It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 620 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Battlefield 4
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:07 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Game designers need to quit putting out 10 games I want in the fall and leaving the other 10 months to total bullshit.

Here's what I watched last night before bed. Now I'm updating 3 on my pc. I really like bf (pc anyway, never played console) more than COD for depth of gameplay. I like cod for jumping on and getting wooped by 12 year olds. BF is like, the shit. I've played since bf2 and all the extra content for those, and 2114 or whatever the hell that was. I literally smoked my pc on bf2. Graphic card burned. Burned!

Watch these vids. The short ones will make you want to watch the 17 min one. Me likey. These are also in game footage... if you have a decent pc, play on pc. The maps are bigger, and more people to kill your noob ass. Also they brought back the commander role! Duh. There are more vids if you search.

Post subject: Re: Battlefield 4
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:36 am 

Can. Not. Wait.

This game and GTA5 are going to be taking up a lot of free time.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:46 am 

I have always looked at the Battlefield games as chess versus Call of Duty being checkers. This is my biggest reason for saving for a PS4. Bringing back the commander mode makes me very happy.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:28 pm 

was confirmed that counsels are getting 32v32
FINALLY!!!
this game looks great the only negative thing is that the guns are looking a little futuristicy.. i like that all classes can use dmr now and more classes get explosives

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:29 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

:lol: uh I thought the guns looked pretty much present tense... I'm sure I missed some though. I saw mp7s and a guy using a fixed scope with offset irons (neat!). I dunno, I usually opt for an m4 variant with an eotech and a suppressor in most games :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:50 pm 

TheLastOne wrote:
:lol: uh I thought the guns looked pretty much present tense... I'm sure I missed some though. I saw mp7s and a guy using a fixed scope with offset irons (neat!). I dunno, I usually opt for an m4 variant with an eotech and a suppressor in most games :lol:

Yeah I first used that in MOHWarfighter, which had a couple of trophies to earn for using the offset sites. BF4 is going to have a spectator mode that looks pretty cool.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/preorder/

Needless to say all my sig is BF3 with a little MOHW thrown it. Love it.

Image ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:19 am 

I'm sooooo onboard for this game.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:09 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:44 pm 

Battlefield 4 - Every Class, Every Weapon, Every Unlock
http://www.gamespot.com/battlefield-4/v ... k-6413393/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:36 am 

Absolutely love BF. Got the limited edition ordered.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:05 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Welp, it's awesome and I suck!

Srsly, what the hell AK, I can't hit shit...

In other news, snipers are back in a big way. My meh with bf3 was the serious lack of opportunity for snipers. Snipers are legit again in the new one.

I need a new graphics card

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:46 pm 

ImageImage yeah i'm a console player.

Awsome! I played for over 3 hours straight in Multi/Conquest and never played the same map twice, there are so many. And I'm not 100% sure but I think they've got an effect for your vision adjusting to varying light levels in this. For example, if you run from the bright outside to a dark inside room, your vision goes dim and then comes back over time as they adjust for low light. Can't wait to run into a handflare or flashbang.

But... they remapped all the console controls to make it better!?! I've gotta say 'I hate when they do that'. It's like... I learned to ride a bike by steering with the handle bars and pedaling with the foot pedals, and have years of doing it that way under my belt. Now they want me to pedal with the handle bars and steer with your feet. Hard to unlearn that stuff you don't think about anymore, the stuff that is just reflexes now. They even swapped the multi-player ingame scoreboard and menu buttons, so instinctively when I want to check the score, of course, I now am hitting the menu button. There was no reason to change that at all. Good thing they put in the Test Range. This remapping of controls will make it hard to go back and forth between BF3 and BF4. If I was done with BF3 or never played it before I wouldn't care.

Multi-player definetly feels more like MoHW than BF3. And I only stuck with MoHW for a few levels before going back to BF3 unfortunately. [original MoH was one of my favorites]

Anyhow, the official battlelog.battlefield.com website that tracks your stats is better than BF3's; by adding your location, division ranking, and ranking by catagory and location etc. Good. But some of the weapons/vehicles don't have a detailed description and history like in the BF3 site. Bad.

I gotta mess around with this a little more 'cause it seems that you can't change your loadout or add accessories while you are in a multi-player game. you have to exit or do it from the battlelog website.

I feel like a nuub again, even though I'm a BFBC2, BF3, BFP4F, MoH, MoHW Veteran. :?

TheLastOne wrote:
In other news, snipers are back in a big way. My meh with bf3 was the serious lack of opportunity for snipers. Snipers are legit again in the new one.

In BF3 - Firestorm and Kharg were pretty sniper friendly, but on the other maps if your going be a sniper you should use a PDW, Shotgun, or a sniper rifle with iron sites or an ACOG to rank up. [Firestorm/Conquest] I once got sniped/headshot when climbing up a ladder on 'B' from a guy on the mountain top by the RU deployment - that's gotta be over 800m. My longest HS is 417m. Most sniper rifles max out at around 1000m due to the game parameters, bullets disappear after 2 seconds of flight time. http://symthic.com/ [so no coriolis effect Bob Lee.]

In BF4 you can dope your scope for the distance out to 1000m. So you can use the cross hairs instead of the drop compensators or mil dots. Kewl!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:11 pm 

COUNTER to KNIFE STRIKE

OK, I'm by a container and start taking fire so I duck behind it and turn around preparing for the guy that was shooting at me to follow me behind the container. For good measure I throw a grenade back where I was standing getting shot, SOP. Any how, the grenade didn't go off soon enough, because the guy comes running around the corner before it goes off and he's in my face before I can get a shot off.... I see his knife come out and at the same time the Knife attack video starts to run, I catch a glimps of the word 'counter' out of the corner of my eye, in the middle right screen [very small font size], so instantly hit R1, R2, R3 at the same time. [probably some other buttons too]

Well as the guy's knife comes down, my forearm goes up and blocks and redirects the strike. It ends up that I knife him with his own knife and take his tags. Wow. [Reminded me of the dog counter in MoH.]

So I'm looking up 'counter knife strike' on the interweb today and of course can't find any definitive info from reliable sources, but the concsensus seems to be that a frontal knife attack can be countered. Still working on figuring which exact button I pushed to do it [PS3]. For PC players I'm pretty sure its the 'F' button though. From looking it appears Counter Knife Strike has been around since BF3 but I've never seen the hint, used it or had it used against me in that game version.

Also did my first BF4 C4/quad bike tank kill - BF4. They changed the enter/exit vehicle from instantaneous button push to 'hold' for a second to enter/exit making these types of kills a little more challenging as you have to allow for the extra 1 second. I read the reasoning was to eliminate accidentally entering or exiting vehicles, meh, that change sucks, because when you need to bail out of a dying vehicle you don't want to wait that extra second.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:45 pm 

last weekend my friend had so much fun taking away my breath with showing me the astonishing new feature, like crashing a frigging boat into island or blow up a dam or flood a entire city while everyone were hiding in tunnel.

the graphic are really breath taking too, so realistic , so clear with so much detail

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:50 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Dislike:

nerfing defib. There is no longer incentive to revive. 20pts??? I've maybe been revived a half a dozen times and it scares the crap out of me when it happens because I'm not ready for it. Saving a life used to be equal to taking a life, and I think that was good. Especially now since they've separated weapon progression from kit progression for the most part.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:17 pm 

TheLastOne wrote:
Dislike:

nerfing defib. There is no longer incentive to revive. 20pts??? I've maybe been revived a half a dozen times and it scares the crap out of me when it happens because I'm not ready for it. Saving a life used to be equal to taking a life, and I think that was good. Especially now since they've separated weapon progression from kit progression for the most part.

Does it still give you a ticket back for your team? So if not for points, revive one for the team. :wink: Yeah I haven't even started the Assualt progression multi-player yet and defib is the first kit item you have to earn in the tree IIRC. And it seems like there are a lot more points out there in multi land cause i'm easily gettin' around 250 spm. It also looks like there is no HVG Launcher, only LVG, Flashbang, and Smoke to earn for assault class.

My Dislike:

derping control mapping changes. Why!??

THE CAMPAIGN: [no spoilers]
    Played thru the entire Campaign for the first time this weekend on Normal difficulty. [Approx .5 + 4.5 + 2 = 7 hrs over 3 days] There are 7 missions. Wow, when they suggest that an experienced FPS should use the Hard setting they weren't kidding. I didn't even die until the third mission on Normal setting. And only got stuck [died more than once on a section] a couple times. One time was where you had to commandeer a tank and then go up against three tanks. These new control mappings suck, after the first two tries I changed default to veteran setting and its still not the same. 5 tries to get thru that section, had to kill the last tank without being able to even see it, long range. On the PS3 there is some sort of glitch on the tanks [in this mission] too, seemed like it shot two rounds of AP full auto a couple of times. [one button push = 2 shots fired then reload interval.] Another weird thing, I never got lost, not even on the Carrier or the Dam. AND THE TACTICAL BINO's make each section rediculously easy, so use 'em.

There is an 'ENGAGE' function available that lets you order your squad to engage the enemy targets you designate. But in Campaign mode you are trying to get the most points you can. So, I pretty much DIDN't use the ENGAGE function 'cause I wanted to get all the kill points myself and not let my squad get any kills, selfish that way I guess but I'm not sure if I was awarded the points for my squad's kills or not. But I definitely did most of the work that way. And the stats display how many kills your squad gets etc. at the end of a section. Haven't figured this one out yet. I'm pretty sure though that you can't just bypass targets and let your squad take care of 'em and get the points you need to get your progression medals, I missed the gold medals for Tashgar [25 pts short], Singapore [2,250 short], and Shanghai [625 short] in the first run thru. [got 18 out of 21 points medals] You gotta make sure you kill everybody yourself I guess.

I have to say that there weren't really any levels that after I played 'em I said "can't wait to play that one again." Probably because it was sort of 'non challenging' as I wasn't getting stuck, [maybe if I started on Hard difficulty] but the fast attack boat section was fun, never played anything like that before... but, made it thru w/out dying. Another glitch I ran into on that same level was a jet was 'parked' in mid air off the Carrier. I blasted it but couldn't blow it up, and couldn't tell if it was friend or foe either.

I'm gonna run back thru the campaign on hard, just to get those trophies, and looks like there are 2-3 different ending senarios. [3 different medals based on a choice you make]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:00 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Assault is the one I wanted to progress first just to get rid of the fucking AK that I couldn't seem to kill anyone with. Have the ScarH now with a holo and am doing better. Recon is my other fav, but weapon progression is tough there too. Recon starting out w C4 is a game changer with all the freaking vehicles. Being able to have half a chance to run up and nuke them makes recon pretty viable.

And dammit I love the 226 for a sidearm.

BF3 I play support a lot, but haven't dabbled much with it. Engineer in 4 is better than I thought with the submachine gun; great hip shooter.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:14 pm 

Recon had C4 in BC2. Glad they brought that back

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:38 pm 

TheLastOne wrote:
Assault is the one I wanted to progress first just to get rid of the fucking AK that I couldn't seem to kill anyone with. Have the ScarH now with a holo and am doing better. Recon is my other fav, but weapon progression is tough there too. Recon starting out w C4 is a game changer with all the freaking vehicles. Being able to have half a chance to run up and nuke them makes recon pretty viable.

And dammit I love the 226 for a sidearm.

BF3 I play support a lot, but haven't dabbled much with it. Engineer in 4 is better than I thought with the submachine gun; great hip shooter.

I feel the pain, I recently switched to the G18 full auto sidearm for recon class BF3 and was so used to pulling the pistol and aiming for the headshot that with this full auto pistol the first shot hits but every other shot goes over their head because of muzzle lift. I gotta remember to aim for the groin on the first shot full auto so each subsequent shot would be a hit. But I keep switching weapons to rank each weapon up. You get 2000 points for every 100 kills with each weapon, and a star [BF3] for that weapon. You also get either a trophy or a medal [can't remember] for getting 100 kills with each primary weapon for each class. But I'm ranking 'em all up. You'd get just as many rank points if you only used 1 gun and got 10,000 kills as if you used 100 guns and got 100 kills each with those. And of course some of the assignments are to get a certain number of kills with a certain weapon to unlock another weapon, and then rank that up. [BF3]

Also each weapon and its distance from target has a specific damage. Use this website to see what the damage over distance is http://symthic.com/ for BF4, BF3, CoDG, CoDBO2, and MW3 weapons chart data. Depending on your distance and weapon it can take 5 or more hits to get a kill. [very realistic?] Head shots give a headshot bonus of X2 but you most times need at least two headshots, go figure. Example: The MK11 sniper rifle's min damage is 37.5 @ 100 m and beyond. Multiply that by 2 and that's 75 damage for headshots at distances over 100 meters or 2 headshots to kill if they are over 75 health.

There was this one time on Firestorm BF3 I was under one of the tanker trucks on 'C' and a guy ran up to the front of the truck so all I could see was his foot. 5 shots in the foot @ 3m and I got the kill. Another time in Metro [outside by the lake] I was on the flank of a guy less than 25m and lined up a headshot, popped 2 in the grape, lowered my optics just in time to see him backing up, not dead, turn and kill me. WHAT!?!.

If you're into stats; register and log into these two sites:

BF3, MOHW, BF4
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/

BF2, BFBC2, BF2142, BF3, BF4, Crysis 2-3, Moh, MoHW, and NFS all can be accessed after registering and login here at P-Stats.com:
http://bf3stats.com/ You can also get those cool Signature Graphics here too.

On both these you can also see what the progressions are and where you rank against all other online players etc. lots of cool stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:00 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

I had a fit the other day from dumping 3 rounds in the torso of a guy 20 feet from me with the scar H and not getting a kill but he zipped me with his engineer gun and I dropped like a rock. I was quite sad.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:35 pm 

TheLastOne wrote:
I had a fit the other day from dumping 3 rounds in the torso of a guy 20 feet from me with the scar H and not getting a kill but he zipped me with his engineer gun and I dropped like a rock. I was quite sad.

Do you mean he killed you with his repair tool? :lol: Yes, EOD bots, MAVs, Defibrillators, and Repair Tools can be used as weapons, and they're very challenging to use that way. You have to be within melee range to do that though. If that type of thing happens to much in one game, thats when the yelling at the screen starts to escalate, have to watch that when I'm using a mic.

It could be the lag. There've been times like; I'll see that a guy is GOING to come around a corner on the mini map and time it so I start shooting right before they start around the corner and continue firing on target as they round the corner; so I've got the the advantage in every way, plus they should have been suppressed, but they still kill me.

Did you ever play KillZone? That's one where you have to do a mag dump into every target practically to get the kill. Each shot must only give like a 10 damage. You'd think that in the future the weapons would be more deadly.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:07 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Oh no I meant the beginning firearm for engineers, it's a pdw but I don't remember which

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:19 pm 

How does the Commander mode stack up in BF4? I was bummed they removed it from BF3 after having a lot of fun with it in BF2. Of course it takes a really good group of players to let the commander do his job.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:20 pm 

Iowa_guy wrote:
How does the Commander mode stack up in BF4? I was bummed they removed it from BF3 after having a lot of fun with it in BF2. Of course it takes a really good group of players to let the commander do his job.

I agree, if you don't get a whole mic'd team that will follow orders the commander won't be effective. In BF3 if you got a mic'd squad working together you'd end up with an ace squad ribbon pretty much everytime. 'cause everyone else is just running full speed in every direction doing their own thing, combat-ineffective. I've played under a commander only a couple times so far [that I know of] and it didn't work out to well.

TheLastOnne wrote:
Oh no I meant the beginning firearm for engineers, it's a pdw but I don't remember which

Oh, that'd be the Barretta MX4 Storm 9mm [CX4 is the civilian version]

Last edited by MacWa77ace on Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 620 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next