Danner Boots

Other provisions not covered above that may make survival easier if your life is tossed out of the norm. This section is for discussing everything from arc welders to underwear.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

johngeste

Danner Boots

Post by johngeste » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:18 pm

I have a Pair of Danner Mountain Light II's that I have been wearing everyday for 15 months. Last week one of the rivets attaching an eyelet which holds the laces broke on my right boot. It was obviously a manufacturing defect. The warranty is only good for a year but this is was an obvious manufacturing defect, the leather was not stretched and the eyelet was completely intact. After contacting Danner they immediately gave me instructions on how to return the boots at their expense for a "warranty evaluation". I was a bit nervous, being without these boots was very difficult and I did not like the idea of parting with them. but a week later I received a brand new pair of Mountain Light II's. I am compelled to share this experience with the Forum as I am ecstatic about this and very grateful towards Danner.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. -Yogi Berra

phalanx

Re: Danner Boots

Post by phalanx » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:55 pm

I like Danner, but I'm biased living in Oregon. I walk about 4-5 miles every day at work in my Danners, and they wear very well. I have the 6" Patrol boots.

I also think its a little weird that you have 7 posts and wrote a big block of love for a specific company, though...
ninja-elbow wrote: ZSC:011 Oregon: We Bug Out wet, dry, at the coast or the high desert ... maybe even the mountains, in a town or in a valley or something....
"We are moral beings only to the extent that we are social beings" - Emile Durkheim

Redeyes
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of The Living Dead 1968

Post by Redeyes » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:27 am

phalanx wrote:I like Danner, but I'm biased living in Oregon. I walk about 4-5 miles every day at work in my Danners, and they wear very well. I have the 6" Patrol boots.

I also think its a little weird that you have 7 posts and wrote a big block of love for a specific company, though...
I don't think this dude is a spammer. He has some boots that rock and the company that makes them has customer service that rocks. If he came on here shilling for a company that has shitty products and poor customer service that would be a different story. I really don't think that Danner needs spammers to advertise for them. Plenty of love out there for Danners. I am somewhat biased though as I have Danners myself and I really like them.

Team Beards&Irons MilCopp 2013

Browning 35 for ZS President 2016. Make Zombie Squad Great Again!

johngeste

Post by johngeste » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:24 am

phalanx,

I understand your apprehension to my "Danner Love Post" due to my low post count. I can assure you I am not a spammer. This was my first pair of Danner's and I spent a lot of time doing research on the best hiking boots in my price range. I was devastated when the rivet broke and considered taking them to a local show repair shop to have them repaired. A friend insisted I send them back to the factory and give them a chance to make it right, and they definitely did. As a new member here I prefer to spend more time reading then posting so as not to be redundant.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. -Yogi Berra

phalanx

Post by phalanx » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:36 am

Hey nothing wrong with that. I've been here 4 years and have less posts than most people have after 6 months!
ninja-elbow wrote: ZSC:011 Oregon: We Bug Out wet, dry, at the coast or the high desert ... maybe even the mountains, in a town or in a valley or something....
"We are moral beings only to the extent that we are social beings" - Emile Durkheim

Return to “Other Gear”