or focus on building elsewhere. I've been building a lot at Abernathy Farm, Nordhagen Beach and Tenpines Bluff. I don't have radio beacons in those places, but instead recruit from settlements where I do have beacons--Outpost Zimonja, Taffington Boathouse, and the Starlight Drive-In--and move those settlers to my prime spots. Sanctuary, Abernathy and Nordhagen are at capacity now.
Mostly not here anymore.

mzmc
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by mzmc » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:16 am

dogbane wrote:I discovered yesterday that there is a limit to what can be built in a settlement when playing on a console (PC might be different), even if you have the materials to build with. I hit that limit in Sanctuary, so now I need to decide whether to scrap and rearrange walls and structures or focus on building elsewhere. I've been building a lot at Abernathy Farm, Nordhagen Beach and Tenpines Bluff. I don't have radio beacons in those places, but instead recruit from settlements where I do have beacons--Outpost Zimonja, Taffington Boathouse, and the Starlight Drive-In--and move those settlers to my prime spots. Sanctuary, Abernathy and Nordhagen are at capacity now.
The limit is in the engine, it's the same on PC. Can be expanded by command line or mods, though.

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:08 pm

dogbane wrote:I discovered yesterday that there is a limit to what can be built in a settlement when playing on a console (PC might be different), even if you have the materials to build with. I hit that limit in Sanctuary, so now I need to decide whether to scrap and rearrange walls and structures or focus on building elsewhere. I've been building a lot at Abernathy Farm, Nordhagen Beach and Tenpines Bluff. I don't have radio beacons in those places, but instead recruit from settlements where I do have beacons--Outpost Zimonja, Taffington Boathouse, and the Starlight Drive-In--and move those settlers to my prime spots. Sanctuary, Abernathy and Nordhagen are at capacity now.
Yeah, it's meant as an idiot buffer to keep people from overbuilding and unleashing a plague of locusts. Still, you can cheese it by dragging large objects (big guns, armor, tires) into your settlement and then scrap them manually.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:42 pm

I've been playing Fallout 4 pretty heavily for the past couple weeks and today got hit with an annoying bug.

Ok, so I was travelling around the Commonwealth and fought off some raiders and Super Mutants. The battle was epic and the music kicked into high gear.

And fucking stayed that way even after the battle was over. :vmad:

Come to find out it's a well known bug that seemingly the only way to get rid of or to keep ones sanity in check is to turn the ambient music to zero, according to several forums. It's not that big of an issue, but it sucks because I liked the ambient music when out roaming the wastes. Although, I suppose I could look at it like this, in a real PAW type scenario, there will be no accompanying musical score while I roam the wastes trying not to get shot.

quazi

Post by quazi » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:30 am

It might be possible to backup your save game files, uninstall and reinstall Fallout and then restore your saved game files. That sucks, but it might work.

Wait, you're one of those dirty console peasants, aren't you?

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:56 am

quazi wrote:It might be possible to backup your save game files, uninstall and reinstall Fallout and then restore your saved game files. That sucks, but it might work.

Wait, you're one of those dirty console peasants, aren't you?
Yep. Xbox 1, to be exact.

I just turned down the in-game music and it seems to work, but I started playing GTA 5 again, so I'm hoping the issue with the music in Fallout 4 will work itself out. If not, I guess I'll just live with no music aside from the radio, which I never use, in Fallout 4.

To be honest, I wasn't much of a fan of the ambient music anyway, but it still sucks I got hit with this bug.

quazi

Post by quazi » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:13 pm

I like the ambient music in Fallout 4 a lot. I always had the radio on constantly in F3 and NV, but sometimes I leave it off in F4.

I've had problems with my alert getting stuck on Caution or Danger. It's possible that there was an enemy somewhere, but it's happened a lot that after a fight has ended it will be stuck on one of those for like half an hour with no enemies that I can find. Not a big deal, just annoying.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:16 pm

Seems to me that F4 is has a few minor gameplay bugs that are annoying. Not necessarily gamebreaking like some of the ones in NV, though.

dogbane

Post by dogbane » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:30 am

If you retake the Castle with Preston Garvey, it's a good idea to have a heavy combat shotgun that does at least 100 damage. There's also a quest to help Barney Rook in Salem that will net you a sweet sniper rifle named Reba that does 50% additional damage to bugs and mirelurks that is good to have. Power armor helps, too.
Mostly not here anymore.

jor-el

Post by jor-el » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:51 am

I've been quite busy with one or two particular mods. You should look at the deleted version of Elder Maxson's costume. Was he supposed to be the Sole Survivor's time-lost father?

https://tcrf.net/images/thumb/0/08/Fall ... Armors.png

Game sure goes quick though. I've just about armed every single settler in my settlements with upgraded automatic lasers or auto combat rifles with mixed combat armors or metal suits.
I hardly use the stuff anymore. Max out the Solar Powered perk and I hardly use stimpacks/radaways either.
My son, you will travel far, but never be alone, for I am with you, my M14 and battle axe comfort you.

quazi

Post by quazi » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:37 am

dogbane wrote:If you retake the Castle with Preston Garvey, it's a good idea to have a heavy combat shotgun that does at least 100 damage. There's also a quest to help Barney Rook in Salem that will net you a sweet sniper rifle named Reba that does 50% additional damage to bugs and mirelurks that is good to have. Power armor helps, too.
I used an instigating Fat Man. :twisted:

I've never liked shotguns much in F3/NV/F4. Not sure why, as I like rifles and handguns that do high damage at the cost of fire rate.

dogbane

Post by dogbane » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:16 pm

quazi wrote:
dogbane wrote:If you retake the Castle with Preston Garvey, it's a good idea to have a heavy combat shotgun that does at least 100 damage. There's also a quest to help Barney Rook in Salem that will net you a sweet sniper rifle named Reba that does 50% additional damage to bugs and mirelurks that is good to have. Power armor helps, too.
I used an instigating Fat Man. :twisted:

I've never liked shotguns much in F3/NV/F4. Not sure why, as I like rifles and handguns that do high damage at the cost of fire rate.
My go-to guns are: a high-damage combat shotgun for getting up-close and personal with Super Mutants and mirelurks; a .45 scoped assault rifle with bayonet for medium range and melee; a .308 sniper rifle (Reba II is my latest) for taking out the guards; and a suppressed 10mm for when I want to be a sneaky bastage (USAF Satellite Station Olivia or the Corvega Factory, for example). For the most part, I can do everything I need to do with these four guns. I also carry a .44 revolver because, well, it's a .44 revolver.
Mostly not here anymore.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:26 pm

I got "Reba 2" early on when I stumbled into Salem by mistake. I had the weird Burt Gummer type dude yelling at me and I got tasked with bringing his turrets back online and then got my ass handed to me several times by Mirelurks.

After the seventh time I got whacked, I remembered I had a Fat Man with plenty of mini nukes and used that to kill them all once I got them lined up. My companion Strong got caught in the blast a couple times, but he was ok in the end.

Also, I was listening to some of the music on the radios in various settlements and ruins, and I caught a snippet of "I don't want to set the world on fire" by the Ink Spots and I started smiling. That was one of my favorite things from Fallout 3 and I was super excited that they brought back most of the music from that game. :clap:

quazi

Post by quazi » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:12 pm

Ol' Meat in the Pot: Instigating .50 sniper rifle. This is my main go-to weapon as I'm playing a sneaky sniper. It's named after my grandfather's hunting rifle.

Spray 'n Pray: My go-to when things get up close and hairy.

Mercy: I carry this one for pest control and taking out weak enemies. It's moistly to preserve my .50 and .45 ammo. Since I don't use VATS, I actually like it less than my plasma infused and incendiary 10mm pistols. I'll probably put it back in storage once I'm done with the railroad quests.

Ice Pick: Freezing switchblade. I carry it for roleplay purposes, as it seems like I should have a knife. I also use it to dispatch sleeping enemies.

I used to carry an assassin's .50 sniper rifle that I named Simo Hayha. I have enough ranks in Rifleman now that O'' Meat in the Pot usually one-hits any human, so I stopped carrying it.

Before I started using Spray 'n Pray I had a never-ending combat rifle that I named Never Ending Bullet Hose. I was super excited to upgrade it to .308 from .45, but that made it semi-auto and not nearly as fun. I usually give it to whatever companion I'm currently travelling with.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:19 pm

I did the intro mission for the Railroad and scored a neat little silenced PPK. I almost want to find a tuxedo and become a wasteland James Bond. :clap:

I also maxed out my gun nut perk and now I get to play with all the neat mods for guns. Well, all the ones that don't require the Science perk.

Speaking of which, is there a cap to the levels or is it never ending?

quazi

Post by quazi » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:09 pm

I think there is a theoretical level cap of like 275 or something ridiculous like that. At that point everything would be maxed out.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:36 pm

quazi wrote:I think there is a theoretical level cap of like 275 or something ridiculous like that. At that point everything would be maxed out.
Sweet. So I can get all my stats and perks right where I want them.

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”