Origami Measuring Spoons

Other provisions not covered above that may make survival easier if your life is tossed out of the norm. This section is for discussing everything from arc welders to underwear.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Anianna

Origami Measuring Spoons

Post by Anianna » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:19 pm

These seem like they might be good for packing in a go bag or taking camping (beyond their obvious ease of storage in the kitchen).

Feed science, not zombies!

Failure is the path of least persistence.

“People had more than they needed. We had no idea what was precious and what wasn't. We threw away things people kill each other for now.” ~Book of Eli

∩(=^_^=)

Exploriment

Re: Origami Measuring Spoons

Post by Exploriment » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:18 pm

Great concept and execution. Would I bother taking them camping or take up space and room in a go bag? Hell no! Have all your meals prepared ahead of time. Freeze dried, dehydrated, MREs, whatever. But faffing about in the bush making meals from scratch? Screw that.

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:14 pm

I like the idea, I'd probably carry one in an INCH bag, being so small and light. However I think the real score here is for home use. You could have 3 or 4 and take up less space than a ring full of measuring spoons. In addition you wouldn't have to worry about the spoons getting mixed up, and the drawer having to be readjusted all the time to make room. I also like that you get ALL of the product by laying it flat and scraping it.

Good find. I may be ordering some for presents.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

Anianna

Post by Anianna » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:43 pm

Halfapint wrote:I like the idea, I'd probably carry one in an INCH bag, being so small and light. However I think the real score here is for home use. You could have 3 or 4 and take up less space than a ring full of measuring spoons. In addition you wouldn't have to worry about the spoons getting mixed up, and the drawer having to be readjusted all the time to make room. I also like that you get ALL of the product by laying it flat and scraping it.

Good find. I may be ordering some for presents.
Yea, I bought them mostly for home use, but I still want to keep one or two in my bag. Never know when you might need a scooper or something and I don't expect it to take up much room. I'll see when they show up.

They sent out a survey to see what color I wanted and on the survey it asked what I thought about the idea of adding a magnet that would help it stay folded without the need to keep pinching and make it so you can store it right on the fridge. Not sure if that's for future production or if mine might come with the magnets.

“People had more than they needed. We had no idea what was precious and what wasn't. We threw away things people kill each other for now.” ~Book of Eli

∩(=^_^=)

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:24 pm

I do like the idea of improvising measuring devices, but in dire circumstances precise measurements go out the window. Turns out that if a recipe calls for a teaspoon of a certain ingredient, if you instead add a half a teaspoon - or one and a half teaspoons, the finished dish is usually still quite edible.

Granted, I'm out of practice but I used to be able to spoon a quantity of powdered anything in the palm of my hand and fairly accurately eyeball a teaspoon or a half a teaspoon or a tablespoon. Everyone owes it to themselves to spoon a teaspoon of sugar or salt into their hand and get a rough measure of what that quantity looks like. Professional chefs do it all the time. In an emergency; an amateur's rough estimate is usually 'good enough'.

Anianna

Post by Anianna » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:24 pm

I'm really terrible at eyeballing measurements and have ruined many a dish trying. :oops:

∩(=^_^=)

CG

Post by CG » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:24 am

The best use I can think of for this is if you need to dose somebody with a liquid while on the move.
Mater tua caligas gerit!

...I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention to what I was thinking.

LyraJean
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead (Sidney Poitier)
Shaun of the Dead
ZombieLand

Post by LyraJean » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:52 pm

Looks great. We use a lot of maple syrup and honey in my house.
My blog: Beyond Tourism: Florida's Yesteryear A blog about Florida History

Return to “Other Gear”