State of Decay

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Molon Labe

Re: State of Decay

Post by Molon Labe » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:34 pm

I would love to get back into this game.
Molon labe: Underwater Fire Starter-
"Tis' not shackles of iron that will chain the people, but apathy. Twill' not be weapons of steel that will keep them free, but the will to act."
Thor wrote: Never did sling load that Gama Goat.
Image You can't stop the signal.

Kelvar
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead (1968), Dawn of the Dead (2004), Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland

Post by Kelvar » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:57 pm

I haven't been following the Undead Labs forums for a while--does anyone know if there are any big plans for SoD? Have there been any DLCs since the one with the military unit named Black Friday? Yes, I could Google it (and probably will), but if anyone wants to report on any developments, I'd take it as a kindness. . .
Failure to plan means planning to fail.
JamesCannon wrote:I was more mad that it was closed down, because I loved the dish that was apparently rat meat.
Meat N' Taters wrote:Death rays, advanced technology or not, no creature wants to be stabbed in their hoo-hoo.
Pig wrote:How dare you try to bribe me with amenities like anime, Annie Mae, my sea anemone enemy!?

Abuhin

Post by Abuhin » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:28 pm

Kelvar wrote:I haven't been following the Undead Labs forums for a while--does anyone know if there are any big plans for SoD? Have there been any DLCs since the one with the military unit named Black Friday? Yes, I could Google it (and probably will), but if anyone wants to report on any developments, I'd take it as a kindness. . .
Haven't looked up anything, either. But I heard second hand that something is planned. Wayne of "Let's Play Cat Gaming" loves the series and keeps putting out videos. He thinks there might be a disc release of the original three for X-Box One, but nothing concrete for future games.
Disclaimer: For anonymity and security's sake, this poster may alter, omit, or fabricate details of his personal life and circumstances.

Akin
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn Of The Dead, Shaun Of The Dead

Post by Akin » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:53 pm

Wait, what? "Original three"?

I only have Breakdown and Lifeline (I think? The military one)... what was the third?!?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Captain Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper

Abuhin

Post by Abuhin » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:39 am

By three, I was including the original campaign version.
Disclaimer: For anonymity and security's sake, this poster may alter, omit, or fabricate details of his personal life and circumstances.

Akin
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Akin » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:54 am

Oh, thought you meant three DLCs...
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Captain Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper

zombieapocalypsegame
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
28 Days Later

Post by zombieapocalypsegame » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:37 pm

They just announced the Year One Survival Edition
Zombie Apocalypse Games
The Zombies, They're Coming!
Once Fired Lake City Brass
Brass made for & only used by the US armed forces, well suited for reloading.

Maeklos
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Dawn of the Dead (the original), Resident Evil

Post by Maeklos » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:28 pm

There seems to have been quite a bit of tweakage of the base SoD game in the last year or so. I've played Lifeline on and off since it came out, but haven't played the base game in about a year, year and a half. I got a new computer a few months back and just redownloaded it tonight, so fired up a new game. It seems to be a lot harder now than it used to be, starting out. After I got out of the park and got to the church, the very first house I went to (the one just off to the left down that hill as you're leaving the church) was swarming with zombies. I run-slammed the back door open, which tends to make a lot less noise than beating on a locked door until it opens. There were four zombies waiting for me that I hacked down with my tomahawk, but by that time, another half dozen or so had swarmed into the living room and started to spill into the kitchen where I'd been fighting. I split back out the door and there were another half dozen or so outside of the house, coming toward me. So, basically, two hordes' worth of zombies - except I hadn't alerted any hordes.

Pretty much every house has been like that. Go in, and instead of 1-3 zombies scattered about the house, there's 4-8. But on the flipside, they seem to be respawning much more slowly. After hacking my way through most of that little starting neighborhood, I can pretty much roam freely, so long as I avoid the hordes.

Oh, and there's more opportunities to pick up survivors. Not ten minutes after having gotten to the church, I got a call to go pick up a group of survivors. That added three to the church. Then got another call from Lily to investigate signs of scavenging. Went there and the guy split his loot with me for a ride back to his hideout. But when I got there, his two buddies were dead, so I wound up absorbing him into my group, too. So about an hour into my playthrough and I'm up to 12 people at the church.
Politics is like having two handfuls of shit - one that smells bad and one that looks bad - and having to decide which one to put in your mouth.

"If the Russian flag were accurate, it would depict half a cabbage, a bottle of vodka, and a cold man dying for the Motherland."

shooterm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead

Post by shooterm » Mon May 11, 2015 7:09 pm

I finally bought it when it came out on Xbox One, amazing game. I beat the main storyline and now on breakown. I'm trying not to game it by killing off survivors for the perfect team. I really wish DayZ could actually put out a game like this on Xbox my computer no longer handles it. The days of me getting gaming computer are done.

Akin
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Akin » Tue May 12, 2015 10:00 am

shooterm wrote:I finally bought it when it came out on Xbox One, amazing game. I beat the main storyline and now on breakown. I'm trying not to game it by killing off survivors for the perfect team. I really wish DayZ could actually put out a game like this on Xbox my computer no longer handles it. The days of me getting gaming computer are done.
You don't really need to kill them off in Breakdown, just don't take them with you when you bail in the RV!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

shooterm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead

Post by shooterm » Wed May 13, 2015 11:35 am

I just figured out to you can boot them with a Leadership character if they have morale issues. I'm trying to like heavy weapons as a alternative to edged but I cant get over how much time a attack animation is for Heavy. If I whiff a swing it always seems to turn me to a zombie and opens up a attack. Also I'm falling in love with a assault rifles and focus aim. I can mow a group in seconds with it. The big uns go down quick with head shots as well.

Akin
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Akin » Thu May 14, 2015 1:34 am

Guven the scarcity of decent edged weapons, I only let characters with nimble use them.

But with the new update, for some reason even though I start clicking as soon as zombies get near, no one with an edged weapon actually attacks until after the zombies get the first bite in. It's really starting to piss me off.

I only let characters with the powerhouse skill use heavy weapons, since they can carry more weight and the heavy weapons are, err, heavier. They're devastating once they get a few stars in to it.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Abuhin

Post by Abuhin » Thu May 14, 2015 3:13 pm

I haven't gotten Year One Survival edition, yet. Is it worth it?

And I hear the new original character has reflexes and an exclusive permanently suppressed rifle. Seems op to me.

shooterm wrote:I'm trying to like heavy weapons as a alternative to edged but I cant get over how much time a attack animation is for Heavy. If I whiff a swing it always seems to turn me to a zombie and opens up a attack. Also I'm falling in love with a assault rifles and focus aim. I can mow a group in seconds with it. The big uns go down quick with head shots as well.
Try two swings and then roll away when fighting groups. Until you can unlock one of the sweeps.
Akin wrote:Guven the scarcity of decent edged weapons, I only let characters with nimble use them.

But with the new update, for some reason even though I start clicking as soon as zombies get near, no one with an edged weapon actually attacks until after the zombies get the first bite in. It's really starting to piss me off.

I only let characters with the powerhouse skill use heavy weapons, since they can carry more weight and the heavy weapons are, err, heavier. They're devastating once they get a few stars in to it.
How did we go this long without discussing our character preferences?

Yeah, heavy weapons for powerhouses is obvious. Do you go for pro-wrestling? I don't think the opportunity for two-head smash presents itself enough. And I might be saying this just because most of the youtube gamers I watch prefer this set-up.

I don't like gun specialization, either, unless the character's nimble. But I'm not set in stone for all the nimble characters. For Ed Jones in Breakdown, my favorite thing is sweep kick and blunt-uppercut. Sam is already a shotgunner, so I'd give her spin kick. And Vince in Lifeline I'd also go for spin kick, but either edged or a gun.

zero11010

Post by zero11010 » Thu May 14, 2015 3:33 pm

You guys are making me want to fire up the game again!

Akin
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Akin » Thu May 14, 2015 6:27 pm

Well, if you like the game, the new version is pretty cool. I've replayed the main game, and Lifeline, already, and now I'm playing breakdown again. The new graphics are quite pretty...

As for gameplay, it seems a lot harder to me than the original. You can easily find yourself getting swarmed under with little warning, even while on "routine" scavenging runs. I never go after infestations anymore without a buddy...

Any idea how to even use special moves? I can sweep by hitting E with some of my characters, but most of the special moves I've never been able to figure out. Every time I look for help online, it turns out to be console help, even though I specifically search for PC...

I wish they'd hurry up with the State of Decay 2 already!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Akin
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Akin » Mon May 18, 2015 5:25 am

God DAMN but the new game is tough!

Playing breakout, and I just lost my two toughest characters on stupid missions. One went in to loot a house and was swarmed under by what must have been at l;east two swarms worth of zombies... mind you, this wasn't an infestation or anything, just a normal loot run on a house. I'd already searched the damn place and knew there was food inside so I was making an "easy" run two blocks from my base.

Then I sent my uber heavy, the bonus character that comes with the game if you bought the original, to get the gear back... ran over ready to kill, picked up the back from an empty house, ran back out and got tackled from the side by a feral. While I was trying to get him off me a horde that I could swear was no where around heard us and ran over. I killed the feral and started on the horde when ANOTHER feral tackled me from behind and killed me. I was so shocked I wasn't even able to blow up the grenade I was carrying as I died (I brought explosives since I thought the house would still be full).

Sheesh. I had just relocated, too, so I only have like six characters, one of whom is useless (Lily) and one of whom is a coward and asthmatic but is a paramedic so I was keeping him around to run the infirmary.

I seriously think I need to restart this game.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Kelvar
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead (1968), Dawn of the Dead (2004), Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland

Post by Kelvar » Mon May 18, 2015 10:58 am

Akin wrote: I wish they'd hurry up with the State of Decay 2 already!
Wait--have they confirmed that they're going to do a sequel?!? :shock:
Failure to plan means planning to fail.
JamesCannon wrote:I was more mad that it was closed down, because I loved the dish that was apparently rat meat.
Meat N' Taters wrote:Death rays, advanced technology or not, no creature wants to be stabbed in their hoo-hoo.
Pig wrote:How dare you try to bribe me with amenities like anime, Annie Mae, my sea anemone enemy!?

Akin
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Akin » Mon May 18, 2015 2:23 pm

Kelvar wrote:
Akin wrote: I wish they'd hurry up with the State of Decay 2 already!
Wait--have they confirmed that they're going to do a sequel?!? :shock:
Not that I know of, but since they're still in business they must be working on something...
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”