Observation "Rant"

For those who live in areas where firearms are not an option and those that are smart enough to have a back up.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Necrodamus

Re: Observation "Rant"

Post by Necrodamus » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:49 pm

Jonathan wrote:
Erik wrote:Your problem is that you need to get a gun. They are way better than knives.
Different problems require different solutions.
If you get shanked by someone you didn't register as a threat, the gun in your holster or on your shoulder isn't going to do a lot of good.
WAIT! We have to register our threats now!
This is no good! next will come a threat ban followed quickly by threat confiscation.
You better stock up on threats now while you still can! Dont forget to bury a few in the backyard!

¿

Post by ¿ » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:52 pm

Knives are SO obsolete, ever since a have a gun i never need knives! i do everything with guns, like carving wood and cutting things. now im gonna go post a turlte in all threads about knives.

Erik

Post by Erik » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:13 pm

Lenny wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
Erik wrote:
phil_in_cs wrote:How does a sword or knife change this? If you don't register the guy and he shanks you, you've been stabbed. At that point you react, no matter what your weapon is.

No weapon improves your situational awareness.
That's why my MG42 is always cocked and locked. Sometimes, I have my Vickers MK1 as a backup in an ankle holster. And to think some people still carry knives. :roll: Guns are so much better than other weapons that went out in the middle ages.
..ankle holster? Either my google is confused, or you have really large ankles.
Jonathan, He is pulling your leg. Everyone knows the Vickers is worn under a duster.
My particular Vickers has been modified to shoot knives. The MG42 shoots small missiles that split open to fire the following individual melee weapons at over 2400 fps: a club, a cane, an axe, and a katana. All have a +2 damage amplifier.

MacAttack

Post by MacAttack » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:05 pm

You do have the Katana like bayonets on those right?

And the grips are wrapped in the required color coded phone cord?

suntzu

Post by suntzu » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:07 pm

Erik wrote:
My particular Vickers has been modified to shoot knives. The MG42 shoots small missiles that split open to fire the following individual melee weapons at over 2400 fps: a club, a cane, an axe, and a katana. All have a +2 damage amplifier.
I want to pick up Ruger's new RL98 Riot Lion in .367 that debuted at the 2009 SHOT show. It boasts a 48 (yes, 4-8) round magazine firing the revamped Cobra Strikeforce .367 round with ballistic bezels. Paired with an ACOG and Leupold's Mark 4 8.5-25x50mm LR/T M1 illuminated reticle metric riflescope, and Nighthawk's Gen. 4 Nightvision goggles (the goggles are a bit much at $7600, but it WILL BE MINE!) and any foe you come across is worm food. Couple this with Remington's seven shot 10 gauge Nitro Stallion with the standard Ghost Ring Holographic front sight, and you can take all comers, large and small, living or undead.

Ask LRM about the new 2009 series Tactical Rascals, those things kick ass. The 2009 HG has 26" Michelin Super Mud Whumpers and six wheel independent suspension. There is a mono arm that is modular for attaching all seven of the Tactical Rascals All Terrain modular EVAC tools. One arm, seven tools.

I'd look into Verizon Wireless' headsets that came out just before Christmas. 48 gigabyte upload speeds for the SATCOM (satellite communications) features. Whisper boom mike and BOSE Dominion earpieces make a 7000 kilometer communication sound like you're sitting next to each other at McDonald's! These things are just now being made available stateside, though they've been in Japan for, like, three years. Check it out.

Erik

Post by Erik » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:29 pm

All of those things sound a million times better than any knife. Especially the gun.

suntzu

Post by suntzu » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:37 pm

Remington Nitro Stallion 10 Gauge Xtreme Shotgun ammo.

Erik

Post by Erik » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:01 am

Hahahahaha

TDW586
Location: Here, unless I'm not, in which case, somewhere else

Post by TDW586 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:05 am

suntzu wrote:Remington Nitro Stallion 10 Gauge Xtreme Shotgun ammo.

Epic. Win. :lol:

Return to “Other Weapons”