Far Cry 3 anyone....

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

docdredd

Far Cry 3 anyone....

Post by docdredd » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:13 pm

I have never even heard of this game until I stumbled into a video of it on youtube, the story looks pretty damn good. Its an Open world FPS with RPG ish elements.

http://far-cry.ubi.com/fc-portal/en-us/home/index.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SMoAF wrote:

It's always a mistake to confuse general affability with the inability to do harm.

Vicarious_Lee

I dunked a bitch's head in a bucket of ice water one time when she was OD-ing on Xanax. Worked great, but there was a LOT of paperwork afterward. :lol:

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Re: Far Cry 3 anyone....

Post by majorhavoc » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:24 pm

After that debacle called "Far Cry 2" you'll excuse me if I adopt a wait and see attitude for the third installment of this series. One that started with such a promising game and was followed up with sequel that offered astonishing eye candy but completely forgot about the concept of actual game play.

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:26 pm

Hmm that does not fill me with glad tidings, because the videos look amazing. But since I have never tried the series I have nothing to compare it to.
SMoAF wrote:

It's always a mistake to confuse general affability with the inability to do harm.

Vicarious_Lee

I dunked a bitch's head in a bucket of ice water one time when she was OD-ing on Xanax. Worked great, but there was a LOT of paperwork afterward. :lol:

Smü
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Videotape of my 13th birthday ...

Post by Smü » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:30 am

docdredd wrote:But since I have never tried the series I have nothing to compare it to.
In a nutshell:

#1 had stunning graphics, a good story and very good gameplay. The AI was terrifyingly good at getting you in queue for the next respawn. Limited saves depending on difficulty level added up to that. Add in the semi-open world thing and a kewl collection of weapons made this game a hit.

#2 had stunning graphics and a mediocre story. The gameplay? It sucked. Badly. And that twice. Enemies' AI was not mentionable and whenever you cleared a spot, you could be sure that all the bad guys would have respawned and out to get you, given that #2 really was an open world experience. On the plus side, the weapons were cool and even wore down.

So, the chance of #3 to suck is 50/50, given the previous installments.
"Never use actual experience within an internet debate."
- Woods Walker

If you find typos, you may keep 'em.

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:16 pm

SPOILER WARNING!!!
Some updates with some great video http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation ... Wn83O63QPE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I put it on order today, The thing that sealed the deal was the Monkey suicide bombers. I couldnt help myself after that.
SMoAF wrote:

Vicarious_Lee

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by majorhavoc » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:27 pm

docdredd wrote:The thing that sealed the deal was the Monkey suicide bombers. I couldnt help myself after that.
Won't do a trailer if it contains spoilers, but monkey suicide bombers? Now we're talking. Consider my interest piqued.

I stand by my earlier statement about this series' extremely uneven pedigree, but with an off-the-wall game concept like bombing toting primates (I hope to hell they're adorable), this title is back on my radar.

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:34 pm

majorhavoc wrote:
docdredd wrote:The thing that sealed the deal was the Monkey suicide bombers. I couldnt help myself after that.
Won't do a trailer if it contains spoilers, but monkey suicide bombers? Now we're talking. Consider my interest piqued.

I stand by my earlier statement about this series' extremely uneven pedigree, but with an off-the-wall game concept like bombing toting primates (I hope to hell they're adorable), this title is back on my radar.

Here you go no spoilers, its a dlc you get for pre ordering. http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... ailer.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SMoAF wrote:

Vicarious_Lee

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by majorhavoc » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:46 pm

docdredd wrote: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... ailer.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Can't.....stop.....laughing....... :clap: :lol:

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:48 pm

Oh yeah, when I saw the video of that I about cried. Im sure there some bloke at PETA doing freaking backflips in his own urine over that.
SMoAF wrote:

Vicarious_Lee

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:18 pm

Here is an even better video of the monkey suicide bombers. :lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 1j5B5abYA8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SMoAF wrote:

Vicarious_Lee

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by majorhavoc » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:45 pm

docdredd wrote:Here is an even better video of the monkey suicide bombers. :lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 1j5B5abYA8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yeah, but that second trailer didn't make me pee in my pants from laughing so hard like the first one did.

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:47 am

Things to do after watching you tube videos.

1. Put c4 on a hang glider and crash it into a camp full of tangos.
2. Set a tiger loose on some tangos eating their lunch.
3. Kill a shark with a grenade launcher.
4. jump off a hang glider into a swamp full of alligators and stab one in the head on the way down.
5. pull the pin on some dudes grenade on his belt, then kick him off a cliff.
SMoAF wrote:

Vicarious_Lee

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:57 pm

Downloading from Steam now...... only 11 hours to go.... :cry:
SMoAF wrote:

Vicarious_Lee

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by majorhavoc » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:59 pm

docdredd wrote:Downloading from Steam now...... only 11 hours to go.... :cry:

System requirements?

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:05 pm

http://www.shacknews.com/article/75919/ ... -confirmed#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SMoAF wrote:

Vicarious_Lee

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:11 pm

Im running an I -5 overclocked to 3.5 ghz with 8 gig of ram and an NVIDIA GE FORCE gtx 560 Ti
SMoAF wrote:

Vicarious_Lee

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by majorhavoc » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:25 pm

OK, so I have a new desktop in my future, or a PS3 if I want to go with The Last of Us. http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... 35&t=95288

I can't afford both. Why oh why is The Last of Us a PS3 exclusive?

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:30 pm

majorhavoc wrote:

OK, so I have a new desktop in my future, or a PS3 if I want to go with The Last of Us. http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... 35&t=95288

I can't afford both. Why oh why is The Last of Us a PS3 exclusive?

Dont even get me started, Im so pissed at naughty dog for that.
SMoAF wrote:

Vicarious_Lee

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by majorhavoc » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:39 pm

The sad thing is the new desktop makes much more sense. I suppose that if The Last of Us turns out to be really good, they'll port it to PC, right? Right?

Well, they never ported Uncharted, so ... maybe not. Sigh.

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:41 pm

majorhavoc wrote:The sad thing is the new desktop makes much more sense. I suppose that if The Last of Us turns out to be really good, they'll port it to PC, right? Right?

Well, they never ported Uncharted, so ... maybe not. Sigh.
From what I read Sony has the rights wrapped up tight :gonk:

Makes me want to find and PS3 emulator.....
SMoAF wrote:

Vicarious_Lee

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:54 pm

Looks like 11 hours was an overstatment its at 16 % done now. But I have to get some sleep, got work in the AM.
SMoAF wrote:

Vicarious_Lee

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:16 am

Well 5 hours in I have been..

Chased off a cliff by a tiger, Ran over by a jeep, set on fire with a Molotov, bitten by a shark, Blown up three jeeps full of tangos with one land mine placed on a bridge and hunted water buffalo with a Bow and arrow....
SMoAF wrote:

Vicarious_Lee

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by majorhavoc » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:13 am

docdredd wrote:Well 5 hours in I have been..

Chased off a cliff by a tiger, Ran over by a jeep, set on fire with a Molotov, bitten by a shark, Blown up three jeeps full of tangos with one land mine placed on a bridge and hunted water buffalo with a Bow and arrow....
Yes, yes, but are you having a good time during all this?. Does FC3 have that certain intangible to gameplay that we all experienced with the original?

Like the first time you cleared a rise in the jungle and saw that derelict Japanese aircraft carrier off in the distance, beached in a cove. And how, after pulling out the tracking binocs, the whole place lit up with tangos. And then the delicious realization that you were going to have to somehow figure out a way to get onboard that vast, rusting hulk. :twisted:

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:58 pm

yes, ill post a better response later.
SMoAF wrote:

Vicarious_Lee

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”