DIY throwing tomahawk

For those who live in areas where firearms are not an option and those that are smart enough to have a back up.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Fordas

DIY throwing tomahawk

Post by Fordas » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:04 am

I don't mean to monopolise this subcategory but weekly videos make that hard not to do :P

if anyone has any suggestions on how I could make a target I'd greatly appreciate them, I'm thinking coiled rope behind foam insulation.

emclean
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido
Zombieland

Re: DIY throwing tomahawk

Post by emclean » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:28 am

Fordas wrote:if anyone has any suggestions on how I could make a target I'd greatly appreciate them, I'm thinking coiled rope behind foam insulation.
a foot thick peace of tree trunk is what I most often see as a tomahawk target.
or you can do like I did in high school, find a discarded sturdy drawer, and will it with short lengths of scrap lumber with the end grain sticking out. it was great till the drawer broke.

Fordas

Re: DIY throwing tomahawk

Post by Fordas » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:34 am

emclean wrote:
Fordas wrote:if anyone has any suggestions on how I could make a target I'd greatly appreciate them, I'm thinking coiled rope behind foam insulation.
a foot thick peace of tree trunk is what I most often see as a tomahawk target.
or you can do like I did in high school, find a discarded sturdy drawer, and will it with short lengths of scrap lumber with the end grain sticking out. it was great till the drawer broke.
that second idea sounds brilliant, maybe a bit more of a sturvy design but something like that could work very well.

Return to “Other Weapons”