Brain Buckets

Other provisions not covered above that may make survival easier if your life is tossed out of the norm. This section is for discussing everything from arc welders to underwear.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

aa1pr
Favorite Zombie Movies: [size=14][b]I got [color=red]%65.3669724770642[/color][/b] on the
[url=http://zomboid.com/zombie]Ultimate Zombie Apocalypse Survival Quiz![/url][/size]

Re: Brain Buckets

Post by aa1pr » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:55 pm

At leas twith the old steel pots you could use them for bathing or cooking.

R_Kenshinx2
BANNED
Favorite Zombie Movies: what do you mean all Hollywood movies are made for zombies

Post by R_Kenshinx2 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:23 am

i got some old steel helmets for if i had to defend my house from a raid of god dam mongolians trying to break down my sheettty wall ( my home or close to it) but if i was bugging out.. would only carry it in a truck =P
Ron Paul: When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads.

Vickier

Post by Vickier » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:31 am

MrAcheson wrote:
Protec helmet.
+1.

I don't see the point of carrying body armor or a kevlar helmet. I can see owning one if you plan to bug in or evacuate by vehicle, but carrying them for any distance doesn't make much sense to me. That's weight you could be using for something else.

A hockey/skate/bike helmet does make a lot of sense. It doesn't weigh much and getting hit in the head with even mundane things like falling rocks or tree branches can put you in a world of hurt. If you're looking for one, I'd make sure what you're buying is built to a protective spec. To my knowledge skate helmets are not built to meet any specific regulatory or safety standard (although Snell has a generic one they might meet). Bike helmets generally do have protective specs.

In my opinion,I would suggest that one acquire all the equipment, inc. a kevlar that can stop III-A. Sure it's a little pricey but it's not a bad idea to have one. You can always stash the damn thing if it turns out to be useless. Utimately,I will say this...spend money for a good skate, e.g the world's best http://bestskatereviews.com/review-ccm- ... -skates/,a helmet and hockey stick. If you get an old pagst style helmet, get the aero-tek or whoever upgrade.Just ensure they're sized right, and get the best suspension for it that you can.

Return to “Other Gear”