State of Decay

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Zombie309
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: State of Decay

Post by Zombie309 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:53 am

I need to break this bad boy out and finish it but Last of Us is using all my gaming time for now.

Expansion coming soon, sounds pretty bad ass.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/state-of-d ... th-6415429" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Check out my book, Zombies Across the Border, in the Fiction section and let me know what you think!

Akin
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn Of The Dead, Shaun Of The Dead

Post by Akin » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:14 pm

Been playing this damn game for a coule of weeks now, on the PC.

Good lord... I havent sacrificed sleep for gaming like this in YEARS.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Captain Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper

Akin
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Akin » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:15 pm

By the way, anyone found a way to upgrade sleeping quarters? Think i need to find beds, but I've never seen one...?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Captain Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper

Rugger

Post by Rugger » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:00 am

When you go to the build/upgrade menu, it'll show what you need to build or upgrade something. Usually it's just building materials. I can't remember right off the top of my head what is required for sleeping quarters, but I'd bet it's just building materials.
*WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological or emotional damage sustained by the reader is NOT the responsibility of the contributor.
Image Red Wire Rules!!

Akin
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Akin » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:23 am

It says that I need beds. I've never, ever found a bed...
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Rev
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Rev » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:25 am

Akin wrote:It says that I need beds. I've never, ever found a bed...
That means you need to upgrade a sleeping area, or build another entirely. After you build the other, you'll want to upgrade it as soon as possible.
Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

Zombie Squad Forum Rules: Read Me!
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 44&t=19895

Akin
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Akin » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:47 am

Rev wrote:
Akin wrote:It says that I need beds. I've never, ever found a bed...
That means you need to upgrade a sleeping area, or build another entirely. After you build the other, you'll want to upgrade it as soon as possible.
errr... how can I upgrade it, if I can't find any beds? That's my point...
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Rev
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Rev » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:50 am

You do not need any beds. The upgrade uses supplies like anything else.

Akin
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Akin » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:53 am

Rev wrote:You do not need any beds. The upgrade uses supplies like anything else.
huh... well, it says I need a bed for everyone.

I have about eighty supplies in my base right now, how many do you need to upgrade it?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Rev
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Rev » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:47 pm

Akin wrote:
Rev wrote:You do not need any beds. The upgrade uses supplies like anything else.
huh... well, it says I need a bed for everyone.

I have about eighty supplies in my base right now, how many do you need to upgrade it?
http://stateofdecay.wikia.com/wiki/Facilities

Rugger

Post by Rugger » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:48 pm

The building supplies are used to build the beds. There are NO beds in the game to be found. You have to build the beds with building supplies in the construction menu.
*WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological or emotional damage sustained by the reader is NOT the responsibility of the contributor.
Image Red Wire Rules!!

Akin
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Akin » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:03 pm

Okay, how wierd. I moved my home and suddenly I can upgrade the sleeping area. Was it not upgradeable when you're at the church or something?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Wraith6761

Post by Wraith6761 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:46 am

Akin wrote:Okay, how wierd. I moved my home and suddenly I can upgrade the sleeping area. Was it not upgradeable when you're at the church or something?
The sleeping area inside the church is already upgraded, you can't upgrade it again, only build a new sleeping area.
Woods Walker wrote:...I don't think it matters if a backpack has Dora the Explorer on it. Based on my observations from years of hunting and fishing if something looks and acts like prey it will draw in predators.

Murgatroy

Post by Murgatroy » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:05 pm

Akin wrote:Okay, how wierd. I moved my home and suddenly I can upgrade the sleeping area. Was it not upgradeable when you're at the church or something?
You can't upgrade built in areas.
Yoda for President

Kelvar
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead (1968), Dawn of the Dead (2004), Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland

Post by Kelvar » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:32 pm

When I first started playing, I didn't find the interface to be terribly intuitive, so I understand the confusion. Hell, I still don't entirely understand how resource generation from outposts works and I beat the game and got all the achievements. *shrug*

I love the new DLC--it has really breathed new life into this thing. This is one of my all time favorite games, even though it hasn't had the staying power of some others I've played.
Failure to plan means planning to fail.
JamesCannon wrote:I was more mad that it was closed down, because I loved the dish that was apparently rat meat.
Meat N' Taters wrote:Death rays, advanced technology or not, no creature wants to be stabbed in their hoo-hoo.
Pig wrote:How dare you try to bribe me with amenities like anime, Annie Mae, my sea anemone enemy!?

Bearcat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Do I have to choose?

Post by Bearcat » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:35 pm

Kelvar wrote:When I first started playing, I didn't find the interface to be terribly intuitive, so I understand the confusion. Hell, I still don't entirely understand how resource generation from outposts works and I beat the game and got all the achievements. *shrug*

I love the new DLC--it has really breathed new life into this thing. This is one of my all time favorite games, even though it hasn't had the staying power of some others I've played.
There's DLC? Shit, I know what I'm doing after finals.
Meat N' Taters wrote:Death rays, advanced technology or not, no creature wants to be stabbed in their hoo-hoo.
Jvandenhaus wrote:Zombie squad: If you aren't one of us, you wish you were.

Kelvar
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead (1968), Dawn of the Dead (2004), Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland

Post by Kelvar » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:54 pm

Bearcat wrote:There's DLC? Shit, I know what I'm doing after finals.
Oh, yeah! The DLC is awesome if you, like me, really liked the original game, played the shit out of it and then sort of started losing interest. What I like is that it gives you a reason to pick your favorite characters, build them up, equip them and then keep playing. It is well worth the measly $7 or whatever it cost.
Failure to plan means planning to fail.
JamesCannon wrote:I was more mad that it was closed down, because I loved the dish that was apparently rat meat.
Pig wrote:How dare you try to bribe me with amenities like anime, Annie Mae, my sea anemone enemy!?

Bearcat

Post by Bearcat » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:05 pm

Kelvar wrote:
Bearcat wrote:There's DLC? Shit, I know what I'm doing after finals.
Oh, yeah! The DLC is awesome if you, like me, really liked the original game, played the shit out of it and then sort of started losing interest. What I like is that it gives you a reason to pick your favorite characters, build them up, equip them and then keep playing. It is well worth the measly $7 or whatever it cost.
That's exactly what happened to me.

Akin
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Akin » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:40 pm

Kinda disappointed that the DLC didn't come with a new map, but playing it nonetheless.

Has anyone deciphered the resource and outpost thing? It's definitely not very user-friendly...
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Bearcat

Post by Bearcat » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:16 pm

Akin wrote:Kinda disappointed that the DLC didn't come with a new map, but playing it nonetheless.

Has anyone deciphered the resource and outpost thing? It's definitely not very user-friendly...
Never could. Didn't ever see it help me with my supplies.

Akin
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Akin » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:27 pm

When in doubt, I need to remember to read the freaking manual... or the Wiki... :-D

http://stateofdecay.wikia.com/wiki/Outposts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

VERY useful info!!!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (org)

Post by Sckitzo » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:52 am

Akin wrote:When in doubt, I need to remember to read the freaking manual... or the Wiki... :-D

http://stateofdecay.wikia.com/wiki/Outposts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

VERY useful info!!!
Very nice

colemoge
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004), 28 Days & Weeks Later

Post by colemoge » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:34 pm

very very good game

easily a top 5 zombie video game
Those fighters with no losses on thier records are obviously fighting the wrong opponents.

Akin
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Akin » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:37 pm

I'm STILL playing the damn thing. Getting close to two hundred hours wasted now...
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”