gas mask info, filters, etc

Other provisions not covered above that may make survival easier if your life is tossed out of the norm. This section is for discussing everything from arc welders to underwear.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Brunt The Grunt
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead OG, Zombieland, Night of the Comet, 28 Weeks Later

gas mask info, filters, etc

Post by Brunt The Grunt » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:24 pm

bit of a longshot here. Can't remember what forum I was on but there was a website about gas mask, filters, which ones to stay away from, lot #'s for bad filters, even had info on filters that may not even work for NBC/ CBRN anymore due to expiration but recommended for volcanic ash.

this sound familiar to anyone?
You see them on the street. You watch them on TV.
You might even vote for one this fall.
You think they're people just like you.
But your wrong. Dead wrong.

GET EM IN THE HEAD!!!

MAXPEDITION MINI CHEST RIG IN BLACK NEVER USED, SEND PM.

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Re: gas mask info, filters, etc

Post by NT2C » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:13 pm

Brunt The Grunt wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:24 pm
bit of a longshot here. Can't remember what forum I was on but there was a website about gas mask, filters, which ones to stay away from, lot #'s for bad filters, even had info on filters that may not even work for NBC/ CBRN anymore due to expiration but recommended for volcanic ash.

this sound familiar to anyone?
Hmmm... It does ring a bell for me and I'm thinking it was on this site about 10 years ago, but I could be misremembering. I'm an old-fart and the memory isn't the greatest anymore. Have you tried using our search feature to look?
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Re: gas mask info, filters, etc

Post by raptor » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:59 pm

A 2019 article

https://www.mirasafety.com/blogs/news/g ... _a19a71fa1

A link to 3m on Corona virus filtration:
https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/worker-heal ... 096cdb4113

A suggested full face respirator made by 3m
https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-us/ ... 550&rt=rud

Remember a gas mask alone is rarely adequate. You will need full body coverage that is impervious to the the threat, practice using the PPE. Proper it and decontamination suitable to the risk. Further some risks require self contained breathing gear (SCBA) along with the proper coverage.

Return to “Other Gear”