Tactical Wedding Ring

Other provisions not covered above that may make survival easier if your life is tossed out of the norm. This section is for discussing everything from arc welders to underwear.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Broken1

Re: Tactical Wedding Ring

Post by Broken1 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:38 am

It's all in how you sell it. My wife and I both wear titanium wedding rings. The sell line is "So it will last forever, like us..." :)
It was actually her that sold ME on it.

We have his and her's versions of this:
HIS
HERS

I don't think we got them there though... I think the guys I bought from have gone under, or changed ownership. We got to choose a ton of options like what finish, what grade of Ti, what type of finish inside, etc...
Broken1

“We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.”

Stoppard

derajer

Post by derajer » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:59 pm

Thanx for the vote of confidence QuickDraw.

Sorry for starting this thread in the wrong section Gunny.

I had been thinking about engraving important information on the inside as well, especiall difficult to remember numbers.
Check out the Zombie Squad Wiki especially the Bug-out Bag Article

Organdonor

Post by Organdonor » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:59 am

derajer wrote: I had been thinking about engraving important information on the inside as well, especiall difficult to remember numbers.
Like the date of your anniversary, and maybe her birthdate? :lol:

TheFreakinBear
Favorite Zombie Movies: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Trilogy, Boondock Saints, 300, Snatch, Ghostbusters, Ice Age.

Post by TheFreakinBear » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:02 am

camlost wrote:ZS Decoder Ring?
I'll take 100,000!
ImageImage

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD04, Special Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 ______ Later

Post by Jamie » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:03 pm

After reading through this thread, my wife said that she wanted to buy me one as an anniversary present, and after trying on some titanium and tungsten carbide rings, I decided that I liked the look and feel of the tungsten carbide better, so I'm typing this message wearing my new ring on my right hand ring finger (my wedding band is heavily alloyed yellow gold that shows almost 11 years of dings and scratches but, like our marriage, is still going strong)...

Thanks ZS!

Jamie
"I don't want to survive. I want to live. " - Captain B. McCrea

My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

Broken1

Post by Broken1 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:54 pm

nfa wrote:After reading through this thread, my wife said that she wanted to buy me one as an anniversary present, and after trying on some titanium and tungsten carbide rings, I decided that I liked the look and feel of the tungsten carbide better, so I'm typing this message wearing my new ring on my right hand ring finger (my wedding band is heavily alloyed yellow gold that shows almost 11 years of dings and scratches but, like our marriage, is still going strong)...

Thanks ZS!

Jamie

CONGRATUALATIONS! Not only do you have an awesome ring, but it sounds like you've got a great wife!
Broken1

“We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.”

Stoppard

jptp0831

Post by jptp0831 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:57 pm

I no longer wear a wedding band as it almost cost me my hand. My wife is cool with it as she likes that hand. I do like the Tungsten though and would consider it.
ZS Fleet ZS0017 & ZS0024
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

DryGrain

Post by DryGrain » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:30 am

NapTime wrote:
Organdonor wrote:In terms of tacticool.... a buddy of mine has a titanium ring that has a less-rounded edge that mine. He's able to use the edge of his to pop the caps off of beer bottles.
The first thing I thought of was this ring, but obviously you'd be crucified if you tried to use it as a wedding band.

I just ordered two of these, one for me and one for my girlfriend.

She thinks it's romantic :wink:
Gerry Agnosia wrote:Zombie Squad: A lot of us are losers. Shut up.
Valarius wrote:War is Peace. Ignorance is Strength. Cake is Pie.
SKS, .45LC, Cheesecake

Jeriah
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Original Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead 04, and 28 Days Later are my top three, in that order.

Post by Jeriah » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:46 am

Organdonor wrote:
derajer wrote: I had been thinking about engraving important information on the inside as well, especiall difficult to remember numbers.
Like the date of your anniversary, and maybe her birthdate? :lol:

That's actually really smart. Maybe her SSN, Driver's License Number, etc. Just don't let your wedding band fall into the wrong hands, or leave it in some whore's vagina, or let it get eaten by a turtle.

Alpha

Post by Alpha » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:04 pm

+1 on the tungsten carbide.

My only two considerations were titanium and the tungsten carbide.

I liked the titanium because I hate wearing jewelry and the titanium is super light...and hey...it is freaking titanium!

What sold me was that the titanium display ring which had only ever lived in a felt display case was scratched into having a matte surface.
The tungsten carbide ring can take anything. It has been beaten and scratched by just about everything. I even let people try to scratch it with whatever they can find :P

I was also told it doesn't bend, but instead shatters....so if you slam your hand in a car door or something, the ring will go. They listed this as a 'positive' as opposed to having it cut off or something. I don't plan on crushing my hand in a door, so I think I am good.

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD04, Special Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 ______ Later

Post by Jamie » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:56 am

I'm viewing the "shattering" possibility as a sort of "canary in a coal mine"...if something happens to my right hand that delivers enough force to shatter my "hard as diamond" tungsten carbide ring, than the rest of my hand will likely be jellified...until jellification though it is a cool ring (that will remain unscratched through ZPAW and beyond) with a nice heft to it (the titanium rings that I tried felt too light to me) and it seems to be a heat dump as well (it held my body heat for a while in my wife's hand the other day, and it was cold after swimming for a while yesterday)...

Jamie

My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

Towanda

Post by Towanda » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:24 pm

You could probably get a jeweler to make a titanium poison ring. Then you'd be able to carry something small but useful in it, like a single medication dose or a few feet of fishing line or Kevlar thread.
Holding a grudge is like swallowing poison and expecting someone else to die.

SMoAF wrote:You could have your very own Trunk SMoAF. That'd HAVE to have some practical value for you.

D-Train

Post by D-Train » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:12 pm

crypto wrote:If your reason for not wanting a normal wedding ring is that you think they look too frivolous, get a bead-blasted titanium one. They're only about $150 and completely indestructible.
What he said. And they're really light and not many people have them.
"I wish for zombies everyday just so I don't have to go to work."
Finch

T_Virus
Favorite Zombie Movies: Any Resident Evil

Post by T_Virus » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:04 am

p'raps you could end up using it as an anchor or loop for something though that seems relatively unnneeded.
Thom the Anti-Virus

mega-hertz
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the dead, 28 days(the one where Sandra bullock goes to rehab and has to kill her way back to the bar and gets naked a lot when she fights all those zombies)

Post by mega-hertz » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:03 pm

"Tactical Wedding Ring" :( dude i thought this thread was going to be about how to weave a wedding band out of para cord or use a ring as a carabienner for repelling. :(
congrats anyway
" I'm hiding in Honduras. I'm a desperate man. Send lawyers, guns and money. The $h!t has hit the fan." Warren Zevon......R.I.P.
fart lol!

congochris

Post by congochris » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:10 pm

Mine's titnium. Think I paid around $100 for it.

on he gold allergy thing, my wife is the same way, anything less than 14k makes her break out with a nasty rash. She can go as low as 10k on her earrings.

However, I'll second "Let her pick out and just write the check." hmmm, same way buying a gun for a woman works. imagine that. :lol:

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Jamie » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:40 pm

They did free engraving...I'll send an NFA coin or mini-knife to the first person who can guess what 3 pieces of information I had them engrave on the inside of my indestructible ring...

2 Hints:
no mushy stuff
3 things that I would want the people burying my tattered remains to know about me

Game on...

Jamie

Ad'lan
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead
Rabid (1977)

Post by Ad'lan » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:33 pm

Husband
Father
Teacher
My Guide to making your own Bowstring
My Guide to making your own Flint Arrowheads
My Guide to Fletching
My Guide to Primitive Fletching
Cymro wrote:Seriously, I'm not sure I'd fuck with Ad'lan if he had his bow with him. I just don't see that ending well.
Please Check out my PAW Story, Fagin

jnathan
Meat Popsicle
Meat Popsicle

Post by jnathan » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:41 pm

Ignore everyone who is telling you to let your wife (or fiancee) pick out your wedding ring. I designed my wife's engagement ring and my wedding ring. Both are completely different and completely unique.

Get what you want, you're the one who will be wearing it.
My name is Jeff, not Jonathan. Jonathan would fit...

ZSC:020 Chicagoland | How to search ZS | GHB

blazeben

Post by blazeben » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:09 am

nfa wrote:They did free engraving...I'll send an NFA coin or mini-knife to the first person who can guess what 3 pieces of information I had them engrave on the inside of my indestructible ring...

2 Hints:
no mushy stuff
3 things that I would want the people burying my tattered remains to know about me

Game on...

Jamie
Maybe..
Husband
Father
ZSer ?
FlatlinesUp wrote:I got worms from Apollo. :shock:
Jeriah wrote:.....up close this thing is TERRIFYING.
Working on a NEW! BOB
My FAK
My EDC
Teaching Bugging Out

Makarov
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead
The Walking Dead

Post by Makarov » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:00 pm

nfa wrote:They did free engraving...I'll send an NFA coin or mini-knife to the first person who can guess what 3 pieces of information I had them engrave on the inside of my indestructible ring...

2 Hints:
no mushy stuff

Game on...

Jamie
Statesman
Father
Masturbator

Did I win?

PS: congrats to you derajer :D
Thomas

Der skal Kugle til en Thrønder

RIP hk33k

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Jamie » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:23 pm

Jamie Sheffield - 1/5/69 - Pie

Shadowsbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead.

Post by Shadowsbane » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:35 pm

Well not sure how usefull it is, but my wife and I have puzzle rings for our wedding bands.

They do have some uses, but listing them would possibly be insulting to you and yours, as well as my wife.

Besides that they are just unique.
All dwarfs are by nature dutiful, serious, literate, obedient and thoughtful people whose only minor failing is a tendency, after one drink, to rush at enemies screaming "Arrrrrrgh!" and axing their legs off at the knee.
Terry Pratchett

http://www.lonelymountainleather.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (Temporarily closed)

I am col o r Blind

Moana Drifter

Post by Moana Drifter » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:44 am

If you want "tactical", I would think you would want some sort of breakaway ring. Or, at least you would if you had to look at the safety poster I used to have to see hanging up in the motor pool. Included a photo of a hand, a ring, and a finger, none of which were attached to each other. Ask anyone who's spent a decent amount of time in an industrial setting and they'll have at least one story of firsthand witnessing ring+machinery=pain.
Perhaps we'll meet again on some sin-infested street corner in Houston, Texas.

Return to “Other Gear”