It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:59 am 

Wow I posted that along time ago, nothing like a 3in combo wrench for bashing some brains in. Though I don't think I'd get more the a couple swings in. That thing is heavy as ball's.

Vicarious_Lee wrote:
I have boners in places I didn't even know I had dicks. :D :D :D

My B.O.A.T
My jeep build
My FAKs

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:11 am 
BANNED

Banatz wrote:
Just do NOT kill anything with a CLAW and then post a picture of the claw.

You will be banned!

If a forum member had to kill something or someone in a self defense setting with anything (hammer, firearm, knife etc) I don't think that there are many who would brag about it on the net in the form of a blood splattered weapon. I can see posting hunting pictures just so long as they're not particularly graphic and just so long as they don't place hunters in a bad light, but killing an animal with 'the Claw' doesn't really enter into State Hunting regulations and it would definately place hunters in a bad light.

In the case of lawfully defending yourself against a human being intent on doing you serious bodily harm or trying to kill you there may be some braggarts among us (as on any forum), but I don't think that even they are that stupid or insensitive. Not to mention that even if you were completely justified in defending yourself against someone like a home invader/burglar the lawyer filing a suit against you (and the family WILL sue even if the guy was breaking into your home with a weapon, trust me) on behalf of the criminals family would have field day with such a post/picture.

It's that smug, superior attitude of theirs, strutting around in their fancy outfits like they're better than everyone else. Yeah, burn in hell, you snobbish bird bastards.

And don't get me started on pandas!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:46 pm 

I think I would prefer to take an entrenching tool. Not only is it effective at lopping someones head off, it can be quite useful for other things as well.

My secondary melee weapon of choice would be a certain machete that I've seen online before. Instead of being a normal hack and slash weapon, it also had a spike on the back end of the tip. So if you just absolutely needed to kill a zombie, flit it around and stab them in the head with the spike.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:24 pm 

I'm so in love with my CS assegai right now.

It's the short haft version and I haven't modified anything yet, but I am quite impressed with both the slashing power (effectively a double-edged 12" blade) and its stabericity (yes, that's a word, dammit).

Or it should be.

I barely poked this melon and it went in about 4".

My preferred bludgeoning weapon is an oddity I guess - a CS polypropylene bokken.

Again, the melon never stood a chance even with just one modest whack.

And finally if I have to get REALLY up close and personal, I'll turn to my trusty cheapo Kukri.

This sucker has some heft to it (probably something to do with being made from spring steel 1/4" thick at the spine) and it honestly chops wood more effectively than my hatchet.

Today just wasn't a good day for melons.

I took a lazy swing at this one, sliced right through it, and hit the table it was on!

I'd say that will leave a mark.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:29 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

If I'm at home, my cold steel unbreakable baseball bat (they make two, the bigger one) and me favorite hand axe or machete, whichevers closer.

If I'm in my car me jack handle (solid steel 30 inch pipe with comfy grip) and my favorite 18 inch Phillips screwdriver.

If I'm at work, the cremation tool for babies (very heavy hunk of metal on a pipe, mace like sort of) and a Trocar.

Depends on where I am. :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:49 pm 

i would say a axe and a good fighting knife

when i say a axe i don't necessary mean a war-axe, but even a simple axe could be more than enough, strong enough to break bones, wood any soft material, if using the head side can also break brick , glass, bash steel (like steel door or vehicle) and even at a certain point break concrete (small block or not too thick wall) ,

it also depend of the wielder, in that case: me,

i used axe many times, i'm a fairly large man and i think i'm strong enough to wield a axe during a long period of time.

even a good hatchet would be great like the rifleman hawk have a fairly good size and high chopping ability

as for knife, a good size knife like a bowie or similar design with both strong slashing and piercing ability would be a good idea

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:42 am 

My zombie tools Parabellum and my tommy hawk!

But, the more I think about it... A boar spear...adds distance, has a depth baffle And makes a large deep wound channel...
with metal butt cap you could use it as a stave I'd you had training...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:33 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Stonedog wrote:
My zombie tools Parabellum and my tommy hawk!

But, the more I think about it... A boar spear...adds distance, has a depth baffle And makes a large deep wound channel...
with metal butt cap you could use it as a stave I'd you had training...

If your looking for a bit of distance, try a Bec de corbin, it is a pole weapon from the Middle ages,
Then close up, try a Cricket bat..blunt, hard, go edge on,or wide. Of course a good Gothic Mace works as well too. Crushes the skulls...

Then there is the Goedendag a14th century weapon.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goedendag
a simple weapon but very nasty.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:28 am 

i would take my cs two handed katana machete modified, and my BK9

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:04 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

6' staff with the CS shovel head affixed at one end. My machete can be used to construct various bludgeoning implements.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:03 pm 

My modified CS Trail Hawk and SOG Machete currently. I have on reserve a CS Hand and a Half sword and a Grosse Messer, so in the near future I will replace the machete with whichever one I actually order.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear. -Mark Twain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:54 pm 

Bush Axe outdoors, Hatchet inside

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:11 pm 

War hammer:

glaive (6' long overall):

falchion (25" blade):

I am also currently having a custom grosse messer made with a 21" blade (much handier than the falchion). Should be ready in a couple months.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:56 pm 

I would use my cutco knives alls i need is 2 they are sergical grade steel kitchen knive my butcher knife can cut straight through a coconut

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:15 am 

imagonner011093 wrote:
I would use my cutco knives alls i need is 2 they are sergical grade steel kitchen knive my butcher knife can cut straight through a coconut

Green stuff on the outside of the coconut?

I have a nice Forrester Axe. Pretty sure it will kill most things I hit with it.

Plus fire wood.
Ability to build stuff.
Climbing.
And able to hook stuff that falls under the car.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:59 pm 

I have a number of options, myself. While not *technically* melee weapons, they are not firearms, so they do somewhat fit: throwing knives, throwing stars, and throwing spikes. All three are capable of lethality with practice and training. Emphasis on practice. The main issue is accuracy.

Additionally, I would fix a bayonet to the end of a rifle. Then I can stab with it, shoot with it, and buttstroke with it! I also have a sword (mounted to the side of my pack currently so as to carry it, but I can quickly deploy it over my shoulder (Also have a baldric somewhere for it, which is another option, and I'm working on a frog that will attach to MOLLE or ALICE gear so that I can carry it on that). It's a nice sword, though I am considering replacing it with one that is somewhat lighter in weight and better balanced (might make one, too. Undecided there).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:42 am 

Gothboy wrote:
If I'm at home, my cold steel unbreakable baseball bat (they make two, the bigger one) and me favorite hand axe or machete, whichevers closer.

If I'm in my car me jack handle (solid steel 30 inch pipe with comfy grip) and my favorite 18 inch Phillips screwdriver.

If I'm at work, the cremation tool for babies (very heavy hunk of metal on a pipe, mace like sort of) and a Trocar.

Depends on where I am. :)

I realise it would hurt like hell but would a bat break a skull and scramble the brains inside?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:46 am 

drop bear wrote:
I realise it would hurt like hell but would a bat break a skull and scramble the brains inside?

well a test as been made and surprisingly the aluminium bat, even if lighter than other material deliver much more kinetic energy on impact than other and could use that energy to break the skull.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:51 pm 

Some sort of hatchet axe would be the ideal thing IMO. Easy to swing, lightweight and theres an abundance of them around. Even if its just the basic garden variety.

As for the other, idk. A lot of choices. Spiked poles for keeping them at bay or Machete's for their slashing ability. Plus it can be used for other things. So I think a Machete would be my choice.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:41 am 

I have a three headed mace.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:15 am 

Last edited by zhins on Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:03 pm 

Machetes are nice but for actual (unarmored) combat, nothing beats a proper sword. That's what they are designed for. If I had to chose right now, I'd probably pick one of these two:Image

If we're talking zombies, def. the second one, I actually made it with killing zombies in mind 8-) Everything else, I'd have to take the bastard sword. There just is no more versatile sword type IMO. Though I prefer a true longsword for fighting itself, they are a pain to carry around. The bastard sword is a decent compromise.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:09 pm 

chenessfan wrote:
Machetes are nice but for actual (unarmored) combat, nothing beats a proper sword.

Totally agree. As well as something I have mentioned of if actually up against zombies. Is the ability of a good sword to delimb zombies. This allows you to remove potential problems of being over run by hoards of zombies, if they can't grab then they are much easier to deal head blows with no worry of their hands grabbing at you.

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:55 am 

I have more then a few swords including some antique Katanas but I think I would go with my WWII "shin gunto" good blade that takes an edge even if factory made and I like the metal handle which I think would hold up better then a more traditional one.
I have a spike axe that I made that would be work well too

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next