Other uses for key keepers

Other provisions not covered above that may make survival easier if your life is tossed out of the norm. This section is for discussing everything from arc welders to underwear.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Allanah

Other uses for key keepers

Post by Allanah » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:31 pm

Many bags out there come with two or more nylon strips with a clip at the end for keys. Other than keys, I've run it through a roll of medical tape and clipped it back on itself so the tape doesn't roll away or get stuck at the bottom of the pocket. What items do you hook to them? Have you adapted them for any other purpose?

majorrath

Re: Other uses for key keepers

Post by majorrath » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:34 pm

I usually attach a small light to easier see in the bag. If it's a simple clip, I add a small carabiner or other type of gate clip for easier key ring attach/remove.

Brekar
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead - Night/Dawn/Day of the Dead - Zombieland - Dead Snow - etc...

Re: Other uses for key keepers

Post by Brekar » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:56 pm

I don't normally have any usage for the key keepers you mentioned. I do however use one of these larger carabiner " Large Carabiner " to attach my railroad lantern to the backpack I carry while traveling from one end of the rails to the other. It makes for a much quicker access to the lantern, keeps it out of the way, and doesn't take up any inside space that way.

Return to “Other Gear”