DayZ standalone game

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Zombieland

Re: DayZ standalone game

Post by 0122358 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:33 pm

Recollection of my first real battle.

Running through Elektro like a Noob. Spawned just east so I thought I'd hit up the Military base at Palovo and Dubky on my way circling back towards Gorka.

Hit up an apartment complex, Ive got a small hiking backpack. an SKS with 7 rounds, and a P1 with 1 round in the chamber. Clear the top, find a can of soda and rope. As I start to head back down stairs, gunshots, screams and mumbling from microphones. I stop, they run by, and I take aim, waiting to pounce. They pass me and backpedal, the second they see me one opens up with a mosin, the shot goes wide and smashes into the wall to my left, Three shots of my sks send them diving out of the doorway ad I start back up the stairs and behind the railing. Jumping into third person I Look down and see them taking up both sides of the door, they alternate firing and reloading, I pop off two shots just as a fuck you.

Two x39mm's and one 9mm...im screwed. I try to make a run for the upstairs bedroom, thinking I can close the door and get them with my Axe when they bust in, if not going down fighting. I make a sprint. I look down to see the mosin dude with a 1911 pumping a magazine up towards me while the other dude runs in with a sawed off shotty. I fire off my last two SKS rounds and the shotty dude is running up the stairs towards me. The fucker blows my legs off and I fall to the ground. I dump my rifle and try to pull out my 9mm in hopes of getting him in the face. My vision is fading, I hear my breath and moans, I head footsteps. I get my P1 out and begin to raise it. Shotty crests the corner, I fire, He fires. My 9mm catches him on the upper chest, he doesn't have to aim.

You are Dead

REspawned and now have spent the last two days IRL just going on during server restarts to collect loot in the barracks and logging off to do home work. Set up with full Mil kit, and an AK with 3 75rd drums.
SMoAF wrote:Your sin is one of geography, not one of unmanliness. Pimp's sin is that he's, well....himself.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

Dogan
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Dogan » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:43 am

Just hopped on for a few after months of not playing. Guns seem really plentiful, found 3 1911's, a shotgun, cowboy repeater and Trumpet within about 2 hours. Also lots of tires and tire repair kits, and hand warmers.

Can't wait for solo play and private servers, as the project head has indicated are coming.
goofygurl wrote:Dogan – In charge of all things fucked up
Are you ready to die, John Walker?| CLAPTRAP!
Your lucky number has been disconnected.|ASCII biohazard symbol: ☣
Winner of the May/June 2013 ZS Postal Match

Dogan
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Dogan » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:48 am

UPDATE! I HEARD A CAR! Also found a revolver and repeater, so now my cowboy loadout is complete. Also a tent? When did they add those?

Also, are there a LOT less zombies? I remember running into them in almost every town. Now I've played about 6 hours on 4 servers, and not seen a one.

We'reWolf

Post by We'reWolf » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:18 pm

Dogan wrote:UPDATE! I HEARD A CAR! Also found a revolver and repeater, so now my cowboy loadout is complete. Also a tent? When did they add those?

Also, are there a LOT less zombies? I remember running into them in almost every town. Now I've played about 6 hours on 4 servers, and not seen a one.
no zombeis, their are tents, barrels, and a truck
they have had trucks since .56 i believe maybe .57
The ringing in your ears is the sound of your own destruction.

Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Zombieland

Post by 0122358 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:24 am

I haven't played since oh April, March maybe? What have I missed and should watch out for?
SMoAF wrote:Your sin is one of geography, not one of unmanliness. Pimp's sin is that he's, well....himself.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

Dogan
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Dogan » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:37 pm

0122358 wrote:I haven't played since oh April, March maybe? What have I missed and should watch out for?
No Zeds ATM, or animals, except two on the entire map, they were having issues with the Zeds causing server wide issues. Not sure when they will be back.

Trucks are a thing now, chainsaws, new guns (also TONS of guns, very few mags and speedloaders), lockpicks, basic garrisoning with lockpicks, Balota barracks are no more, some polishing work has been done and a few bugs ironed out.

Also single player has been announced.

Hit me up on steam if you want to play, I'm in a military base somewhere south of NWAF, steam ID LH762x54r

We'reWolf

Post by We'reWolf » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:23 pm

zombies back in
The ringing in your ears is the sound of your own destruction.

ShaneofReading
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead
The Walking Dead (series)

Post by ShaneofReading » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:25 pm

Any thoughts on the 0.62 Release of DayZ?

I have not had much time to play it myself.
"life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans"
- John Lennon

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”