Are cleaning wipes safe for dishes?

Other provisions not covered above that may make survival easier if your life is tossed out of the norm. This section is for discussing everything from arc welders to underwear.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: Are cleaning wipes safe for dishes?

Post by MPMalloy » Sun May 07, 2017 12:33 am

Towanda wrote:It's been a week. I have survived, and felt no ill effects. I'm going to say that Seventh Generation cleaning wipes are safe to use on dishes and eating utensils, as long as you're not allergic or sensitive to anything in them.
Where can you get them?

One an unrelated note: Is that you in your avatar? If so, Cool!

duodecima
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by duodecima » Sun May 07, 2017 9:34 am

Towanda wrote:It's been a week. I have survived, and felt no ill effects. I'm going to say that Seventh Generation cleaning wipes are safe to use on dishes and eating utensils, as long as you're not allergic or sensitive to anything in them.
Thank you for doing this, Towanda! I'll probably use it on our next camping trip!
"When someone shows you who they are believe them" M. Angelou

Towanda

Post by Towanda » Sun May 07, 2017 1:03 pm

MPMalloy wrote:
Where can you get them?

One an unrelated note: Is that you in your avatar? If so, Cool!
You can get them at almost any crunchy hippie store, but I also sometimes see them at places like Meijer and Target.

No, my avatar is the late Carrie Fisher as General Leia Organa in The Force Awakens.
Holding a grudge is like swallowing poison and expecting someone else to die.

SMoAF wrote:You could have your very own Trunk SMoAF. That'd HAVE to have some practical value for you.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Sun May 07, 2017 1:18 pm

Towanda wrote:
MPMalloy wrote:
Where can you get them? One an unrelated note: Is that you in your avatar? If so, Cool!
You can get them at almost any crunchy hippie store, but I also sometimes see them at places like Meijer and Target. No, my avatar is the late Carrie Fisher as General Leia Organa in The Force Awakens.
I didn't recognize her. I am a bad Jedi... :( I'll keep an eye out for the wipes. Thanks.

Anianna

Post by Anianna » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:16 pm

I generally dampen a half-sized durable paper towel (like Bounty Select-A-Size) and use a squirt of Dawn to scrub dishes then rinse. I'm curious if the wipes are similarly or more effective.
Feed science, not zombies!

Failure is the path of least persistence.

“People had more than they needed. We had no idea what was precious and what wasn't. We threw away things people kill each other for now.” ~Book of Eli

∩(=^_^=)

Return to “Other Gear”