good video about fishing lures for all fish

Other provisions not covered above that may make survival easier if your life is tossed out of the norm. This section is for discussing everything from arc welders to underwear.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

good video about fishing lures for all fish

Post by ineffableone » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:13 am

I ran across this video and thought it worth sharing. It is good beginner guide for lures to catch fish pretty much anywhere and no matter the species. This video covers a small number of lures you can stock to pretty much cover your bases for catching fish anywhere. While there is no perfect single lure, there is a small number of lures that can increase your odds and let you carry less, which is important for preppers when space and weight is a big issue.

There are of course many other opinions besides those given in this video. But the reasoning and logic behind the choices in the video are worthwhile. I found that he actually explains the reasoning, and usage for the choices he made nice too. Rather than just giving a list, he goes into the whys and whens of each.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

moab

Re: good video about fishing lures for all fish

Post by moab » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:48 am

I firmly believe that a diamond jig of different sizes will catch any fish. Maybe throw in a couple of those upside down leaded hooks on plastic. So you can avoid weeds. And your good to go. I've used diamond jigs on everything saltwater to small trout in fresh water. Chrome reflects what evers around it. And if you have to pick a color pick green.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

wpick

Post by wpick » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:32 pm

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:04 pm

Yep the paracord lure has been done a lot. There is a lot of videos on that topic. And yes it can work.

I posted the video mainly due to it being a decent list of good all around lures. As mentioned saving space and weight is important for preppers. So a small batch of lures that work in most conditions and for most species of fish is a good list to have.

As Moab suggests, there of course are different views of what works best. He likes the diamond jig, and nothing wrong with that. There is so much out there lure wise, it is great to hear some other ideas besides what the video suggests. I definitely agree with his color suggestion, if you have to pick a color green is the one to choose. At least that has been the best option in my experience. While other colors can be useful at times, green tends to be the most all around useful color.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

zallup

Post by zallup » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:41 am

wpick wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:32 pm
I saw this video last week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0raJv_dKWE
This is a really nice guide to build it. I tried to make one before by watching some other videos, but this one is really simple and effective. Going to try make one this weekend.

Evan the Diplomat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004), Savageland

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:43 pm

If I could only carry one, the woolly bugger.

It can look like a minnow, worm or leech.
Priests and cannibals, prehistoric animals
Everybody happy as the dead come home

Big black nemesis, parthenogenesis
No-one move a muscle as the dead come home

Return to “Other Gear”