Ouch - Graphic

For those who live in areas where firearms are not an option and those that are smart enough to have a back up.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Slugg
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Book of Eli
The Colony(TV Series)
I am Legend
28 series
Resident Evil series
Dawn of the Dead
The Walking Dead

Ouch - Graphic

Post by Slugg » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:38 pm

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f9b_1380313509" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well, that looks like it would sting a bit.
The future is for those who prepare.

LivelyToaster
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Walking Dead

Re: Ouch - Graphic

Post by LivelyToaster » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:49 pm

Thinking that is one of those fake heads he has had made for him.

EDIT: Its up on The Slingshot Channel as well. Wife has blood on her hand before touching him, but I'm sure that could be explained somehow. Still think its fake anyhow. Or a tube and make-up... can see a straw shaped protrusion run the side on the head under the "skin".

-------------------------------------------------------
Sent from a long time ago... in a galaxy far far away...

Alpha_Zombie

Post by Alpha_Zombie » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:55 pm

I want to believe

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:42 pm

LivelyToaster wrote:Thinking that is one of those fake heads he has had made for him.

EDIT: Its up on The Slingshot Channel as well. Wife has blood on her hand before touching him, but I'm sure that could be explained somehow. Still think its fake anyhow. Or a tube and make-up... can see a straw shaped protrusion run the side on the head under the "skin".

-------------------------------------------------------
Sent from a long time ago... in a galaxy far far away...
Defiantly not a fake head.

Possible it was make up as suggested, though still could be very real too. Head wounds do gush blood like almost no other wound.

I do see what might be some sort of tube under make up, but that also could just be the wrinkles of his head, or damaged skin.

Things like he had fake blood on his shirt when the video started, that his wife had blood on her hand already, that this was even posted by him when he would know folks would make fun of him for it, and plenty of other things all make it likely it is a fake. A prank to boost his video views, and to just be silly.

That said, if it was real. Then WOW, that is a hard hit and shows what sort of damage sling shots can do.

*edit to add, JorgeS is a ZS member, so if anyone is curious enough you could try PMing him, however on the Slingshot forum people seem to be going with thinking this is a fake. Not only thinking it is fake, but many thinking it is in bad taste for not saying it is fake.

*edit to add, A quick look at his profile here on ZS shows he last visited ZS on Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:32 pm and last posted on Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:11 am. The video was posted on youtube today.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

yadayada

Post by yadayada » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:18 pm

That will learn you.

Assault Life

Post by Assault Life » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:10 pm

I think he's demonstrating irony.
I fear not the Valley, for I am the Shadow

buck85
Favorite Zombie Movies: Apocalypse Now

Post by buck85 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:40 pm

Alpha_Zombie wrote:I want to believe
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you know who you are, you can, then know other people.

If you have faith, chaos will turn into order.

Let them hate...So long as they fear!

In the absence of light darkness will prevail

Storm Crow
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead re-make

Post by Storm Crow » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:17 am

I'm of a mind that Joerg is probably making use of some of the special effects for Zombie Wars, particularly given just how different the rebound on the last shot was compared with the first two. He's also probably having fun at the naysayers who always thing he's going to hurt himself.

But if he really is injured, :cry: , and here's hoping for a quick recovery.

Either way, at least his hand was protected!
Proud to be a Neo-Tribal Metalsmith scavenging the wreckage of civilization.

Forged blades: http://www.helmforge.com

Stock removal blades: http://www.helmgrind.com

The Wasteland Crow Project: http://wastelandcrow.blogspot.com

Sworbeyegib
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead is what started it all for me

Post by Sworbeyegib » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:50 am

That really took me buy surprise too. I'm hoping it was just some movie magic, and that our resident rubber mad scientist is ok.

Just before he shot, the first thing that ran thru my mind was, wow, champagne bottles are super thick compared to regular glass bottles. Then THAT happened.
**Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't**

gundogs

Post by gundogs » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:48 am

With the draw he uses it's a wonder he hasn't taken his ear off!

ArmchairRacer

Post by ArmchairRacer » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:52 pm

If it were real wouldn't his wife probably have rushed him to the ER instead of wrapping his head up and having him sit in the yard? The last 3 seconds makes me really think it's a fake. Also, if this were real I wouldn't post this if I were Joerg.

frogdude
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night & Dawn (obviously)
28 Days later
Shawn of the Dead
Braindead (aka DeadAlive)

Post by frogdude » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:04 pm

The t-shirt always looks like that, I've seen him wearing it before. I still don't think the vid is real though, most likely something he's knocked up as a Halloween special (hopefully). I don't think he needs stuff like that just to boost his channel views!
Lionel wrote:
Paquita wrote: Your mother ate my dog!
Not all of it....
http://www.electricfrog.webs.com

ednemo

Post by ednemo » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:45 pm

I am conflicted. If it is a fake, I want to say, "Joerg, that was great!" That being said, if it was real,I would feel horrible.

I read the comments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV0C7CZQ ... verified=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The weapon is tested in this video against a realistic looking rubber head made by the great make up artist Nicolay Mayer (http://www.nm-make-up.de" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), w

jackson51
Favorite Zombie Movies: ALL OF THEM!

Post by jackson51 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:29 am

Reasons I think it's fake:
-Upcoming zombie movie - he has access to various forms of make up.
-Possible tube running up his head.
-Camera knocked over and he was out of frame, a classic film trick that allows setup for things like fake blood.
-The fact that the video was actually uploaded with no explanation. Knowing him, I think that he would wait until he could explain what happened before uploading it.

If I'm incorrect tho, get well soon man. Best of wishes to you!
Giacomo wrote:Ya right, everyone knows that's just an urban legend. Like the easter fairy, tooth bunny and Norway.

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:41 am

jackson51 wrote:Reasons I think it's fake:
-Upcoming zombie movie - he has access to various forms of make up.
-Possible tube running up his head.
-Camera knocked over and he was out of frame, a classic film trick that allows setup for things like fake blood.
-The fact that the video was actually uploaded with no explanation. Knowing him, I think that he would wait until he could explain what happened before uploading it.

If I'm incorrect tho, get well soon man. Best of wishes to you!
You forgot "The ball bearing would have lost the battle with JoergS's head."
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

DarkAxel
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Evil Dead Series, Dawn of the Dead, Shawn of the Dead, NOTLD, Resident Evil Series

Post by DarkAxel » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:49 am

Perhaps some of you Deutsch speakers can come up with a better translation, but this is under the "about" section on Youtube:
Entschuldigung für den schlechten Schnitt.
I think it means "Sorry for the bad cuts"
vyadmirer wrote:Call me the paranoid type, but remember I'm on a post apocalyptic website prepared for zombies.
Fleet #: ZS 0180

Browncoat

Imma Fudd, and proud of it.

ZS Wiki

JoergS

Post by JoergS » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:43 am

Well friends,

sorry for the 2 day radio silence...

As you see I am fine, and yes, most of you have guessed right. This was part of the marketing campaign for the upcoming "Zombie Wars" movie.

Provovative, you may say?
Irresponsible, you may say?
Negative for the sport, you may say?

Well, this is the nature of my channel. Ever since I shot a steel ball against a motorcycle helmet four years ago, this was the case. I did such stunts many times over the year - around Halloween, always in a more drastic way.

This video is proof that believable SFX can be made quite inexpensively, if you are creative. A lot of people doubted that.

I do apologize in case you have been concerned about me, but let me say that I have answered each and every PM and/or email, telling people that this was a fake. Several members of this forum may be able to confirm.

Anyway, it was A LOT OF FUN!
My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/JoergSprave" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My blog: http://www.slingshotchannel.blogspot.de/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My forum: http://www.theslingshotforum.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mr. E. Monkey

Post by Mr. E. Monkey » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:05 am

Well played, Joerg. Glad you don't have a ball bearing sized hole in your head. :)
SMoAF wrote:'Tis better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
Beowolf wrote:Disasters are terrifying, but people are stupid.
wee drop o' bush wrote:THE EVIL MONKEY HAS WON THE INTERNETS! :lol: Image

Bolo

Post by Bolo » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:06 am

DarkAxel wrote:Perhaps some of you Deutsch speakers can come up with a better translation, but this is under the "about" section on Youtube:
Entschuldigung für den schlechten Schnitt.
I think it means "Sorry for the bad cuts"
Partly correct:

"Apologies for the bad editing"
peace through superior firepower

jackson51
Favorite Zombie Movies: ALL OF THEM!

Post by jackson51 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:41 am

Video editing with MS Paint. I think that just might be a first :lol:
Giacomo wrote:Ya right, everyone knows that's just an urban legend. Like the easter fairy, tooth bunny and Norway.

M14fan
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Walking Dead

Post by M14fan » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:14 am

Nice work!
"It's not always being fast or even accurate that counts. It's being willing.
I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing.
They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger...And I won't." John Wayne in 'The Shootist'

RESCUE-K9
Favorite Zombie Movies: Omega man

Post by RESCUE-K9 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:22 pm

Looks pretty real to me
To be Born a free man was a gift,To live as one is a blessing, To die as one is an Obligation.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:36 pm

JoergS wrote:Well friends,

sorry for the 2 day radio silence...

As you see I am fine, and yes, most of you have guessed right. This was part of the marketing campaign for the upcoming "Zombie Wars" movie.

Provovative, you may say?
Irresponsible, you may say?
Negative for the sport, you may say?

Well, this is the nature of my channel. Ever since I shot a steel ball against a motorcycle helmet four years ago, this was the case. I did such stunts many times over the year - around Halloween, always in a more drastic way.

This video is proof that believable SFX can be made quite inexpensively, if you are creative. A lot of people doubted that.

I do apologize in case you have been concerned about me, but let me say that I have answered each and every PM and/or email, telling people that this was a fake. Several members of this forum may be able to confirm.

Anyway, it was A LOT OF FUN!
Joerg, I have to say that this has caused me to lose a good deal of respect for you. You faked an injury and had people who care about you concerned for your well-being, all for the sake of "marketing". I'll still look forward to your next invention, still follow your exploits, but I feel like you let me down man. :(
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except sailors. They will kill you and sing songs about it.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

JoergS

Post by JoergS » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:40 pm

KJ4VOV, I understand your frustration... just so you know, you could have sent me a PM like several others did, and I'd have told you. Also I left so many hints in the video...

Anyway, think of me as a good hearted, if a bit careless and sometimes downright naughty boy who sometimes does not care about good manners (for the sake of fun) :)

Nobody is perfect, right?
My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/JoergSprave" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My blog: http://www.slingshotchannel.blogspot.de/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My forum: http://www.theslingshotforum.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Other Weapons”