archery quivers

For those who live in areas where firearms are not an option and those that are smart enough to have a back up.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

blarp
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Walking-dead

archery quivers

Post by blarp » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:03 pm

I'm looking into quivers...

That said I have a bow quiver on my elite 35..
I also have a hip quiver.

My main goal is a quiver I can fix to the side of my assault pack or ruck ..... Holds 12 +. ATM I see the bowtech elite as my best bet. Anyone els find anything that you like/ might work well?

gallowglas

Re: archery quivers

Post by gallowglas » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:14 pm

I am going to make mine.

Hubby got me a leather sewing machine and I am going to experiment with designs.

I like the ones that have pouches or sheaths for knives.

blarp

Post by blarp » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:28 pm

Let me know what you come up with. I'm looking to put on on the side of my pack.

gallowglas

Post by gallowglas » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:34 pm

I'm looking at this. I have a tomahawk and a norse axe.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/531706299728890225/

blarp

Post by blarp » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:32 pm

That's nice. I'm looking more of a tactical look. Maybe a woodland mutlicam focus is souly to hold arrows. As it will be on my pack.

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:49 pm

gallowglas wrote:I'm looking at this. I have a tomahawk and a norse axe.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/531706299728890225/
The vendor of those is on Etsy called Made of Leather they are from Bulgaria but ship world wide https://www.etsy.com/shop/MadeOfLeather ... eader-name

I actually have a quiver on order from Steven Catts from Hidehandler http://www.hidehandler.com/archery_gear.htm but if I had seen Made of Leather first I might have ordered from them instead. Which reminds me I need to email Steven to see how close to shippping the quiver he is. Last time I talked with him he was just starting it.

Though the quiver I ordered from Steven Catts is pretty awesome and has features that Made of Leather doesn't offer.

The quiver I ordered is the Mountain Hunter Elite.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

-Jason-
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by -Jason- » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:16 am

I don't have a photo at the moment but I cut down a Condor shotgun scabbard into a quiver. The PALS on the side allow it to attach to a pack. In fact it's currently on the side of my pack holding around 12 crossbow arrows. Originally I used it for bow length arrows though.

roscoe

Post by roscoe » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:56 pm

This is something I have always wondered about, actually. Is it possible to carry arrows with points other than field points? Wouldn't any kind of a broad-head poke through, not to mention get tangled with other broad-heads?

Mikeyboy

Post by Mikeyboy » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:36 pm

-Jason- wrote:I don't have a photo at the moment but I cut down a Condor shotgun scabbard into a quiver. The PALS on the side allow it to attach to a pack. In fact it's currently on the side of my pack holding around 12 crossbow arrows. Originally I used it for bow length arrows though.
Here you go

NCstar makes a similar one

Its going to be too long at about 29", but it could be modified down to the right size if you (or someone you know) is good with sewing.

blarp

Post by blarp » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:16 pm

Roscoe the bowmate elite is what I'm looking at right now.. Its 12 target tiped arrows or holds 6 with hunting tips. Looks like a nice quiver. Anyone here use one?

blarp

Post by blarp » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:44 pm

Ya I been thinking of playing with that and converting it to arrows. With just target arrows it not a big deal at all. Just want something where they will not spill out as its on my pack if I need to take a dive or lean over something.

-Jason-
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by -Jason- » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:00 pm

Mikeyboy wrote: Its going to be too long at about 29", but it could be modified down to the right size if you (or someone you know) is good with sewing.
Eh you don't need to be that good. I cut it down and gutted the extra layers and restitched the side by hand pretty easily. I then used MALICE clips to attach it.

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b58 ... 2a3d82.jpg

Return to “Other Weapons”