Condor battle belt

Other provisions not covered above that may make survival easier if your life is tossed out of the norm. This section is for discussing everything from arc welders to underwear.
Craig332

Condor battle belt

Post by Craig332 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:30 am

I am looking for a condor battle belt and stumbled upon this blog post: https://www.tacticalbattlebelts.com/condor-battle-belt/

Which of those 3 is the best one for a survival belt?

Tnx in advance

woodsghost

Re: Condor battle belt

Post by woodsghost » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:44 am

The answer is "it depends."

What are you using it for? "Survival" means a lot of different things to different people.

Looking at the belts I'd say they are each for different situations. Just from what I'm seeing, I think there is a balancing of "comfort" with "armor integration." And maybe "pack integration."

So what do you plan to use this for? How much weight and what equipment do you plan to put on there? Are you planning on integrating with armor? What training and experience do you have?

Is this for "home defense" or "patrolling 7 days in the woods?" If you are patrolling, what other gear are you bringing on that patrol and does your battle belt/survival belt need to integrate with packs or other equipment?

Just some helpful questions.
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

Goodby ZS. I miss thee so.

New forum: ufozs.com

PistolPete

Re: Condor battle belt

Post by PistolPete » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:59 pm

I've used a few different load bearing belts and hands down my favorite is the EMDOM belt designed by the guys at Military Morons:
https://www.emdomusa.com/Emdom-MM-CM-Belt-p/eu116.htm

It's only $55, made better than Condor and I've set it up for weekend carbine classes and for deer hunting and it's done both quite well. It works well with holsters and molle attached gear. Condor gear tends to be fine, but the EMDOM stuff tends to be darn sturdy.
Steemit, where I write stuff now

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
- Mark Twain