Fallout 4......

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Re: Fallout 4......

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:38 am

Sckitzo wrote:Yeah I don't see Poland giving two fucks about it. FO3 isn't terrible, I just didn't like the direction it went. Three dog made up for a bunch of it. I'm trying to remember where FO Tactics takes place.
Midwest. BoS was trying to retake Chicago.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (org)

Post by Sckitzo » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:53 am

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:
Sckitzo wrote:Yeah I don't see Poland giving two fucks about it. FO3 isn't terrible, I just didn't like the direction it went. Three dog made up for a bunch of it. I'm trying to remember where FO Tactics takes place.
Midwest. BoS was trying to retake Chicago.
All I can really remember is Gunny, and the M2 toting super mutants. I tried replaying it on ironman couple months back, got wrecked by a single RPG round due to stupidity. Definitely makes the game hard as shit.

TODP

Post by TODP » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:17 pm

I'm just going to leave this here:

It's long and rambly but worthwhile. I wish for Fallout 4 to have the right amount of shandification. Also: "What do they eat?"
I am, and ever will be, a white-socks, pocket-protector, nerdy engineer -- born under the second law of thermodynamics, steeped in the steam tables, in love with free-body diagrams, transformed by Laplace, and propelled by compressible flow.
Neil Armstrong (2000) The Engineered Century. The Bridge 30-1: 14-18

38snubby

Post by 38snubby » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:34 pm

Why anyone would play these games on anything but a PC is beyond me.
Μολὼν λαβέ

quazi

Post by quazi » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:50 pm

Rev wrote:I honestly felt like the capital wasteland was dangerously underpopulated. I had played fallout 1 and 2 so that was what I was comparing with. I really hope some of the hard core modders get together and do a remake of 1 and 2.
I'm not sure, IIRC the map in Fallout 1 and 2 was pretty huge in terms of area covered. If a person was able to travel around in first-person instead of in map-mode the distances between settlements would be much greater. Or were you talking about the number of people inside the settlements?

I liked NV more, but it felt like there was more little things to stumble into in Fallout 3. Maybe that's just the way things worked out for me and there was technically more little interesting things in NV. It felt like NV had more communities.
angelofwar wrote:The only thing (and I mean ONLY) thing better about NV was the increased weapon selection. Other than that, the story and setting of FO3 was a better "post apocalyptic" story line.

Can't wait for 4 though...I also wish they'd put more of a surival spin on it.
I think that the inclusion of hardcore mode was really good. Also there were better dialogue options than in F3.

NV also felt much more like F1 and F2 to me than F3 did.

NV was supposed to be more of post-post-apocalyptic setting than a post-apocalytipc one. I'm not entirely sure why they decided to set F3 so many years after the end of F2 in the timeline of the series. I think it would have made more sense to set the story earlier in the timeline since it takes place so far away from the goings-on in F1 and F2.

I agree about making survival more important. I really liked the hardcore option.
Rev wrote:
Krustofski wrote: I mean, it would be cool. "The Institute" inside "The Commonwealth" from the Android plot line in FO3 is clearly an MIT/Mass refference, but I wouldn't feel too sure about the setting yet.
Instead of a vault dweller or a guy shot in the head you could be an android that just gained awareness or was just turned on.
I really like that idea. :clap:
Halfapint wrote:Maybe I'm biased by I would love a PNW/Cascadia based Fallout. Maybe I'm partial. But at this point I take ANY news that comes out surrounding the next fallout as pure speculation.
That could be cool. I like the idea of a wasteland overgrown with moss.

quazi

Post by quazi » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:04 am

If they ever do make a Fallout MMO I hope it splits the difference between New Vegas and DayZ.

quazi

Post by quazi » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:39 pm

It looks like a Fallout announcement will be made tomorrow:
http://fallout.bethsoft.com/

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:28 pm

quazi wrote:It looks like a Fallout announcement will be made tomorrow:
I have a feeling its going to be a tease.... Grrrr..... I hope I'm wrong.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

quazi

Post by quazi » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:05 pm

Halfapint wrote:
quazi wrote:It looks like a Fallout announcement will be made tomorrow:
I have a feeling its going to be a tease.... Grrrr..... I hope I'm wrong.
If it is I'm going to have to fly down to Maryland and bite off all their dicks.

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:16 pm

Coming soon in 2018 probably :rofl:

:vmad:
MF'N Team Leader: Cleveland Steamers 2012
Team Beards&Irons 2013

JerryOnly
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the dead, ahhh zombies, omega man

Post by JerryOnly » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:36 pm

TheLastOne wrote:Coming soon in 2018 probably :rofl:

:vmad:
After 10 release day push backs
HorrorBusiness

quazi

Post by quazi » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:16 pm

Strangely the countdown timer seems to run off your system time. I discovered this because the system time on my Windows partition is always screwed up (it's not my CMOS battery). I thought maybe I could cheat by changing my time to tomorrow one minute before the countdown expires, but it ended up just sitting at the Please Stand By screen.

Mountainsquid
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead(Snyder), Zombieland

Post by Mountainsquid » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:09 am

Some dudes on Reddit looked at the source and it appears that there are references to last-generation consoles(Xbox 360), so it seems likely that it's going to use a legacy engine.

Not that I care, I have north of 300 Hours on NV, and that was released 5 years ago.

I'm going to be a contrarian and say that...if they could remaster FO1 and FO2 with the engine used for NV...I would totally buy them.

Halfapint

Post by Halfapint » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:37 am

Mountainsquid wrote:Some dudes on Reddit looked at the source and it appears that there are references to last-generation consoles(Xbox 360), so it seems likely that it's going to use a legacy engine.

Not that I care, I have north of 300 Hours on NV, and that was released 5 years ago.

I'm going to be a contrarian and say that...if they could remaster FO1 and FO2 with the engine used for NV...I would totally buy them.
Not at all surprising... This has probably been in the works for 5 years or so (albeit very hush hush). I'm sure it'll be a late next year release, after they port it over and polish it up (if it hasn't already been done). I have absolutely no doubt that Fallout will be released at some point. But I'll take what some internet badasses (redditors) have to say with a grain of salt. There's been reddits about fallout4 since fallout3 came out.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

Rev
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Rev » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:14 am

Yeah it's a teaser, but I am interested as hell. Looks good, at least visually.
Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

Zombie Squad Forum Rules: Read Me!
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 44&t=19895

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:57 am

Trailer:

Mostly not here anymore.

Rev
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Rev » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:03 am

I always like having a dog. Every Fallout should have a non robo dog as a companion.

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:04 am

Woo, the wilds look wilder and the civilizations looks more civilized then I've seen since FO: 2. All aboard the hype train?
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

Rev
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Rev » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:09 am

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:Woo, the wilds look wilder and the civilizations looks more civilized then I've seen since FO: 2. All aboard the hype train?

Choo. Choo.

Halfapint

Post by Halfapint » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:44 am

CHOOO CHOOOOOOOO!!!! Looks like it is taking place in Boston. I saw the baseball bag hanging over a business, and then the statue. I was curious what they were doing with the dog. I'm digging it... Cannot wait. No release date as of yet though.

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:48 am

I might be misremembering, but this looks a lot more colorful. Red! :clap:

I'm on board. I'm a non completionist. I play until I just can't take it anymore but I've enjoyed the previous titles.
MF'N Team Leader: Cleveland Steamers 2012
Team Beards&Irons 2013

Kilo147

Post by Kilo147 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:53 pm

If they have the opening take place before and immediately during the war, I'll be so fucking happy. Now, where did I put my dosimeters...

Mountainsquid
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead(Snyder), Zombieland

Post by Mountainsquid » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:05 pm

TheLastOne wrote:I might be misremembering, but this looks a lot more colorful. Red! :clap:

I'm guessing that Bethesda noticed that one of the first things people do is mod the colors. Green tint sucks.

It has a very Bioshock: Infinite color scheme to it.

Also, I sorta feel as if this is close to that leaked script IGN had a while back; the introduction is you running to the Vault and going into Cryostasis. I was hoping you'd be an Android from the Institute waking up but whatever.

Rev
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Rev » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:12 pm

Mountainsquid wrote:
TheLastOne wrote:I might be misremembering, but this looks a lot more colorful. Red! :clap:

I'm guessing that Bethesda noticed that one of the first things people do is mod the colors. Green tint sucks.

It has a very Bioshock: Infinite color scheme to it.

Also, I sorta feel as if this is close to that leaked script IGN had a while back; the introduction is you running to the Vault and going into Cryostasis. I was hoping you'd be an Android from the Institute waking up but whatever.
Was also hoping for an android story. Last guy I played ended up being mostly machine anyway at the end.

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”