What are you playing?

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

JF89
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido , Dead Set (tv show) ,28 days/weeks later.

Re: What are you playing?

Post by JF89 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:55 pm

Im playing CoD: Warzone and Red Dead Redemption 2

Wolfe4086
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Dead Series
Zombii Series
Cemetary Man
Zombieland

Post by Wolfe4086 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:32 am

Got back into playing 7 Days to Die on the PC. Sadly the console version got screwed over by Tell Tale Games going under but hopefully TFP once 7D2D goes gold are able to invest money into the console version and get it up to where the PC currently is.
"The price of failure is to be paid for in blood" Sensei Yamashita - Tanaka Corporation School of Assassins

MacWa77ace
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Post by MacWa77ace » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:56 am

CoD [4] Modern Warfare Campaign Remastered and CoD Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered were recently released by Activision. I got them as free digital downloads from my PSPlus account. I also got CoD WWII [remastered?], but only started it then set it aside. I'll get back to it.

So I Played thru CoD4 for the first time in years on my PS4 on Veteran Difficulty. I just have the last mission, the in flight hostage rescue mission to complete. Its near impossible as you have to run the entire Jumbo Jet in 1:30 on veteran. I did it on my PS3 before though, can't remember how I did it. Stoping to kill bad guys doesn't seem to work, may have to try to just run and throw flashbangs. And I'm just Starting the 3rd Act of MW2 on Veteran Difficulty.

Playing on the Veteran settings for these games gives you two trophies at once. One for completing the each mission and another for completing combo missions on 'veteran' setting. that way i don't have to play thru twice. I don't need the practice on the lower settings. PRO TIP: in the CoD franchise when you see a chickens or monkeys in a bunch of cages somewhere, kill them all, there's usually a trophy for that. I ran into a market that had a bunch of chickens in cages and when i saw them I was like, hmmmm, so after clearing it of bad guys, I when back and low and behold, got the Colonel Sanderson trophy which is 'kill 7 chickens in under 10 seconds'. Also when driving cars run over as many enemy as possible, could be a trophy in that.

ImageImage
Lifetime gamer watch at:
MacWa77ace YouTube Channel

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:16 pm

I started playing "Far Cry New Dawn" yesterday and it's pretty fun.

I'm still at the very start of the story, but I've upgraded my character and did a little upgrading of the first settlement in the game.

My biggest struggle so far was when I was fighting a monster bison (New Dawn added monstrous animals that can only be taken down via hits to glowing areas on their bodies) and that sucker drained all my ammo before finally going down.

I should be ok once I get enough perk points to upgrade my ammo capacity for my character, though. I already upgraded to four weapon slots, which allows me to carry four different guns, as well as a few other perks. Like the repair torch and total number of med kits I can carry.

Overall, it's a fun game and I enjoy it.

boskone

Post by boskone » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:43 pm

I've been playing Stardew Valley.

I'm not sure why farming is fun, to be honest, but it is.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:27 pm

boskone wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:43 pm
I've been playing Stardew Valley.

I'm not sure why farming is fun, to be honest, but it is.
I haven't played that one yet (probably because it's only on PC as far as I know), but from what I've seen of it, it really reminds me of Harvest Moon from the N64 days.

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:45 am

Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden

(Damn you, Steam winter sale!)
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

Current Weather in My AO

quazi

Post by quazi » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:48 am

I downloaded and tried to play Skyrim again. It just didn't grab me.

It might be the super long intro/tutorial part taking the wind out of my sails. That was a problem with their Fallout games. First time through it is great, but by the third time it is torture.

I might try again in another couple weeks.

boskone

Post by boskone » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:13 pm

I've been playing a mix of Kerbel Explosion Simulator and Star Wars: The Old Republic. Not much of either, though, really.
quazi wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:48 am

It might be the super long intro/tutorial part taking the wind out of my sails. That was a problem with their Fallout games. First time through it is great, but by the third time it is torture.

Are you on PC? If so, there seems to be a tutorial for that.

I think there's also some mods to skip it.

MacWa77ace
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by MacWa77ace » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:37 pm

quazi wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:48 am

I got Elderscrolls: Summerset PS4 for Christmas from a non-gamer. But not being familiar with the franchise and having never played it, I wasn't sure it was a full game or just a DLC add on requiring the full game. Seemed like it was the base game and a code for the add on. But before I could figure out what I got, and before I opened the packaging, it got returned. probably because I started playing COD: WARZONE at the same time and it musta sent he wrong signals as to its appreciation as a gift. Women?!! :?

So COD: WARZONE
Lifetime gamer watch at:

MacWa77ace
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by MacWa77ace » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:06 pm

PLAYSTATION network account hacked? IDK.

So today I get an email from my CC Co. that they denied a purchase from the PS Store for $109 today. What?? :shock: I didn't buy anything today, I'm at work.
And I also get a standard 'thank you for your purchase' email from Playstation for $59.99.

The $109 was for Assassins' Creed Valhalla bundled with Legions or some other game. That purchase didn't go thru because the CC caught it as unusual and denied it and locked up my card.
The $59.99 wasn't me either but it did go thru today. It was for COD Black OPS Cold War. Apparently the amount didn't raise any flags at my CC. The only thing is that I did download a free demo of CoDBOCW on Sunday because there is a free week event. To bad they didn't buy the $109 first. Also, if a person was going to purchase two items they put them both in the cart and then checkout and it would be one charge for the card. not two separate cart purchases the same day.

Here's what's really weird. My friend at work had the same thing happen to him today too. We are friends on PS Network and multi-play games. He also had two separate game purchases of two games, that he already owns, one of which was Assassins' Creed Valhalla, just not a bundle. Both of those purchases went thru on his CC.

I changed my password and deleted my CC info off my PS account. He changed his email, password and deleted CC info as well.

I've gotten logon attempt notifications before, saying my account was locked for security reasons, reset your password. But they didn't get in, I think.

Anyone else with a PS account have anything like this happen today?
Lifetime gamer watch at:

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:17 pm

Stuff like that is one big reason why I refuse to buy a Playstation.

It's also why I don't want an Xbox Live account. I've got an Xbox account, but only for offline gaming.

And the last time I had a Playstation was back when the PS2 was still Sony's big moneymaker. So this was way before they decided to bring out the Playstation Network stuff.

boskone

Post by boskone » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:44 pm

MacWa77ace wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:06 pm
PLAYSTATION network account hacked? IDK.

So today I get an email from my CC Co. that they denied a purchase from the PS Store for $109 today. What?? :shock: I didn't buy anything today, I'm at work.
And I also get a standard 'thank you for your purchase' email from Playstation for $59.99.

The $109 was for Assassins' Creed Valhalla bundled with Legions or some other game. That purchase didn't go thru because the CC caught it as unusual and denied it and locked up my card.
The $59.99 wasn't me either but it did go thru today. It was for COD Black OPS Cold War. Apparently the amount didn't raise any flags at my CC. The only thing is that I did download a free demo of CoDBOCW on Sunday because there is a free week event. To bad they didn't buy the $109 first. Also, if a person was going to purchase two items they put them both in the cart and then checkout and it would be one charge for the card. not two separate cart purchases the same day.

Here's what's really weird. My friend at work had the same thing happen to him today too. We are friends on PS Network and multi-play games. He also had two separate game purchases of two games, that he already owns, one of which was Assassins' Creed Valhalla, just not a bundle. Both of those purchases went thru on his CC.

I changed my password and deleted my CC info off my PS account. He changed his email, password and deleted CC info as well.

I've gotten logon attempt notifications before, saying my account was locked for security reasons, reset your password. But they didn't get in, I think.

Anyone else with a PS account have anything like this happen today?
Does the PS store not have an option for 2fa or at least repeat auth on purchases? That's pretty lame.

MacWa77ace
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by MacWa77ace » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:57 am

boskone wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:44 pm

Does the PS store not have an option for 2fa or at least repeat auth on purchases? That's pretty lame.
They have a 2FA option.
You can access the PS Store from at least 3 points. The website, the app, and the console. There's no way they got in thru my console. And they would have had to have my password in the first place so 'repeat' wouldn't work for the website or app. They can't see the CC info from the account info page, only the last 4 digits and I don't remember if you have to enter the CCV or CCI at checkout. I don't think so if I'd have to guess. At worst, they can see the CC info and its just a test for future fraud, but I cancelled the card.

So IMO it must have been a Sony hack. But I can't find any news and they are really secretive of that stuff. It can't get out if it happened, bad press. I say that because it happened to a friend of mine at work the same day, same way. They got him for two games. Me only one, my CC declined the second as 'unusual activity' because it was higher than my normal purchase history for that vendor, and so the CC sent me an email to approve the transaction. So I probably caught it right away. I was like, 'what? Assassins' Creed? I'd never!'.

2FA is a real pain for me because I have to use my tablet or laptop, and they're old and slow, so I don't use it. Every once in a while I'd get notifications that my PS account was locked due to multiple failed login attempts and I have to change my password. That happens to my google account to sometimes. But nothing would happen. Pretty secure. Feels like my Amazon account really. There are other ways to not have this happen on PS also, one being don't store your payment info in the PS Store area. But they have auto renew for subscriptions and its just easier to save it in there. Like every other online site you buy stuff from. So you don't have to retype it every time. My console is setup to login on user select, I could set it up to require password but someone would have to steel it for that to be an issue and you can remote logout your device if that happens.

But I hate 2FA,HBOGo and now HBOMax logs you out every 90 days and requires a 2FA to get back in, that's 20 minutes of my life I lose every 90 days. Find my tablet, wait for it up update all the feeds, oh, battery is dead. find my laptop. 15 minute startup on that, etc etc. Mac no have cell phone. :clap:

I was surprised at how easy it was to get the refund from Sony for this, it made me think that it happened to a lot of people that day but I can't find anything. BUT, apparently when they refunded my card they revoked the license for Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War. Which is somehow a part of the free to play 'WARZONE' BR game. When they did that it broke my WARZONE. Which I've had downloaded for 3-4 months now. Well after the refund I get a warning message pop up that 'The [WARZONE??] Application will be suspended in 15 minutes, Cannot verify License' . But here's the worst part, it won't team me up with any randoms. You can play Quads, with 4 team members, Trios, with 3, and Duo's with one other teammate that the game will randomly team you up with. So if I go into Quads, I go in as a Solo, that's 1 v 4 for most encounters. I can still play, either by myself, or if I join a friends party/game it works fine.

I think I'm going to have to uninstall and reinstall WARZONE.
Lifetime gamer watch at:

MacWa77ace
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by MacWa77ace » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:25 pm

MacWa77ace wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:57 am

I was surprised at how easy it was to get the refund from Sony for this, it made me think that it happened to a lot of people that day but I can't find anything. BUT, apparently when they refunded my card they revoked the license for Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War. Which is somehow a part of the free to play 'WARZONE' BR game. When they did that it broke my WARZONE. Which I've had downloaded for 3-4 months now. Well after the refund I get a warning message pop up that 'The [WARZONE??] Application will be suspended in 15 minutes, Cannot verify License' . But here's the worst part, it won't team me up with any randoms. You can play Quads, with 4 team members, Trios, with 3, and Duo's with one other teammate that the game will randomly team you up with. So if I go into Quads, I go in as a Solo, that's 1 v 4 for most encounters. I can still play, either by myself, or if I join a friends party/game it works fine.

I think I'm going to have to uninstall and reinstall WARZONE.
So turns out I'm still a DFU. :oops:

I was watching some JGOD and JACKFRAGS videos yesterday about WARZONE and they mentioned some other pro players practicing by going in and playing as a 1 vs [quads, trios, or duo squads] . I'd heard that before too, but this time when I heard this I thought, 'I've never seen a setting for that. How do they do that?', still pondering on my squading up dilemma. So last night I was looking under the PLAY lobby tab and saw a button for FILL SQUAD/DON'T FILL SQUAD. What's that do? Well if you have it set to DON'T, it won't squad you up with anyone. So that issue is solved, I had somehow switched it over to DON'T.

Now just need to figure out the license warning.
Lifetime gamer watch at:

MacWa77ace
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by MacWa77ace » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:55 pm

UPDATE:

NOTE: PlayStation lets you activate a PRIMARY device, and only one at a time per device type. So if you have a PS4 and a PS4 Pro, you can only have one that is your primary. You can REMOTE download PS Store games only to your primary device [if its on or in sleep mode, and you can do a couple other perks for the primary.]

So I went on my PS4 this morning and was looking at my security and other stuff and noticed that my ONLY PS4 wasn't active as my PRIMARY PS4. So I clicked on activate and I got the message that I can't activate this PS4 because my OTHER PS4 is the primary. :shock:

Son of a B**ch. So I click on the deactivate all devices button, and it says 'you can only deactivate devices once every 6 months.'

Lifetime gamer watch at:

MacWa77ace
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by MacWa77ace » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:28 pm

Forgot to post this from a while ago, first and only WARZONE win so far.

Lifetime gamer watch at:

MacWa77ace
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by MacWa77ace » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:57 am

Finally, I'm playing Days Gone. 'Cause it's a free download on PS Plus this month. [PS subscription perk]

I haven't gone up against a horde yet, I'm really having trouble when I get dogpiled by 6-10 'Freakers' as it is. I'm hoping its just because I'm at the beginning and have crap for weapons right now.

Killed a big bear though, using a 200 I.Q. technique.

Lifetime gamer watch at:

Challenger007

Post by Challenger007 » Fri May 07, 2021 1:48 am

I decided to go through Doom again. Well this is a classic of the genre! Although the game is already somewhat outdated, it still remains interesting.

boskone

Post by boskone » Fri May 07, 2021 12:51 pm

Challenger007 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 1:48 am
I decided to go through Doom again. Well this is a classic of the genre! Although the game is already somewhat outdated, it still remains interesting.
Which Doom? Thanks to iD, there are two now. :|

MacWa77ace
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by MacWa77ace » Fri May 07, 2021 1:00 pm

I played the original MS-DOS version on a Maxim XT clone. circa 1993-4. K&M.
Lifetime gamer watch at:

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Sat May 08, 2021 3:12 pm

Recently picked up "Just Cause 4" on clearance at Walmart for 15 bucks. They had two copies left, so I picked up one for myself and the other for my oldest nephew.

Installed it on my Xbox One awhile ago and hopped right into it.

And promptly got reminded just how frustrating this damn game series can be. :gonk:

After a steep learning curve (and about a dozen or more swear words directed at both the games protagonist for being an idiot and whoever decided to change how the controls worked since Just Cause 3), I settled back into the game and have gotten pretty far in upgrading my character and advancing the story.

The AI in the game can be incredibly stupid at times, but it's also kind of funny watching enemies completely ignore you despite you shooting 100 of their comrades in the face just moments before. In that regard, they're kind of similar to the cops in the GTA series.

The one thing I hate about the game is the fact they changed the tanks and aircraft ammo. Now you've got a limited amount of ammo or missiles instead of having infinite ammo in the previous game. I suppose it's a little more realistic, but it's kind of annoying now.

Still, it's a fun game and it's neat seeing all the new stuff Square Enix has added since the last Just Cause game (which I still haven't completed because I usually spend more time blowing stuff up with a nuclear rocket launcher than anything else :lol: ).

boskone

Post by boskone » Sat May 08, 2021 3:33 pm

Just started The Outer Worlds, and so far its...decent. Story's OK, there's a lot of little things going on that flesh out the world, but the enemies quickly just turn into bullet sponges.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Sat May 08, 2021 5:06 pm

boskone wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 3:33 pm
Just started The Outer Worlds, and so far its...decent. Story's OK, there's a lot of little things going on that flesh out the world, but the enemies quickly just turn into bullet sponges.
I've been wanting to get that game, but I just haven't done so yet.

As for enemies being bullet sponges, the enemies in Just Cause 4 are like that as well. Especially the elite troops.

Although, a couple well placed shots from an automatic 12 gauge tend to knock them down really quick.

I'd like to see a shooter game where you kill a couple high rank enemies and the lower level ones just start running away screaming like the little grunts on Halo 2. I miss playing that game.

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”