It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:27 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

AS556 wrote:
I got my Banshee on clearance from TAG, I'm liking it a lot so far. Also picked up a Phalanx Type 1 chest rig to the LE poster above I think this would be a good option for you to try. It's normally around $120 but on clearance for $37 shipped. Im really, really liking it, too. They have a shitload of really nice gear for extremely cheap right now.

Tobias, why not drop a few rifle mags and the Gladiator
and attach the rest of your kit to the PC? Just an idea..everyone likes to run their gear different.

Convieniently my little brother is a Marine Infantryman and just ordered a banshee and set of plates last week. Since he's on the wrong coast I am receiving all his mail and adding it to our inventory for safe keeping while he is away:clap:

Needless to say I am excited to see it this week. I know I also want to get one of the 1000 cordura models before the old stock runs out. Just not sure now if I *NEED* one...

I'll prolly order one within the hour of opening his haha...

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:58 am 

RonnyRonin wrote:
0122358 wrote:
Ok Y'all need help finding a chest rig I saw at a gunshow yesterday.

It was a single piece design like a MAV but it had internal magazine pockets for 6, maybe 8 AR magazines. it used an X harness using buckles and was in multicam. Military surplus evidenced by the condition, dust and sand in it and the faded tags. Turning it over to the back it held two mesh pockets on the left and middle closed by a velcro tab coming from the front over the top, the right mesh pocket had a zipper. It was plain pals webbing all along the front over the mag pouches.

TAP: tactical assault panel.

http://www.fortbraggsurplus.us/TAP-Tactical-Assault-Panel-Multi-Cam-p/tactical-assault-panel.htm

I've been playing around with it attached to an assault pack, it has some merit. won't fit AK mags.

That's exactly it...alright...if by some chance the dude still has it next show (highly doubt it), for 45 bucks it seems like a good deal

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:
I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:56 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

I need a banshee.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:15 pm 

:lol:

I like mine, too. I still can't post pics for some reason, otherwise Id post them here.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:20 pm 

Here is another enthusiastic yes for the Banshee. The only failing is the stuff attaching the cummerbund to the rest of it. I didn't like the slick straps and used an Ares Silencer to update it. It is perfect now. Pic to follow.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:08 pm 

[img]http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/17/07de18524e67dce1c0494c0f33189641.jpg[/img]
Here's a pic of my HSGI chest rig, with plate carrier pouches added and E-SAPI plates. Unfortunately I don't think they make this anymore, too bad because it unzips and folds down to reveal extra storage and a map tray. I've owned a lot of chest rigs and I've settled on this one.
[img]http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/17/1fdbd737db3704b0cf01e8f492928c6d.jpg[/img]
Here's a pic of the panel folded down.
[img]http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/17/1a5cd3873dbd9a6081de45b8bebd530f.jpg[/img]
This is the inside of the map tray when it's folded down. The rest is self explanatory. Four pistol mags on the left, four pmags front and center, and a low pro strap cutter to the right. Depending on the setup I've carried my ifak on the rear or right side, but I like to keep the right side pretty slick because my rifle hangs there and my pistol is over there too on either my battle belt or a regular web belt. There are pockets on either side inside the vest that are accessible from the top where I carry extra equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:48 am 

I feel kind of stupid, but I can't figure out how to adjust the old surplus pistol belts. :oops:

They got a cinch buckle, but there is some sort of keeper that keeps it from opening up. I've pressed on it every which way I can think of, but I can't get the keeper to open which means I can't move the cinch buckle. Before busting out the needlenose I figured I'd ask you folks.

Here's a picture of what I'm talking about:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:03 am 

Slide the keeper past that lip

ATEi

RIP- FiftySticks

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:59 am 

Just like Rebel said. The "keeper" doesn't open, its a solid piece that is designed to slide on the webbing.

Just pull/wiggle/pry the "keeper" until it slides past the lift tab on the cinch buckle.

Sometimes they can be pretty tight and difficult to move.

Hectic Hardwear - Morale Patches
moralepatches.com
Follow on facebook

offcamber's INCH Bag thread

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:22 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

lovesmuggler wrote:
[img]
Here's a pic of my HSGI chest rig, with plate carrier pouches added and E-SAPI plates. Unfortunately I don't think they make this anymore, too bad because it unzips and folds down to reveal extra storage and a map tray. I've owned a lot of chest rigs and I've settled on this one.
[img]
[img]
This is the inside of the map tray when it's folded down. The rest is self explanatory. Four pistol mags on the left, four pmags front and center, and a low pro strap cutter to the right. Depending on the setup I've carried my ifak on the rear or right side, but I like to keep the right side pretty slick because my rifle hangs there and my pistol is over there too on either my battle belt or a regular web belt. There are pockets on either side inside the vest that are accessible from the top where I carry extra equipment.

Your images didn't link properly, but I checked them out. Hsgi warlord, I think you can still purchase the model 2 (fixed pouches), but they pulled the model 3 (molle panels), which is disappointing, because I'd love to get one.

Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Urban BOB/Range (& Bailout) Bag/EDC/Vehicle Kit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:25 pm 

BullOnParade wrote:
lovesmuggler wrote:
[img]
[img]
[img]

Your images didn't link properly, but I checked them out. Hsgi warlord, I think you can still purchase the model 2 (fixed pouches), but they pulled the model 3 (molle panels), which is disappointing, because I'd love to get one.

Yeah I have the MOLLE one and I love it! I am very sad it's discontinued, I'd buy a second for a back-up.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:34 pm 

Thanks for your help. I just didn't push on it hard enough the first time. Then I somehow got it into my head that it was supposed to come open.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:09 am 

Dabster wrote:
Here is another enthusiastic yes for the Banshee. The only failing is the stuff attaching the cummerbund to the rest of it. I didn't like the slick straps and used an Ares Silencer to update it. It is perfect now. Pic to follow.

[img]http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/19/88c2ca7bb969b6cc623ae732a28d9b55.jpg[/img]

My banshe. I have walked more than 40 miles in it, I have run while wearing it. I can do push-ups while wearing it. (Plus it makes me invisible).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:15 am 

Dabster wrote:
Dabster wrote:

My banshe. I have walked more than 40 miles in it, I have run while wearing it. I can do push-ups while wearing it. (Plus it makes me invisible).

That explains why I haven't seen you lately!

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
An accident while adventuring is always an indication of incompetence-Col Townsend Whelen
thinkfree wrote:
Sigboy40 is the greatest asshole I have ever had the pleasure of knowing

Sigboy Scout Belt
Outcast Prepper Blog

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:01 pm 

My Banshee with two 12x10 ASC level 3 AR500 plates.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:52 pm 

Guys, I ended up with a Blackhawk Commando Chest Harness, in black. It has four magazine pouches that will each hold 2x 5.56 PMags, AK mags, and .308 rifle mags, or 3x USGI magazines each, for a total of anywhere between 8 and 12 magazines depending upon arrangement. I've loaded mine with 8x 30-round PMags, plus 1 in the rifle, for 270 rounds of 5.56x45 should it ever get to that.

I figure that when coupled with my duty belt arrangement, there's a lot of capability in a fairly lightweight, comfortable arrangement.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:15 am 

Does anyone have any experience with Vanquest gear?

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:
I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:01 am 
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator

Putting my Tyr Pico through it's paces. Will update soon

Rifle first. Rifle last. Rifle always.

Civilian Scout wrote:
No one buys a Taurus because it's the best option available.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:11 pm 

ok edit

Can anyone tell me the difference between the MOLLE pack straps with out the quick release and the enhanced straps with quick release? Are the enhanced more comfortable?

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:35 pm 

Dumb question: does anyone have a source for OD green or Ranger green dye that will work on tactical nylon?

I've got some personally purchased ACU pattern pouches that I used on my Army-issued gear that I'd like to keep using, but without ACU pattern.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:27 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Langenator wrote:
Dumb question: does anyone have a source for OD green or Ranger green dye that will work on tactical nylon?

I've got some personally purchased ACU pattern pouches that I used on my Army-issued gear that I'd like to keep using, but without ACU pattern.

Rit fabric dye has been commonly used on the internet to various degrees of success in the past. I've dyed a couple desert canteen pouches "green" that don't look horrible. My assault pack turned out a funky teal green that looks very odd outdoors.

https://www.ritstudio.com/color-library/core-colors/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:33 am 

I'm looking for a Poor Man's Safepacker holster. To explain, the Safepacker is a folded pouch that covers your pistol and can be attached to a hipbelt on a backpacking ruck. I'm looking for something similar. Maxpedition also makes one, but it being Maxpedition it screams gun in any color. Ideally something improvised that will cover a Glock 17 and can be strapped to an Osprey hipbelt using a wide loop or cordage.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:16 pm 

KnifeStyle wrote:
I'm looking for a Poor Man's Safepacker holster. To explain, the Safepacker is a folded pouch that covers your pistol and can be attached to a hipbelt on a backpacking ruck. I'm looking for something similar. Maxpedition also makes one, but it being Maxpedition it screams gun in any color. Ideally something improvised that will cover a Glock 17 and can be strapped to an Osprey hipbelt using a wide loop or cordage.

In that vein, I always wanted to try my hand at making a version of the hill people gear bag across the front.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:21 pm 

KnifeStyle wrote:

Look at a Hill People Gear Kit bag. It's a bag that goes on your chest inbetween your pack straps. Very well made. And they don't look tactical IMHO. Unless you get the recon like mine with the molle webbing. lol.

"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next