Fallout 4......

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Re: Fallout 4......

Post by Halfapint » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:11 am

Some good news, Xbox did a 180 on their DRM bull, also no on e a day check in, and you will not require a constant online connection to play. So it's nice to see that they do listen. The down side is you can no no loner trade your online games. A little advertised selling point was that any game you bought online you could trade to up to 10 friends for free.

Kennect is still always watching though, but for those if you concerned that the NSA would be watching you *ahem* "take care if business" well now you can just disconnect it from the net and do your business.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (org)

Post by Sckitzo » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:26 am

Unless your business requires the internet :shock:

Bummer that the FO info was bullshit but sorta par for the course anymore.

FrANkNstEin

Post by FrANkNstEin » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:13 pm

Truth being told:

If i would HAVE to buy a Kinect system that i neither need, nor want along with a gaming console.... the brutal truth is that i will simply not buy it. I´m not going to wave my arms around like a tard to interact with anything. That´s what goddamn remotes and controllers are for. Period.

In Addition: no way in hell imma gonna pay 150-200$ extra for a shitty webcam i never asked for.

The thing will cost 500$ because there´s a goddamn extra piece of kit many people don´t need or want but are forced to buy.... well, forced you wish.

It´s no more then a goddamn scam!! Much like the shopping channel bullshit: Buy this kitchen knife for 500$ and you´ll get a second kitchen knife for free... that kinda scam.

It´s like saying: you can only buy our new car in conjunction with this trailer hitch and trailer. You only want the car? Well, shit outta luck you are, but no one forces you to use your new trailer...the important part to us is that you payed for it... and if you unhook it from your car, the car will stop working... :roll:

I will have none of that.

I will repeat what i already said once here: MS went full retard.

You never go full retard.

TODP

Post by TODP » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:21 pm

FrANkNstEin wrote:I will repeat what i already said once here: MS went full retard.

Two words:

Windows Eight.

Thank you for your time,
TODP.
I am, and ever will be, a white-socks, pocket-protector, nerdy engineer -- born under the second law of thermodynamics, steeped in the steam tables, in love with free-body diagrams, transformed by Laplace, and propelled by compressible flow.
Neil Armstrong (2000) The Engineered Century. The Bridge 30-1: 14-18

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:30 pm

Nothing lately but more rumors, theres a teaser website out there now but as its based in Poland people are thinking there is a low probability of it being legit. My hopes are resting on the VGA's in December.

short article http://www.denofgeek.com/games/fallout- ... 4-incoming" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SMoAF wrote:

It's always a mistake to confuse general affability with the inability to do harm.

Vicarious_Lee

I dunked a bitch's head in a bucket of ice water one time when she was OD-ing on Xanax. Worked great, but there was a LOT of paperwork afterward. :lol:

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:33 pm

FrANkNstEin wrote:Truth being told:

If i would HAVE to buy a Kinect system that i neither need, nor want along with a gaming console.... the brutal truth is that i will simply not buy it. I´m not going to wave my arms around like a tard to interact with anything. That´s what goddamn remotes and controllers are for. Period.

In Addition: no way in hell imma gonna pay 150-200$ extra for a shitty webcam i never asked for.

The thing will cost 500$ because there´s a goddamn extra piece of kit many people don´t need or want but are forced to buy.... well, forced you wish.

It´s no more then a goddamn scam!! Much like the shopping channel bullshit: Buy this kitchen knife for 500$ and you´ll get a second kitchen knife for free... that kinda scam.

It´s like saying: you can only buy our new car in conjunction with this trailer hitch and trailer. You only want the car? Well, shit outta luck you are, but no one forces you to use your new trailer...the important part to us is that you payed for it... and if you unhook it from your car, the car will stop working... :roll:

I will have none of that.

I will repeat what i already said once here: MS went full retard.

Yeah, I'm building a new machien now that mysexbox 360 is now "last gen" because I'm tired of console BS. Slow, mandatory downloads, lack of modding, lack of backwards and cross-platform compatibility. New PC is the way to go.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:43 pm

Im hoping that my current PC wont need much if any adjustments to run the new generation of games. I can play skyrim on max ..... but some of the new cinematic's make me worry about my graphics card...
SMoAF wrote:

It's always a mistake to confuse general affability with the inability to do harm.

Vicarious_Lee

I dunked a bitch's head in a bucket of ice water one time when she was OD-ing on Xanax. Worked great, but there was a LOT of paperwork afterward. :lol:

Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Zombieland

Post by 0122358 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:40 am

Well awsome...I just pulled the trigger on parts for a gaming PC able to play BF4 on Ultra :crazy: 8-) for $640...
SMoAF wrote:Your sin is one of geography, not one of unmanliness. Pimp's sin is that he's, well....himself.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Sckitzo » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:08 am

Folks been paying attention to that page that just spits out morse?

http://thesurvivor2299.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So far what I've gotten is

CQ CQ DE OZ PSE AS
"Calling any station, calling any station, calling any station, this is/from Oscar Zulu Please Stand by".

and

Calling any station, Calling any station, Calling any station, Boston Is Gone, I Say Again, Boston Is Gone, No Hope, Frequency 3450, Return Transmission, God Bless America

angelofwar
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Walking Dead, I Am Legend

Post by angelofwar » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:52 am

docdredd wrote:Im hoping that my current PC wont need much if any adjustments to run the new generation of games. I can play skyrim on max ..... but some of the new cinematic's make me worry about my graphics card...

I lucked out...I got a $3500 Alienware laptop from a co-worker for $500.

DUAL ATI Radeon 4850
64 Bit OS
DUAL Intel Duo Core 2's @2850ghz ea.

This beast hauls donkeys!
"The trick, William Potter, is not minding that it hurts..."
http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... w#p2141127

Halfapint

Post by Halfapint » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:38 pm

Sckitzo wrote:Folks been paying attention to that page that just spits out morse?

CQ CQ DE OZ PSE AS
"Calling any station, calling any station, calling any station, this is/from Oscar Zulu Please Stand by".

and

Calling any station, Calling any station, Calling any station, Boston Is Gone, I Say Again, Boston Is Gone, No Hope, Frequency 3450, Return Transmission, God Bless America
Hate to bust the excitement bubble but the survivor2299 page is a fake. The guy who's been running it has come out and said he's got no affiliation with the fallout franchise. It bummed me out to. But if rumor has it sometime in February we should get an OFFICIAL fallout 4 trailer.

Let's keep hoping and dreaming gentlemen, keep hoping and dreaming.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Sckitzo » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:07 pm

Halfapint wrote:
Sckitzo wrote:Folks been paying attention to that page that just spits out morse?

CQ CQ DE OZ PSE AS

and

Hate to bust the excitement bubble but the survivor2299 page is a fake. The guy who's been running it has come out and said he's got no affiliation with the fallout franchise. It bummed me out to. But if rumor has it sometime in February we should get an OFFICIAL fallout 4 trailer.

Let's keep hoping and dreaming gentlemen, keep hoping and dreaming.
Ahh, lame. I wonder why Bethesda let him get away with it as long as he did since he was using official logos.

I'm not terribly disappointed though, I was really hoping it would not be taking place on the East Coast again. That and one of the guys I know who does fallout props was hitting at NW coast and I'm inclined to believe him.

Halfapint

Post by Halfapint » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:26 pm

I've got various friends that are "in the know" lol I say that because 3 people 3 answers.

1) Boston
2) California
3) NW/Cascadia

So I'm just going to wait for the trailer and hope it's the NW because that would be cool, even California maybe the lawless areas of the NCR.

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Sckitzo » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:27 pm

Halfapint wrote:I've got various friends that are "in the know" lol I say that because 3 people 3 answers.

1) Boston
2) California
3) NW/Cascadia

So I'm just going to wait for the trailer and hope it's the NW because that would be cool, even California maybe the lawless areas of the NCR.

2 and 3 match up with what I got, but we both also think he was used as a bit of viral marketing/intentional false information. Either that or the best troll ever, either way I'm still leaning towards that area for the next game, but I try to do my best to avoid thinking about it at all.

I don't want to get excited for a game thats still that far out, I try to avoid all the dev stuff even. I do have to say the Morse code thing was pretty interesting, really clever trolling on that guys part.

TODP

Post by TODP » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:31 pm

CQ CQ DE OZ PSE AS

and

Is it actually not really certain that this is a fake. It likely is, but the issue is... complicated.

NMA and The Vault both have concise lists, weighing the arguments real vs. fake:

http://www.nma-fallout.com/article.php?id=64625" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://fallout.gamepedia.com/Blog:News/ ... vivor_2299" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Unless I'm mistaken, the guy who admited to have faked something was the one who runs the associated tumblr account, not the site itself.

Thank you for your time,
TODP.
I am, and ever will be, a white-socks, pocket-protector, nerdy engineer -- born under the second law of thermodynamics, steeped in the steam tables, in love with free-body diagrams, transformed by Laplace, and propelled by compressible flow.

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Sckitzo » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:38 am

It does appear that tunnel snakes rule (and it was indeed a fake)

TODP

Post by TODP » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:59 am

Bummer. :|

As far as fakes go, that was a good one. Pretty creative. I'm singularly impressed by all the effort that went into it.

Thank you for your time,
TODP.

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Sckitzo » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:34 pm

Yeah I can appreciate the level of effort that went into it. Still surprised Bethesda didn't do something but maybe they saw it as free publicity?

BigDaddyTX

Post by BigDaddyTX » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:45 pm

Sckitzo wrote:Yeah I can appreciate the level of effort that went into it. Still surprised Bethesda didn't do something but maybe they saw it as free publicity?
A little of that, plus it was originally hosted in Poland IIRC, so maybe that makes the cease and desist letter take longer to get out. They should have nipped it in the bud early; honestly I feel like it's pretty shitty they just didn't say.. "No, 2299 isn't ours" and be done with it. Saying "if you didn't see it on our official twattle" or whatever after the C&D finally hit is pretty weaksauce. Plus 3Dog didn't deny it in an encouraging sort of way, which is extra lame.
mzmadmike wrote: I may even buy another semiautomatic assault weapon rambo killing machine for my small penis, with lots of large capacity non-reusable clips full of armor piercing incendiary mercury tracer poisoned explosive hollowpoint glaser black talons

dan-bri

Post by dan-bri » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:53 pm

I don't know how legit this information is, especially since the last thing was a hoax but this is worth a look.

http://kotaku.com/leaked-documents-reve ... 1481322956

It's a leaked casting script, containing details of some of the possible characters and locations. Interestingly is seems to be set in Boston, which matches up to what the Morse code signal apparently said on the 'survivor 2299' site.

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Sckitzo » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:14 pm

I saw that, my first though that is if it is legit its clever viral marketing. If it isn't it is someone playing up on the morse code thing.

I'm hoping its fake, I really don't want another fallout that takes place East of the big blue line :lol:

Halfapint

Post by Halfapint » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:45 pm

Sckitzo wrote:I saw that, my first though that is if it is legit its clever viral marketing. If it isn't it is someone playing up on the morse code thing.

I'm hoping its fake, I really don't want another fallout that takes place East of the big blue line :lol:
+1

Maybe I'm biased by I would love a PNW/Cascadia based Fallout. Maybe I'm partial. But at this point I take ANY news that comes out surrounding the next fallout as pure speculation.

EndeavourOfWill

Post by EndeavourOfWill » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:25 am

Weird I just bought fall out 3 and I'm grinding through the wasteland. Pretty fun game. The equipment degradation is really obnoxious.

There's a circle in hell that's reserved for dickheads who make fake "official" game, music video and movie trailers.

It's probably tricky for North American companies to bring citizens from other countries to task for copyright infringement. I can't imagine Poland giving a shit if dude is pretending a video game is coming out (working game addicted north americans into a frenzie) unless the offended company is ready to make it worth Poland$ time.
Blessed is the mind too small for doubt

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Sckitzo » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:11 am

Yeah I don't see Poland giving two fucks about it. FO3 isn't terrible, I just didn't like the direction it went. Three dog made up for a bunch of it. I'm trying to remember where FO Tactics takes place.

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”