What are you playing?

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

fatty21

Re: What are you playing?

Post by fatty21 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:23 pm

Yeah, never played the first 1 but some buddies at work talked me into the 2nd. From what people have said is that the environment and actions flow better, the baddies dont feel like lead sponges, and the a.i. is more intelligent /reactive. I think ive played as far as i plan on going. It was meant to be a filler until Days Gone arrives lol. Farcry new dawn didnt last long enough.

MacWa77ace
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Post by MacWa77ace » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:58 am

fatty21 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:23 pm
Yeah, never played the first 1 but some buddies at work talked me into the 2nd. From what people have said is that the environment and actions flow better, the baddies dont feel like lead sponges, and the a.i. is more intelligent /reactive. I think ive played as far as i plan on going. It was meant to be a filler until Days Gone arrives lol. Farcry new dawn didnt last long enough.
Is there a PVP component? The first one had the Dark Zone. And the Co-op was fun too.
I like your comment more intelligent A/I and lead sponges. So if the baddies aren't lead sponges, does that mean they lower the amount of ammo you carry? I remember laughing at how I'd be carrying 1200 rnds of 556 and 900 rnds of 308 and be running and climbing ropes and jumping down from the second story etc. basically while carrying 400lbs of ammo. But you needed it because it'd take more than 2 mag dumps to kill some baddies, and the bosses...

Dayz Gone is 100% solo IIRC. No co-op, multi

And got 8 trophies on CODMWR this weekend. Brought back memories, still had trouble with the TV station, but I'm starting on Hardened difficulty so when I complete the campaign I get two trophies instead of one; complete the campaign, and complete the campaign on Hardened difficulty.

fatty21

Post by fatty21 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:09 am

Im usually carrying around 900rnds for the lmg. They still have the dark zones. Enemies will either have a specific weakness or you' ll see things like grenades that are colored red or yellow that you can shoot to blow them up. Like an elite with an lmg, you aim for his ammo belt to force him to reload so u can light him up like a christmas tree.

The a.i. will flank you if your not paying attention. And when they spawn, its actually through doors and windows now instead of just magically appearing.

fatty21

Post by fatty21 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:10 am

Im usually carrying around 900rnds for the lmg. They still have the dark zones. Enemies will either have a specific weakness or you' ll see things like grenades that are colored red or yellow that you can shoot to blow them up. Like an elite with an lmg, you aim for his ammo belt to force him to reload so u can light him up like a christmas tree.

The a.i. will flank you if your not paying attention. And when they spawn, its actually through doors and windows now instead of just magically appearing.

MacWa77ace
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Post by MacWa77ace » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:44 am

World War Z releases tomorrow 4/16/19 all platforms. just saw some gameplay video and it looks like The Division, except the Zombies go down with just a couple shots, and there are a lot of them.
I think its a $40 game.

Days Gone release date is 4/26/19.

fatty21

Post by fatty21 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:49 pm

Im holding out for reviews on wwz. The videos make it look pretty decent but we'll see.

Dogan
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Dogan » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:38 pm

Thanks to a corrupted hard drive... replaying F04, no mods, going for "Peace among worlds" ending where Minutemen, BOS and Railroad are all okay with each other and you nuke the Institute, and also shooting for 100%. Looking out for a used copy of Metro: Exodus which I have tempered expectations for.

Beat RDR2 once before the HDD went down, and ground a lot of War Thunder, planes only.
goofygurl wrote:Dogan – In charge of all things fucked up
Are you ready to die, John Walker?| CLAPTRAP!
Your lucky number has been disconnected.|ASCII biohazard symbol: ☣
Winner of the May/June 2013 ZS Postal Match

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”