What are you playing?

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (org)

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Sckitzo » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:26 pm

Holy shit this thread is still alive?

Rimworld, rimworld has stolen my soul

Dogan
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Dogan » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:57 am

Just got it last night: Arizona Sunshine.

Pacing is really weird but the mechanics are adequate and it's basically a large plinking simulator
goofygurl wrote:Dogan – In charge of all things fucked up
Are you ready to die, John Walker?| CLAPTRAP!
Your lucky number has been disconnected.|ASCII biohazard symbol: ☣
Winner of the May/June 2013 ZS Postal Match

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:23 pm

Now that I’m working from home and have very little work I’ve been plying my switch. Got Animal Crossing yesterday. It’s surprixingly entertaining.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

MacWa77ace
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Post by MacWa77ace » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:35 am

Did an endurance test on a new 10' USB charging cable for my PS4 controller. 10 hrs straight of The Division 2 on Saturday. Sort of relevant now, even though its a year old or so, since its about a viral outbreak and the collapse and restoration of society.

Also downloaded the free to play Call of Duty WARZONE Friday night but didn't play it yet. 102 gb file for PS4 if you don't already own CoD Modern Warfare. It's a Battle Royal FPS, I'm not really into that but the videos coming out of the gameplay make me want to try it.

Lifetime gamer watch at:
MacWa77ace YouTube Channel

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:02 pm

From NPR: 'Half-Life: Alyx' And The Promise of Virtual Reality -MUST GET RIG WORTHY OF PLAYING THIS GAME BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY!!!

boskone

Post by boskone » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:33 pm

Cities: Skylines.

The city-building part is mostly easy. Traffic is hard.

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:54 am

Went back to Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint.

And then went on my first 4 man RAID mission. Killed a Titan Drone after about 15 tries in Co-Op gameplay. That dropped reward gear for me in the range of 256 level. I was about a 148 gearscore before that. After equipping it I went to a 206 gear level.
Then the game glitched and kept saying we had to kill the Titan Drone again and we couldn't move on to the second mission. Damn.

Image Titan Drone | Baal
Lifetime gamer watch at:

Dabster

Post by Dabster » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:42 pm

I was reminiscing over old games and a coworker told me that StarCraft, StarCraft: Broodwar and StarCraft II were all free to play.

I went to Blizzard.com, found the original was still outdated, Broodwar was better and StarCraftII was just right. I like how you can just merrily play for twenty minutes and then do something else with no long-term risks (Like Eve: Online). I don't like the new Start Menu. You can't control the type or numbers of AIs you play, like you used to. It also seems a bit unbalanced -Protoss are awesome for an early rush or endgame carrier stomp.

However the price is right & it is quite fun.
I am not a 'gray man'. I am a brown man, coyote brown. With FDE highlights, of course.

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:22 pm

Dabster wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:42 pm
I was reminiscing over old games and a coworker told me that StarCraft, StarCraft: Broodwar and StarCraft II were all free to play.

I went to Blizzard.com, found the original was still outdated, Broodwar was better and StarCraftII was just right. I like how you can just merrily play for twenty minutes and then do something else with no long-term risks (Like Eve: Online). I don't like the new Start Menu. You can't control the type or numbers of AIs you play, like you used to. It also seems a bit unbalanced -Protoss are awesome for an early rush or endgame carrier stomp.

I used to play the crap out of those when I was in my realtime strategy game phase. Loved them, and got pretty crafty with setting up squads and units and traps and setting multiple waypoints and patrols patterns. Map knowledge was key. IIRC it was like rock, paper, scissors, which each unit being good against a particular unit and bad at a particular unit. Mostly played against the AI though. That was back in 2005-2008ish IIRC. I still have those games and the laptop/system they worked on. But I bet my Battlenet connection won't work anymore for Multi-player. I'd probably still be playing strategy games, but a friend loaned me an Xbox with Left 4 Dead and that got me back into console FPS's.

So you can't choose who your opponent species would be anymore? By choosing in the setup, I would practice by going up against this with that, rush vs prolonged, over and over. The start of the game was also key to winning, and how you started was based on how many different armies you went up against. which you could also control. I think up to 1 vs 3. Oh, and knowing what sound effect meant what building was done with what. I don't remember limits on units though, but i think i remember controlling the number of resources which controlled the number of units possible in a rounds. or maybe it was map size or custom maps that controlled resources.

Anyhow, remember Warcraft [not the mmo] Warcraft II, Empires i and II, Civilization, Command and Conquer?

[/reminiscing]
Lifetime gamer watch at:

Dabster

Post by Dabster » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:52 pm

MacWa77ace wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:22 pm
Dabster wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:42 pm

Anyhow, remember Warcraft [not the mmo] Warcraft II, Empires i and II, Civilization, Command and Conquer?

[/reminiscing]
I do. Played them all but StarCraft then Homeworld were my faves.

They took some of the patrol and waypoint functions away and there are a couple of little differences but it's still fun.
I am not a 'gray man'. I am a brown man, coyote brown. With FDE highlights, of course.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:56 pm

MoO II Forever; Forever MoO II!

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:20 am

If you're a Battlefield franchise fan or player, or play Battlefield V, then you know that EA just announced the last installment of the live service updates for BF5 will be in June. At least a year or two before their next Battlefield game release.

If you know the history of the Battlefield V release and all the controversies, etc. Then this video is a Hilarious must watch.

Lifetime gamer watch at:

Dogan
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Dogan » Tue May 19, 2020 11:27 pm

My little brother gave me his ... hand-me-up? gaming PC, so Sniper Elite 3,faffing about in DayZ again, AOE3, Beat Saber on PSVR, which is by far my favorite way to do cardio.

boskone

Post by boskone » Wed May 20, 2020 12:32 am

I've actually been playing--perhaps somewhat appropriately--Fallout 76. You can even scavenge toilet paper.
Dogan wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:27 pm
Beat Saber on PSVR, which is by far my favorite way to do cardio.
Huh, might oughta drag out my HMD and give that a try for exercise.

Dogan
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Dogan » Wed May 20, 2020 12:39 am

boskone wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:32 am
I've actually been playing--perhaps somewhat appropriately--Fallout 76. You can even scavenge toilet paper.
Dogan wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:27 pm
Beat Saber on PSVR, which is by far my favorite way to do cardio.
Huh, might oughta drag out my HMD and give that a try for exercise.
Not gonna lie Beat Saber is the reason I'm gonna get a PC VR setup. Because with a PC VR, you have access to custom songs. Seriously, ELO's Mr Blue Sky is one of the most popular custom maps.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:17 pm

I recently picked up a copy of Fallout 4 Game of the Year Edition, which included all the DLC released for the game. 2 hours of installing updates later and now I'm back in the Commonwealth wasteland and it's been a long time since I was last there.

For almost a year, my character has been stuck in the Sanctuary Hills settlement, just waiting for me to pick up the game again. :lol:

boskone

Post by boskone » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:17 am

I've been playing mostly Cities: Skylines. Certainly sheds light on the difficulties with urban and traffic planning.

Currently I'm trying to make a city out of hexagonal islands. Somehow doubt it'll work great, but should be pretty.
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:17 pm
I recently picked up a copy of Fallout 4 Game of the Year Edition, which included all the DLC released for the game. 2 hours of installing updates later and now I'm back in the Commonwealth wasteland and it's been a long time since I was last there.

For almost a year, my character has been stuck in the Sanctuary Hills settlement, just waiting for me to pick up the game again. :lol:
I've been playing 76, actually, after picking it up for $20.

It'd be a decent game--now that Wastelanders is out--if not for all the higher-level players. The game adjusts mob levels by player level, so if there's a 150 running around, all the mobs get "upgraded".

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:34 am

boskone wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:17 am
I've been playing mostly Cities: Skylines. Certainly sheds light on the difficulties with urban and traffic planning.

Currently I'm trying to make a city out of hexagonal islands. Somehow doubt it'll work great, but should be pretty.
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:17 pm

I've been playing 76, actually, after picking it up for $20.

It'd be a decent game--now that Wastelanders is out--if not for all the higher-level players. The game adjusts mob levels by player level, so if there's a 150 running around, all the mobs get "upgraded".
I've been mostly playing Minecraft for the past few months and happened to find the GOTY edition of Fallout 4 on the clearance rack at the local Walmart, so I picked it up.

I needed to update my base Fallout 4 game anyway, so I figured I'd add the DLC since this might be my last chance to do so.

I had planned on picking it up before Christmas, but there was an issue with the pricing at that Walmart, so I didn't then. Which I'm actually kind of happy I didn't because I'd have ended up paying more then. The clearance price was like 20 bucks, which is pretty good considering the DLC itself was like 11 bucks a pop when they first dropped.

So I got all the DLC for about 20 bucks instead of the 50 or so it originally would've been.

I'm also not a fan of online only games. Mostly because I don't have an Xbox Live Gold account and I'm pretty much the only gamer in my house. My oldest nephew plays online, but we play vastly different games and his internet is horrible for online gaming.

boskone

Post by boskone » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:37 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:34 am
I'm also not a fan of online only games. Mostly because I don't have an Xbox Live Gold account and I'm pretty much the only gamer in my house. My oldest nephew plays online, but we play vastly different games and his internet is horrible for online gaming.
I'm with you there. In the early aughts I played a ton of CS, up through CS:Source. Then WoW, with occasional side-treks into BF:1942 and such.

But the last 10 years or so, I'm just not into multiplayer much. Occasionally co-op with a buddy, but even then usually something "lower stress" like Starbound or No Man's Sky.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:39 pm

The only sort of multiplayer game I've ever played and actually enjoy is Minecraft with my nephews. My oldest nephew started a YouTube channel recently and he's been wanting to do a video with me on the Minecraft world I have on my Xbox One.

He and his siblings were at my place this past week, but we didn't have the time to make the video. Mostly because he records from his cellphone and he's been having issues with it overheating for some reason. We were able to play a game together for awhile, though.

It was a fun playthrough and we had some laughs. Especially after I died in some lava in a ravine we were getting diamonds and other stuff out of. Thankfully my game is set to where I keep my inventory whenever I die, so I didn't lose any progress. I had literally just set my game to that way maybe ten minutes prior, so had I not done so, I'd have been screwed.

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:14 am

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:39 pm

He and his siblings were at my place this past week, but we didn't have the time to make the video. Mostly because he records from his cellphone and he's been having issues with it overheating for some reason. We were able to play a game together for awhile, though.

It was a fun playthrough and we had some laughs. ..
Are you saying he plays the game in multiplayer on his cell, and streams the recording simultaneously from his cell? Does he use the local WiFi or his cell connection?

Been playing Ghost Recon Breakpoint myself, trying to finish up my trophy hunt, two more trophies and I'll unlock the Platinum for that. But there's still a ton to do in the game, it's gigantic.
Also started CoD WWII campaign. And downloaded CoD WarZone but still have not played it yet. Is anyone playing that? It's cross platform.
Lifetime gamer watch at:

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:05 am

MacWa77ace wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:14 am
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:39 pm

It was a fun playthrough and we had some laughs. ..
Are you saying he plays the game in multiplayer on his cell, and streams the recording simultaneously from his cell? Does he use the local WiFi or his cell connection?

Been playing Ghost Recon Breakpoint myself, trying to finish up my trophy hunt, two more trophies and I'll unlock the Platinum for that. But there's still a ton to do in the game, it's gigantic.
Also started CoD WWII campaign. And downloaded CoD WarZone but still have not played it yet. Is anyone playing that? It's cross platform.
As far as I know, my nephew just records his video on his phone while he's playing whatever game and then uploads it to his YouTube channel later on. I'm not sure exactly how he does it.

He's done some livestreams a couple times, but for the most part he'll record videos ahead of time and upload them as his internet allows.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:08 pm

I just had my first irritating moment playing Fallout 4 and the DLC.

So, there's a quest called "A Trip to The Stars" and it involves some weird space obsessed folks in Nuka World. You're supposed to get five spacesuits for them and then lead them to a junkyard to find a UFO.

I attempted the quest five times and finally gave up after the space people kept walking away after I did all the requests. :gonk:

I ended up loading an earlier save and lost a bit of progress, which I'm ok with if it means I don't have to attempt that damned space quest again.

Brekar
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead - Night/Dawn/Day of the Dead - Zombieland - Dead Snow - etc...

Post by Brekar » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:30 am

Dying Light. I really like it. Lots of interesting ways to kill zombies, but I found that if you yell "PARKOUR" the whole time, you jump and climb better, your kids find it funny and your wife doesn't. :D :D :D

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”