It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:03 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Hello everybody :)
I already got a vest with magazine pouches and so on for use with my mini 14, now I want a vest for my remington 870. I have ordered a lot of velcro shell holders for the receiver and buttstock so that I can load up 10-12 extra shells on the gun and just rip the holders off and slap on new ones on the fly :) But I want a vest with a lot of velcro on the front so I can put a lot of these shell holders on it. So I am looking for a huge velcro panel with molle attachment on the back so that I can mount it on a vest/plate carrier. Eventually I could just go for a cheap airsoft vest/plate carrier that is already made with velcro front.

I don't want expensive gear now, at least not if I am buying a vest or plate carrier as I need to try out if this velcro shell holders is the way to go. Don't want to throw a lot of money into a system if I end up not using it.

I prefer ebay and amazon, but any thrustworthy shop that ships internationally will do! :)

Sent fra min GT-I9295 via Tapatalk

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:02 pm 

If you are talking about the esstac "shotgun card" style holders, there are quite a few rifle magazine pouches which are sized about right for that, this might prevent you having to set up different vests for different jobs.

You just want to make sure the pouches still provide access to the cards and that they don't have loop/ velcro inside which would trap your cards.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited by ashwednesday on Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:06 pm 

I do like those "thrustworthy shops" lol!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:48 pm 

I would certainly second the rifle mag pouch suggestion.
for one velcro has a limited lifespan, as does the stitching holding the velcro to the shot card, twice as much ripping and sticking means half the lifespan.
for second, more ripping is slower and more annoying (those shot cards have a lot of holding power).
For thirdsies stacking multiple cards in one magpouch takes up less room on a chest rig. Less surface area means less sweat, chafing and less interference with the rest of your gear.

AK, Glock, Pie.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:47 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

I like the idea of the rifle mag pouch! Will need some shallow pouches for this as my regular ones for 30rnds 5.56 will be too deep for practical use. But I'm sure you guys are correct in that there is a lot of suitable poches :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:37 pm 

are your current pouches 2 or 3 mag pouches? I'd just rock 'em, you should be able to get 1 shot card per mag, maybe even 4 in a 3 mag pouch. Assuming they have some redundant passive retention like elastic they should be secure enough.

AK, Glock, Pie.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:48 pm 

Krieger wrote:
I like the idea of the rifle mag pouch! Will need some shallow pouches for this as my regular ones for 30rnds 5.56 will be too deep for practical use. But I'm sure you guys are correct in that there is a lot of suitable poches :)

It depends how long your shotgun cards are. If they hold six or seven shells, they should be okay in a regular M4 pouch. Many shotgun cards have a bit of a 'tail' to make them easier to grab, like a tab or bit of cord at the end. If not maybe you can mod / improvise something at the end of each card.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:14 am 

Krieger wrote:
Hello everybody :)
I already got a vest with magazine pouches and so on for use with my mini 14, now I want a vest for my remington 870. I have ordered a lot of velcro shell holders for the receiver and buttstock so that I can load up 10-12 extra shells on the gun and just rip the holders off and slap on new ones on the fly :) But I want a vest with a lot of velcro on the front so I can put a lot of these shell holders on it. So I am looking for a huge velcro panel with molle attachment on the back so that I can mount it on a vest/plate carrier. Eventually I could just go for a cheap airsoft vest/plate carrier that is already made with velcro front.

I don't want expensive gear now, at least not if I am buying a vest or plate carrier as I need to try out if this velcro shell holders is the way to go. Don't want to throw a lot of money into a system if I end up not using it.

I prefer ebay and amazon, but any thrustworthy shop that ships internationally will do! :)

A cheap alternative is velcro one loop. I use it on my sling bag. I run the one loop through the molle webbing and it allows me to attach my velcro backed mag pouch.

[img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161231/29ebcf1fd901776797f45428e0ec136f.jpg[/img]

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:49 pm 

http://www.tacticalassaultgearstore.com ... black.html

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:18 pm 

JFire wrote:

A cheap alternative is velcro one loop. I use it on my sling bag. I run the one loop through the molle webbing and it allows me to attach my velcro backed mag pouch.

WHOA. I don't have a use for this right now, but that is getting filed away. good stuff.

AK, Glock, Pie.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:42 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

http://www.strikehardgear.com/ammopal-s ... dispenser/
I don't run a shotgun, but I've been considering this as a gift for family members that do have a shotgun. What do you guys think about this on your vest? Wouldn't be removable, but would offer 10 shells per. Could get expensive though.

I have no affiliation with the company, just thought it might be a neat solution for the OP.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:02 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

That shell dispenser might be useful, atleast for sporting use. Not sure if it would hold the shells while a person runs, throws him self to the ground and so on. But might be a good thing for IPSC or something if it doesn't hold up for hunting and shtf use. But the design makes me wonder if I should try to create some drawings and give my brother a call since he owns a 3d printer. Doesn't look like a complicated design :)