Beeman RS2 Dual-Caliber Air Rifle Combo

For those who live in areas where firearms are not an option and those that are smart enough to have a back up.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

The Sundance Kid

Beeman RS2 Dual-Caliber Air Rifle Combo

Post by The Sundance Kid » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:32 pm

So I've been getting depressed because it's been about 6 or so weeks since I've had to a chance to go out and shoot guns, and I was thinking what a shame it was that I can't shoot in my back yard because I live in the city.

Well my new gun solves that problem as well as a few others.

Yesterday I bought a Beeman RS2 Dual-Caliber Air Rifle Combo by Beeman.

And the best part about the whole thing is that the ammo is cheap as hell and very readily available. I bought 1100 rounds of the .177 for less than 10 bucks and bought 500 round of the .22 for less than 6 bucks.

I like the idea of having this gun for food gathering in a PAW situation, where I don't want to waste a real bullet on small game.lol but I think it's most practical use is going to be to practice my shooting technique. I really take my time and sometimes I would spend 90 seconds lining up before I actually pulled the trigger, I tried to control everything from my breathing and heart rate and waited on the wind.lol

It's the simple things in life that make me happy.lol

I think that everyone should be practicing shooting technique because you can have all the guns in the world and if you can't control your breathing, movement, etc,etc it all is for not.

Anyway, here is some pictures of the thing and a website description. And I'll try to get some video's of me taking out some cans targets at some point.

Thoughts?

http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/model ... el_id=1307

Excuse the crazy ass look on my face.lol

Grant

Re: Beeman RS2 Dual-Caliber Air Rifle Combo

Post by Grant » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:35 pm

Very nice! I've seen those and for the money you can't beat it. The only problem is re-zeroing when you change barrels, but that's going to happen with any gun, there's nothing you can do about that (unless the scope is attached to the barrel itself, but this is an air gun, not a Contender).

Have you tried it for accuracy with the different barrels? I've heard they can differ, but that's just rumor, I have no proof.

You're fortunate, for the life of me I can't get a springer to shoot well It's not the gun, it's me. I just can't get used to the forward recoil. As such, my own airguns have wound up mostly being pumps or CO2, though I do want to get a Marauder when I have the chance.
"Headshots...headshots...Do you know how to do anything else?!"

"Hey, you'd be surprised how many things that works on!"
“Yes, that IS a thousand rounds in my pocket, AND I’m happy to see you!”: The advantage of the .22lr

Milkboot

Post by Milkboot » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:24 pm

I have a Beeman 500 series and love it, it is pumped/loaded the same way, I love it :D

I never knew they made this one tho! I might have to think about this one :D

The Sundance Kid

Post by The Sundance Kid » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:22 pm

Took some pictures to share with you guys......

Also, just for note, I was a little intoxicated before I started shooting and before I set up the target, so that's why the target is upside down.lol

Here is where I was shooting from:

You can see the target, here:

I just clipped the very top of the egg and it broke the shell and splattered the white pretty good, but to my amazement didn't even break the Yolk.lmfao

Yolk, not broken:

Jackson was scared and stayed under the chair I was sitting in, shooting the whole time.lol

Finally hit the thing dead on...

White Bear

Post by White Bear » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:04 am

About how loud would you say it is, compared to an average 22lr?

If you can crack open the shell without scrambling the yolk consistently you could probably win some good bets.
I'm a normal guy with nothing to hide.

The Sundance Kid

Post by The Sundance Kid » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:17 am

It's a ton more quite.

I'd estimate probably 75% less loud, but I just pulled that out of my ass.

The loudest thing is it hitting the target.

Black Beard

Post by Black Beard » Thu May 24, 2018 3:09 am

Nice shooting. You might want to put a back stop behind the target. I use a paving slab that is angled a bit downwards so any debris drops in front of the target. The pellets self destruct when they hit it.

Return to “Other Weapons”