AR15 Magazine Pouches

Other provisions not covered above that may make survival easier if your life is tossed out of the norm. This section is for discussing everything from arc welders to underwear.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

SeaTea1967
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil: Apocalypse
Shaun of the Dead
Planet Terror

AR15 Magazine Pouches

Post by SeaTea1967 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:05 pm

There are many ways to haul around some magazines with you. Mostly old military surplus stuff. Anyone have recommendations on a system that they like? I'm thinking of something that would hold 3 - 5 30 round mags to keep them relatively close at hand for a fast change.

My lead prospects are:

Choice 1
Choice 2
Choice 3
"The world's a tough and dangerous place and always has been. There's no reason to re-upholster the inside of your trousers and vote like a moron every time they say 'BOO'." - PSA

Big and Daft

Re: AR15 Magazine Pouches

Post by Big and Daft » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:15 pm

You could always ubercool and get a F.A.S.T. System?

Civilian Scout

Post by Civilian Scout » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:38 pm

If you're not going to be wearing something to attach the MOLLE pouches to (a vest, chest rig or padded belt) then the shoulder bag/pouch/bandoleer design (like "Choice 3") is a valid option. I like the Eagle Patrol Bandoleer because it holds rifle and pistol mags (or a flashlight, or a multi-tool) and has the provision to be connected to your belt so you can carry it more securely. It's not outrageously priced either, and Eagle's quality is unsurpassed.
"Now, let us gather our strength from the violence of the elements!" - Captain Terror

jeepinbandtrider

Post by jeepinbandtrider » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:42 pm

If you only want to carry that many AR mags the ol LBV (Load Bearing Vest) is hard to beat. Simple and you can attach a cartridge belt to it to hang more stuff off of yourself.

That bandoleer idea looks like a good deal.

The more modular option that would be more flexible as far as fitting it to you and how you like to draw mags and what not is to get a chest rig or vest with MOLLE/PALS webbing on it then buy mag pouches to attach to it where ever you feel like.

Kalash_NICH_ov
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead(remake), 28 Days & 28 Weeks later, Panic in Year Zero

Post by Kalash_NICH_ov » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:46 pm

If you only want to carry that many AR mags the ol LBV (Load Bearing Vest) is hard to beat.
+1.

I also sometimes use the old alice web gear. Simple and effective.
I been gone way too long

Arkane

Post by Arkane » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:50 pm

Stay away from the saw pouch. The velcro is notoriously flaky. The Molle rig looks decent.

Gatorfarmer

Post by Gatorfarmer » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:10 pm

I wouldn't buy Molle pouches from CTD. I'd suggesting getting them from Specter or someone reputable.

I carry six mags on a GI Molle vest in three dual cell pouches. Four more go on a Black Hawk leg drop pouch that I always leave attached to my belt. I do have a bandoleer like option three, though mine had additional attachment points on the front where I keep 3 dual cell pistol mag pouchs. It's useful, heavy, but a good way to quickly grab more ammo. I also keep a spare mag in a buttstock mag pouch (made by Specter) on my M4 clone. I've also used a Blackhawk cross draw vest with satisfactory results, it held six mags.

Google a company called Zahal and take a look at the current Israeli LBVs, some look pretty nice and hold a dozen mags.

Dave_M
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Dave_M » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:27 pm

Should be in "Other Gear"
Dave Merrill
Instructor for MilCopp Tactical LLC.

Rifle first. Rifle last. Rifle always.
Civilian Scout wrote:No one buys a Taurus because it's the best option available.

Dairdvl

Post by Dairdvl » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:32 pm

just got my vest set up. it is a black hawk omega with mag pouches i picked up from LA Police Gear. keep an eye out in diff forums or ebay and you can usually pick up a vest for half the price.

Napalm{WmD}
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them. The crapy ones are a lesser favorite.

Post by Napalm{WmD} » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:48 pm

I have choice 2. It's all right but, I would like to get two choice 3's. That way if I got a buddy that needs ammo I can just sling one over to him.
Been on hiatus since 2011, then in 2019 realized it’s been a while. Still in central Florida still ready for the zombies.

Florida meet/camp? Pm me I’m interested.

Doctor Jest
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Doctor Jest » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:14 am

Moved to Other Gear.
I survived ZombieCon 2007, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16!!!
Towanda wrote:When I become Empress of the Universe, ticks are the first (and so far only) species slated for complete genocide.

Cap'n Beeb

Post by Cap'n Beeb » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:34 pm

You really cannot go wrong with OSOE's stuff.

Holds six AR mags

zombievt

Post by zombievt » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:40 pm

Cap'n Beeb wrote:You really cannot go wrong with OSOE's stuff.

Holds six AR mags

I just ordered an OSOE Gear subload from them. The cool thing with Tactical Response Gear is that you can't order stuff that isn't in stock and any time I've ordered from them the stuff has been shipped the same day.

:D

ZScott

Post by ZScott » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:08 am

I have some of the bandoleer (choice 3) and they are cool, you can actually stuff up to 12 ar mags in them. They will also work with ak/galil mags too, though you can only fit 6 of them. They are what I use for my truck gun, I got an ak, with 6 mags at the ready. dont have to take time to fit a vest, just grab and go.
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome.
Just Trying to Pass on some Wisdom.
Anyone who thinks any sort of PAW will be glamorous, fun, or exciting... has dramatic reality issues.

mk_ultra

Post by mk_ultra » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:59 am

Of yor choices , I would pick # 3 . I would also look into getting a simple chest rig.
This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence - Vyvyan

Return to “Other Gear”