What items to buy in US for zombie survival purposes

Other provisions not covered above that may make survival easier if your life is tossed out of the norm. This section is for discussing everything from arc welders to underwear.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

boomas

What items to buy in US for zombie survival purposes

Post by boomas » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:08 am

Friend is coming from US and he can bring some items for me. What would buy in US if you were in my position - for zombie survival purposes of course. Right now, I have my eyes on Casio G-Shock 9000, Eagle Industries LE Chest Rig or LBT Low profile chest rig, some small backpack, leatherman tool. Anything else? I am looking for a things which are: cheaper in US vs EU, lightweight and can fit in a luggage.
Also looking for chest rig found this - "Items listed in our Ebay auctions may be subject to export regulations by the U.S. Department of Commerce Export Administration Regulations (EAR)". How can I check that chest rig falls or not falls under these regulations?

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Re: What items to buy in US for zombie survival purposes

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:03 pm

boomas wrote:Friend is coming from US and he can bring some items for me. What would buy in US if you were in my position - for zombie survival purposes of course. Right now, I have my eyes on Casio G-Shock 9000, Eagle Industries LE Chest Rig or LBT Low profile chest rig, some small backpack, leatherman tool. Anything else? I am looking for a things which are: cheaper in US vs EU, lightweight and can fit in a luggage.
Also looking for chest rig found this - "Items listed in our Ebay auctions may be subject to export regulations by the U.S. Department of Commerce Export Administration Regulations (EAR)". How can I check that chest rig falls or not falls under these regulations?
Some items like chest rigs, magazines and other gear can fall under the ITAR (I think that's the name of them) regulations. To see if whatever you want your friend to bring you falls under those regulations, you may want to check the manufacturer's websites.

All else fails, send their customer service reps an email and ask them that way.

Dabster

Post by Dabster » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:41 pm

Twinkies?
:clownshoes:

Shiney side out... Shiney side out...

Close_enough

Post by Close_enough » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:22 pm

boomas wrote:Friend is coming from US and he can bring some items for me. What would buy in US if you were in my position - for zombie survival purposes of course. Right now, I have my eyes on Casio G-Shock 9000, Eagle Industries LE Chest Rig or LBT Low profile chest rig, some small backpack, leatherman tool. Anything else? I am looking for a things which are: cheaper in US vs EU, lightweight and can fit in a luggage.
Stanford has a link to export controlled items. Also, if it is export controlled, Eagle Industries should be able to tell you which paragraphs make it export controlled. This "May be subject to" line is legal ass covering for "we haven't bothered to check if we should be sellng this publicly, so it's not our fault if you get into trouble".

https://doresearch.stanford.edu/researc ... ls/ecitems

boomas

Post by boomas » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:02 pm

Dabster wrote:Twinkies?
:clownshoes:

good one, but will try find and buy it

boomas

Post by boomas » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:09 pm

Close_enough wrote:
Stanford has a link to export controlled items. Also, if it is export controlled, Eagle Industries should be able to tell you which paragraphs make it export controlled. This "May be subject to" line is legal ass covering for "we haven't bothered to check if we should be sellng this publicly, so it's not our fault if you get into trouble".

https://doresearch.stanford.edu/researc ... ls/ecitems
Just to keep it simple, wrote to Eagle Industries and LBT customer support. Thanks for advice.

Return to “Other Gear”