It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: State of Decay
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:02 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Looks like a really fun XBOX Arcade game coming out in a few months. Focuses on building a base, recruiting as many survivors as possible, and the survival mechanics look pretty tight.

Post subject: Re: State of Decay
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:47 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Very pumped for this game. I've been following the Undead Labs forum for a few months now.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:26 am 

Wow. I've never heard of this before. But it looks like it's going to give me a reason to do something with my 360 other than streaming Netflix. Thanks for posting!

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:24 pm 

I just stumbled on this one and can't wait to check it out. I don't have an XBox, so I'm guessing I'll be waiting for a few months for the PC port. Still, it looks incredible.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:00 am 

Game finally release a launch date. It will be coming out in June. Just saw a never video trailer for the game and it seems like they polished up a lot of the fighting movement (which is good as it seemed pretty choppy originally)

I cant embed to save my live, as i forget how to do it after a few days (dammitt!!!) but heres a link to the new trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... WymrASLIYg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:42 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

[YouTube]GWymrASLIYg[/YouTube]

Geez driftking it's like right above where you type your text haha.

Pretty pumped for this one.

Last edited by Zombie309 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:54 am 

Finally! Been watching this game forever. June is farther than I had hoped for though. .. oh well at least it has a date now.

-------------------------------------------------------
Sent from a long time ago... in a galaxy far far away...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:41 pm 

And June is the Xbox release date. Those of us on PC are likely to have to wait longer still. Ah well.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:31 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

IGN called it potentially the best Xbox Arcade game ever. I'm getting really pumped for this one.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:45 pm 
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

I can't believe I missed this thread! I just found out about this game last night because it was one of the featured items on the XBOX home thing (whatever it is called).

It looks great--it may be the best new game in a long time. 8-)

JamesCannon wrote:
I was more mad that it was closed down, because I loved the dish that was apparently rat meat.

Meat N' Taters wrote:
Death rays, advanced technology or not, no creature wants to be stabbed in their hoo-hoo.

Pig wrote:
How dare you try to bribe me with amenities like anime, Annie Mae, my sea anemone enemy!?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:25 pm 

It's official, SOD has passed Microsoft Certification and will be available on Xbox Live June 5th!

http://undeadlabs.com/2013/06/news/6-5-13/

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-- Teddy Roosevelt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:03 pm 

came out today for 20 bucks on xbox live. IGN rates it a 8.9 despite being buggy. Seems like lag is the major issue, sounds like the SOD group is in the process of fixing it hopefully.

No, i have not played it yet. I will when i get a chance though!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:32 am 

Downloaded this overnight - looks ridiculously deep for $20.

Only messed around for a few minutes this morning but yeah it looks like it'll deliver what it's billed as.

A lot of people are saying the tutorial isn't nearly thorough enough so hit the Undead Labs forums if you are stuck or confused.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:59 pm 

I played it all night while On Call (yep, paid to play a video game.) It mostly has a few FPS jumps, a few visiual anomalies, and some collision glitches. (Characters faces and stuff going through walls) other than that, Its a pretty awesome game. I'd pay more than $20 for it. The game is a steal and a lot of fun.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:58 pm 

FOr $20 this game is fantastic. I have been waiting for years for a sandbox/rpg/survival zombie shooter.

Jvandenhaus wrote:
Zombie squad: If you aren't one of us, you wish you were.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:30 pm 

Same here, hadn't heard of the game until I saw it on the main screen. Just downloaded it, but have to wait till this weekend for some serious play time. Stupid job, friends, and relationships.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:48 pm 

Really enjoying this game so far. Ten minutes in and I rounded up a squirrel rifle and a .22 revolver.

Melee is ridiculously strong given the game's sound mechanics. I'm not sure there's a meaningful advantage to using firearms yet aside from the better TTK and even at that, you're far better off jumping in a car.

I'm not very far though.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:53 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

I'm getting this tomorrow! Thanks for the recomends.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:53 pm 

I just wish you can change the aim speed with firearms... its really easy to swing passed your target cause of the sensitivity.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:25 am 
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Has anyone figured out how to build things yet? I’m at the church and there are complaints about there not being enough beds, so I want to add a “dormitory” or whatever. I went out and found building materials, and I see a thing on the interface that deals with building things, but I don’t see any way to say “Build this.” Could it be that I need *more* building materials and that it just hasn’t become available yet for that reason?

I love this game, but it could really use some type of manual to explain some of these things.

Also, I’m getting *really* freakin’ frustrated at how quickly melee weapons wear out and how hard it is to find replacements.
Anyway, any advice would be appreciated. I Googled this and didn’t find anything helpful. If someone has a link that walks through the Interface and explains how it all works, that would be awesome.

JamesCannon wrote:
I was more mad that it was closed down, because I loved the dish that was apparently rat meat.

Meat N' Taters wrote:
Death rays, advanced technology or not, no creature wants to be stabbed in their hoo-hoo.

Pig wrote:
How dare you try to bribe me with amenities like anime, Annie Mae, my sea anemone enemy!?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:46 pm 

Kelvar wrote:
Has anyone figured out how to build things yet? I’m at the church and there are complaints about there not being enough beds, so I want to add a “dormitory” or whatever. I went out and found building materials, and I see a thing on the interface that deals with building things, but I don’t see any way to say “Build this.” Could it be that I need *more* building materials and that it just hasn’t become available yet for that reason?

I love this game, but it could really use some type of manual to explain some of these things.

Also, I’m getting *really* freakin’ frustrated at how quickly melee weapons wear out and how hard it is to find replacements.
Anyway, any advice would be appreciated. I Googled this and didn’t find anything helpful. If someone has a link that walks through the Interface and explains how it all works, that would be awesome.

Open the character tab, scroll over to the home page (will show a map of your home with green blocks and blank blocks) select a green block to upgrade something you already have. An empty one to build something you don't. Workshops fix broken weapons, have your character with broken stuff stay at home and play another character for a bit and they'll fix their stuff

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:57 am 

I'll definitly get this when I get home tonight!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:31 am 

I downloaded the trial for this game to try it out and from what ive seen of it I am very very impressed. Any news of this game going multiplayer yet?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:13 am 

Night Fox wrote:
I downloaded the trial for this game to try it out and from what ive seen of it I am very very impressed. Any news of this game going multiplayer yet?

Depending on the popularity/success of this game, it will be going MMO. This was the test platform (originally coded Class3) the MMO verson is currently coded Class4. Be basically the same gave with Online multi-player (with some extra stuff added.)

head over to there website and go to the forums. they talk about Class4 there some.