It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:54 pm 
Offline
* * * * *
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:25 pm
Posts: 1046
Location: Minnesota
Has thanked: 157 times
Been thanked: 9 times
Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

_________________
"Flawlessly". Every time I see this word in a thread, I brace myself for bullshit. Around half the time I end up feeling vindicated.


Last edited by ashwednesday on Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:34 pm 
Offline
* * *
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:20 am
Posts: 445
Location: Aggieland, TX
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 26 times
On another unrelated note, Tactical Tailor's 30% off Thanksgiving/Black Friday/CyberMonday sale goes through tomorrow (Wed.)

_________________
Fortunis Fortus Paratus


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:54 pm 
Offline
* * *
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:20 am
Posts: 445
Location: Aggieland, TX
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 26 times
I came across this while rummaging through breachbangclear.com for IFAK reviews. Curious what ya'll think of the idea.

G-Code Contact Series Traveler rig
http://www.tacticalholsters.com/product ... N_004.html

Basically, it's a mini/lightweight chest rig that holds 3x AR and 2x pistol mags, plus a utility pouch, and the whole thing packs up in a non-descript nylon bag.

My impression is that it might be a nifty and unobtrusive way to stow extra mags for your trunk rifle and carry (or vehicle) pistol, along with some first aid supplies. Also, if you pair it with a rifle that you can stick into your BOB pack covertly (such as a broken-down M4gery or an SU-16C), it's a not-screaming-obvious way to tote along said gear.

I'm not sure it's $245 interesting, though. If G-Code ever runs a discount code that would get the price-point around $200, I might be tempted.

_________________
Fortunis Fortus Paratus


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:01 pm 
Offline
* * *
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:20 am
Posts: 445
Location: Aggieland, TX
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 26 times
While I'm monopolizing this thread, I just came across this at Uncle Sam's Retail Outlet:

http://www.unclesamsretailoutlet.com/No ... p/5596.htm

_________________
Fortunis Fortus Paratus


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:31 am 
Offline
* * * * *
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:25 pm
Posts: 1046
Location: Minnesota
Has thanked: 157 times
Been thanked: 9 times
Image

New holster for contractor belt.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

_________________
"Flawlessly". Every time I see this word in a thread, I brace myself for bullshit. Around half the time I end up feeling vindicated.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:43 pm 
Offline
* * *
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:20 am
Posts: 445
Location: Aggieland, TX
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 26 times
*rotates head*

Ah...there it is. :clap:

_________________
Fortunis Fortus Paratus


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:29 pm 
Offline
ZS Member
ZS Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:35 pm
Posts: 634
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 20 times
Langenator wrote:
I came across this while rummaging through breachbangclear.com for IFAK reviews. Curious what ya'll think of the idea.

G-Code Contact Series Traveler rig
http://www.tacticalholsters.com/product ... N_004.html

Basically, it's a mini/lightweight chest rig that holds 3x AR and 2x pistol mags, plus a utility pouch, and the whole thing packs up in a non-descript nylon bag.

My impression is that it might be a nifty and unobtrusive way to stow extra mags for your trunk rifle and carry (or vehicle) pistol, along with some first aid supplies. Also, if you pair it with a rifle that you can stick into your BOB pack covertly (such as a broken-down M4gery or an SU-16C), it's a not-screaming-obvious way to tote along said gear.

I'm not sure it's $245 interesting, though. If G-Code ever runs a discount code that would get the price-point around $200, I might be tempted.


Replying to an old post...
I love G-Code holsters and gear
I have an RTI holster for each of my semi-autos

But, $245 for a micro rig and a travel bag is a bit high
The bag alone is 30 bucks...I would pay that for the bag and use another rig.

Here is a TAG micro rig for 25 bucks
http://www.tacticalassaultgearstore.com ... t-rig.html

Nothing fancy
3 mags and an internal pocket, but it serves the purpose and saves about 200 dollars


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:28 am 
Offline
* * * * *
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:25 pm
Posts: 1046
Location: Minnesota
Has thanked: 157 times
Been thanked: 9 times
Rick Shaw wrote:
Langenator wrote:
I came across this while rummaging through breachbangclear.com for IFAK reviews. Curious what ya'll think of the idea.

G-Code Contact Series Traveler rig
http://www.tacticalholsters.com/product ... N_004.html

Basically, it's a mini/lightweight chest rig that holds 3x AR and 2x pistol mags, plus a utility pouch, and the whole thing packs up in a non-descript nylon bag.

My impression is that it might be a nifty and unobtrusive way to stow extra mags for your trunk rifle and carry (or vehicle) pistol, along with some first aid supplies. Also, if you pair it with a rifle that you can stick into your BOB pack covertly (such as a broken-down M4gery or an SU-16C), it's a not-screaming-obvious way to tote along said gear.

I'm not sure it's $245 interesting, though. If G-Code ever runs a discount code that would get the price-point around $200, I might be tempted.


Replying to an old post...
I love G-Code holsters and gear
I have an RTI holster for each of my semi-autos

But, $245 for a micro rig and a travel bag is a bit high
The bag alone is 30 bucks...I would pay that for the bag and use another rig.

Here is a TAG micro rig for 25 bucks
http://www.tacticalassaultgearstore.com ... t-rig.html

Nothing fancy
3 mags and an internal pocket, but it serves the purpose and saves about 200 dollars

Bought that. Like it but it is waaaay too big for me. I'll mod the harness when I get some time and get it to fit.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

_________________
"Flawlessly". Every time I see this word in a thread, I brace myself for bullshit. Around half the time I end up feeling vindicated.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:32 am 
Offline
ZS Member
ZS Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:35 pm
Posts: 634
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 20 times
ashwednesday wrote:
Rick Shaw wrote:
Langenator wrote:
I came across this while rummaging through breachbangclear.com for IFAK reviews. Curious what ya'll think of the idea.

G-Code Contact Series Traveler rig
http://www.tacticalholsters.com/product ... N_004.html

Basically, it's a mini/lightweight chest rig that holds 3x AR and 2x pistol mags, plus a utility pouch, and the whole thing packs up in a non-descript nylon bag.

My impression is that it might be a nifty and unobtrusive way to stow extra mags for your trunk rifle and carry (or vehicle) pistol, along with some first aid supplies. Also, if you pair it with a rifle that you can stick into your BOB pack covertly (such as a broken-down M4gery or an SU-16C), it's a not-screaming-obvious way to tote along said gear.

I'm not sure it's $245 interesting, though. If G-Code ever runs a discount code that would get the price-point around $200, I might be tempted.


Replying to an old post...
I love G-Code holsters and gear
I have an RTI holster for each of my semi-autos

But, $245 for a micro rig and a travel bag is a bit high
The bag alone is 30 bucks...I would pay that for the bag and use another rig.

Here is a TAG micro rig for 25 bucks
http://www.tacticalassaultgearstore.com ... t-rig.html

Nothing fancy
3 mags and an internal pocket, but it serves the purpose and saves about 200 dollars

Bought that. Like it but it is waaaay too big for me. I'll mod the harness when I get some time and get it to fit.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk


Too big how?
The straps are too long or the panel too broad?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:00 am 
Offline
* * * * *
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:25 pm
Posts: 1046
Location: Minnesota
Has thanked: 157 times
Been thanked: 9 times
Rick Shaw wrote:
ashwednesday wrote:
Rick Shaw wrote:
Langenator wrote:
I came across this while rummaging through breachbangclear.com for IFAK reviews. Curious what ya'll think of the idea.

G-Code Contact Series Traveler rig
http://www.tacticalholsters.com/product ... N_004.html

Basically, it's a mini/lightweight chest rig that holds 3x AR and 2x pistol mags, plus a utility pouch, and the whole thing packs up in a non-descript nylon bag.

My impression is that it might be a nifty and unobtrusive way to stow extra mags for your trunk rifle and carry (or vehicle) pistol, along with some first aid supplies. Also, if you pair it with a rifle that you can stick into your BOB pack covertly (such as a broken-down M4gery or an SU-16C), it's a not-screaming-obvious way to tote along said gear.

I'm not sure it's $245 interesting, though. If G-Code ever runs a discount code that would get the price-point around $200, I might be tempted.


Replying to an old post...
I love G-Code holsters and gear
I have an RTI holster for each of my semi-autos

But, $245 for a micro rig and a travel bag is a bit high
The bag alone is 30 bucks...I would pay that for the bag and use another rig.

Here is a TAG micro rig for 25 bucks
http://www.tacticalassaultgearstore.com ... t-rig.html

Nothing fancy
3 mags and an internal pocket, but it serves the purpose and saves about 200 dollars

Bought that. Like it but it is waaaay too big for me. I'll mod the harness when I get some time and get it to fit.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk


Too big how?
The straps are too long or the panel too broad?


Straps are too long. I'm 5'7", 30" waist, about 170lbs. It hangs weirdly on me. I plan to either shorten the straps or mod the harness some way or other.

_________________
"Flawlessly". Every time I see this word in a thread, I brace myself for bullshit. Around half the time I end up feeling vindicated.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:17 pm 
Offline
ZS Member
ZS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:28 pm
Posts: 664
Location: Tampa Bay Area, Florida
Has thanked: 312 times
Been thanked: 69 times
Anyone care to give me advice on a "minimalist" chest rig?

I have a split front chest rig that I was gonna load up with four mags, IFAK, and GP pouch; but just decided that even that might be too bulky for my purposes.
So I started looking at the TT Mini MAV
http://www.amazon.com/Tactical-Tailor-Chest-Coyote-Brown/dp/B00EMG5E1I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1456787463&sr=8-1&keywords=tactical+mini+mav
Planned set up would be three AR open top pouches in the center, TQ pouch and flashbang pouch (usually carries a small smoke grenade because I can) on the sides.
Then I found the APC2 rig from UW Gear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9VhxonglD8
Same thing as the Mini MAV essentially for $40, but with an H harness, which I prefer because I've found that the common X straps can cut into my neck. I have a bandoleer for my 15-22 from UW Gear and is pretty sweet.
What do you guys think?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:43 am 
Offline
ZS Member
ZS Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:35 pm
Posts: 634
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 20 times
ManInBlack316 wrote:
Anyone care to give me advice on a "minimalist" chest rig?

I have a split front chest rig that I was gonna load up with four mags, IFAK, and GP pouch; but just decided that even that might be too bulky for my purposes.
So I started looking at the TT Mini MAV
http://www.amazon.com/Tactical-Tailor-Chest-Coyote-Brown/dp/B00EMG5E1I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1456787463&sr=8-1&keywords=tactical+mini+mav
Planned set up would be three AR open top pouches in the center, TQ pouch and flashbang pouch (usually carries a small smoke grenade because I can) on the sides.
Then I found the APC2 rig from UW Gear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9VhxonglD8
Same thing as the Mini MAV essentially for $40, but with an H harness, which I prefer because I've found that the common X straps can cut into my neck. I have a bandoleer for my 15-22 from UW Gear and is pretty sweet.
What do you guys think?


Mini mav is good for 45 bucks.
It has 8 rows of webbing.

Get a triple mag pouch with flaps
I'm talking the kind that holds two mags per pouch with elastic retainer bands.

Blackhawk makes one that has removable flaps
Tuck or remove the flaps to make them open top
The elastic bands will hold one mag per pouch if that's all you want or two mags per pouch if you need to double your ammo carry

Most triple mag pouches will take 5 rows of webbing
That's leaves 3 rows left for a ifak medical pouch
You can get those Surplus on eBay for 10 bucks in brown

If I get time I'll post my mini mav set up so you have a visual.

Also, if you don't have a flash bang...why have the pouch.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:57 pm 
Offline
ZS Member
ZS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:28 pm
Posts: 664
Location: Tampa Bay Area, Florida
Has thanked: 312 times
Been thanked: 69 times
Going with open top with bungies because I prefer them on a chest rig, and I already have them. I have the flashbang pouch from my Guard days and I use it to carry smoke grenades that I have (for signalling and other emergencies.

Edit: Limiting myself to this because I have a tendency to overpack shit, including chest rigs, trying to keep this a minimalist rig. Do understand you point with the flapped pouches being able to hold six mags.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:44 pm 
Offline
* * * * *
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 8:11 pm
Posts: 1453
Location: Western Slope, CO
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 244 times
ManInBlack316 wrote:
Anyone care to give me advice on a "minimalist" chest rig?

I have a split front chest rig that I was gonna load up with four mags, IFAK, and GP pouch; but just decided that even that might be too bulky for my purposes.
So I started looking at the TT Mini MAV
http://www.amazon.com/Tactical-Tailor-Chest-Coyote-Brown/dp/B00EMG5E1I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1456787463&sr=8-1&keywords=tactical+mini+mav
Planned set up would be three AR open top pouches in the center, TQ pouch and flashbang pouch (usually carries a small smoke grenade because I can) on the sides.
Then I found the APC2 rig from UW Gear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9VhxonglD8
Same thing as the Mini MAV essentially for $40, but with an H harness, which I prefer because I've found that the common X straps can cut into my neck. I have a bandoleer for my 15-22 from UW Gear and is pretty sweet.
What do you guys think?



I didn't really care for the Mini MAV. quality is great, blah blah blah, but the layout was very limiting. you are pretty much stuck with a triple mag shingle in the middle (which nearly all take 6 channels, not 5) and then you have two useless 2-row channels on each side. a full height/full width 3x8 chest rig is much better, lets you either have a 4-mag shingle or cheat the mags to one side and have a usable pouch on the other.

For a dedicated minimalist rig I discourage MOLLE, unless you are really still working the bugs out on your likes/dislikes a fixed rig will be lighter, thinner, and sometimes cheaper.

_________________
share your tobacco and your kindling, but never your sauna or your woman.

AK, Glock, Pie.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:00 pm 
Offline
* * *
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:20 am
Posts: 445
Location: Aggieland, TX
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 26 times
RonnyRonin wrote:
ManInBlack316 wrote:
Anyone care to give me advice on a "minimalist" chest rig?

I have a split front chest rig that I was gonna load up with four mags, IFAK, and GP pouch; but just decided that even that might be too bulky for my purposes.
So I started looking at the TT Mini MAV
http://www.amazon.com/Tactical-Tailor-Chest-Coyote-Brown/dp/B00EMG5E1I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1456787463&sr=8-1&keywords=tactical+mini+mav
Planned set up would be three AR open top pouches in the center, TQ pouch and flashbang pouch (usually carries a small smoke grenade because I can) on the sides.
Then I found the APC2 rig from UW Gear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9VhxonglD8
Same thing as the Mini MAV essentially for $40, but with an H harness, which I prefer because I've found that the common X straps can cut into my neck. I have a bandoleer for my 15-22 from UW Gear and is pretty sweet.
What do you guys think?



I didn't really care for the Mini MAV. quality is great, blah blah blah, but the layout was very limiting. you are pretty much stuck with a triple mag shingle in the middle (which nearly all take 6 channels, not 5) and then you have two useless 2-row channels on each side. a full height/full width 3x8 chest rig is much better, lets you either have a 4-mag shingle or cheat the mags to one side and have a usable pouch on the other.

For a dedicated minimalist rig I discourage MOLLE, unless you are really still working the bugs out on your likes/dislikes a fixed rig will be lighter, thinner, and sometimes cheaper.


I've got an idea in my head for something like either a Rhodesian or Chinese AK rig (or AR), with a first aid pouch on one side and a canteen/water bottle pouch on the other. Rhodie for those who prefer 7.62/.308, ChiCom style for those who prefer AR-15 or AK.

_________________
Fortunis Fortus Paratus


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:36 am 
Offline
ZS Member
ZS Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:35 pm
Posts: 634
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 20 times
RonnyRonin wrote:
ManInBlack316 wrote:
Anyone care to give me advice on a "minimalist" chest rig?

I have a split front chest rig that I was gonna load up with four mags, IFAK, and GP pouch; but just decided that even that might be too bulky for my purposes.
So I started looking at the TT Mini MAV
http://www.amazon.com/Tactical-Tailor-Chest-Coyote-Brown/dp/B00EMG5E1I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1456787463&sr=8-1&keywords=tactical+mini+mav
Planned set up would be three AR open top pouches in the center, TQ pouch and flashbang pouch (usually carries a small smoke grenade because I can) on the sides.
Then I found the APC2 rig from UW Gear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9VhxonglD8
Same thing as the Mini MAV essentially for $40, but with an H harness, which I prefer because I've found that the common X straps can cut into my neck. I have a bandoleer for my 15-22 from UW Gear and is pretty sweet.
What do you guys think?



I didn't really care for the Mini MAV. quality is great, blah blah blah, but the layout was very limiting. you are pretty much stuck with a triple mag shingle in the middle (which nearly all take 6 channels, not 5) and then you have two useless 2-row channels on each side. a full height/full width 3x8 chest rig is much better, lets you either have a 4-mag shingle or cheat the mags to one side and have a usable pouch on the other.

For a dedicated minimalist rig I discourage MOLLE, unless you are really still working the bugs out on your likes/dislikes a fixed rig will be lighter, thinner, and sometimes cheaper.


Below are pictures of my Mini MAV with a triple mag pouch and IFAK.
The pouches are both London Bridge Trading company in MAS Grey.

The Mini MAV is 8 rows across of webbing.
As you can see, the triple mag pouch takes 5 rows and the IFAK takes 3

Image

Image

Image

I’ll never tell anyone how to set up their gear. That’s a personal choice based on need and preference. However, I can stress the importance of being practical. Setting yourself up to be flexible with your ammo carriage is just being practical. The ability to go from 90 rounds of ammo to 180 rounds of ammo while maintaining a low profile rig is a good thing.
Image

An 8 row rig still has flex even with six rows taken by ammo.

HSGI makes the bleeder medical pouch that takes 2 rows
http://www.optactical.com/hsblblpo.html
I have one on my IIIA armor rig and it holds enough to treat a GSW, sucking chest wound and basic trauma. It can also hold a pair of sheers and tourniquet externally

Blackhawk makes a two row medical pouch with a Velcro mounted detachable internal panel.
http://www.blackhawk.com/products/bags- ... pouch.aspx
Its fits enough for GSW, Chest wound and basic trauma
I have one mounted on my chest rig

ATS has a low profile medical insert designed to fit into a rifle double mag pouch
http://www.optactical.com/atslowprmein.html
Again you get a scaled down GSW, chest wound and Trauma kit
I have like three of these in use in my basic chest rigs

A lot of options for the 8 row rig


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:26 am 
Offline
* * *
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:20 am
Posts: 445
Location: Aggieland, TX
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 26 times
Dark Angel's new Gen4 DARK looks like it only takes two rows, with overhang on the one side.
https://darkangelmedical.com/product/d- ... 4-med-kit/

_________________
Fortunis Fortus Paratus


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:00 pm 
Offline
* * * * *
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 2193
Has thanked: 1130 times
Been thanked: 312 times
Langenator wrote:
I've got an idea in my head for something like either a Rhodesian or Chinese AK rig (or AR), with a first aid pouch on one side and a canteen/water bottle pouch on the other. Rhodie for those who prefer 7.62/.308, ChiCom style for those who prefer AR-15 or AK.


Let us know what you come up with to attach a canteen/water bottle to your Chinese/Rhodie chest rig (and what bottle/canteen you settle on). I am working on that myself and trying to figure something out. I'd love to have some sort of FAK attached as well.

Currently digging the price/size of the Swiss M84 canteen & cup.

_________________
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:41 am 
Offline
ZS Member
ZS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:28 pm
Posts: 664
Location: Tampa Bay Area, Florida
Has thanked: 312 times
Been thanked: 69 times
Will be ordering my APC2 rig from UW Gear, appreciate all of the input given. Will try to remember to post a review when I get it. May be awhile though, last order took at least two months.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:59 pm 
Offline
* * *
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:20 am
Posts: 445
Location: Aggieland, TX
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 26 times
If anyone is interested in foreign gear:

British Army desert "Osprey" vest, with pouches, $75: http://www.keepshooting.com/review/prod ... tegory/18/

French tactical assault vest, $35: http://www.keepshooting.com/french-tact ... -vest.html

_________________
Fortunis Fortus Paratus


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:34 am 
Offline
* * *
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:20 am
Posts: 445
Location: Aggieland, TX
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 26 times
And now some Canadian: http://www.fcsurplus.ca/shopping/produc ... ing-vests/

Doesn't look MOLLE compatible, but does have lots of pockets. Actually, it looks like someone crossed a bird hunting vest with a fishing vest, dyed it green, and force-fed it steroids.

I find the inclusion of pockets/pouches on the backs of the French and Canadian vests interesting. Not sure I agree with it - I don't really understand the utility of pockets/pouches that you have to remove your whole vest to access. Buddy/team gear?

_________________
Fortunis Fortus Paratus


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:06 am 
Offline
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:10 pm
Posts: 2993
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 38 times
I just wanted to take a minute to share a company I found yesterday at the Toronto Sportsman Show.
[url=onduty.ca/url]On Duty Equipment[/url]is making Blaze Orange and High Vis yellow MOLLE gear, including LBV, medical pouches, ammo pouches, and a few general shape/sized pouches. I bought their ~6x6 med pouch and a butt pack, I'll be fielding them through the summer, and possibly buying a vest in time for hunting season. I will be keeping everyone updated here because I think this product is an awesome innovation in a niche market I think a lot of us can enjoy.

Image

Image

_________________
BullOnParade

Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Urban BOB/Range (& Bailout) Bag/EDC/Vehicle Kit


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:32 pm 
Offline
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:10 pm
Posts: 2993
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 38 times
On another note, I got a notice that Hill People Gear had Connor Packs back in stock, so I ordered one this afternoon. Looking forward to that piece of kit.

_________________
BullOnParade

Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Urban BOB/Range (& Bailout) Bag/EDC/Vehicle Kit


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:40 pm 
Offline
ZS Member
ZS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:28 pm
Posts: 664
Location: Tampa Bay Area, Florida
Has thanked: 312 times
Been thanked: 69 times
Wife gave the green light (joint finances, ya know?) to get my GGG Stealth Operator Pack. Was gonna wait for a sale, but I've done my time with my super small EDC bag and next few months are gonna be buckling down and saving, so this will be my last nonessential big spending for a bit.
Any advice on which people I should get it from?
http://www.skdtac.com/Grey-Ghost-Gear-S ... gr.101.htm
SKD price is a little bit cheaper, with $5 shipping.
http://www.greyghostgear.com/product-p/6009.htm
Grey Ghost Gear themselves, main reason is for consideration is I'm wondering if they'll in any extra since it's a +$100 purchase, but I may get murdered in shipping from them.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group