King of the bowie-who would it be ?

For those who live in areas where firearms are not an option and those that are smart enough to have a back up.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

zombievt

Re: King of the bowie-who would it be ?

Post by zombievt » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:36 pm

Bill Bagwell

It breaks my heart that Ontario stopped making the factory versions of his knives.

azrael99
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, 28 days later, Zombieland, World war Z (when it gonna be out)

Post by azrael99 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:39 pm

i think this tread is one of my best one yet, simply for the gorgeous pieces of art we gonna see.
"We stopped to look for monster under the bed , the day we realized that they were inside us"

DarkPhoenix
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days later, Return of the Living Dead series, BrainDead, ZombieLand, Shaun of the Dead, and for really bad movies, Video Dead.

Post by DarkPhoenix » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:20 pm

Here's my bowie.

I feel like you eye-ballin' me, dawg!

Mad Bodhi

Post by Mad Bodhi » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:43 am

I own lots of different knives, Busse, Swamp Rat, customs, but the bottom knife in the pic is my love. A $10 Pakistani carbon steel bowie that has been my companion for many years through many travels. Carried all through the US on camping trips.It's applied the coup de grace to sharks in the Keys, built furniture and cleared fields in the West Indies, was used in drunken knife throwing contests with Dominican border guards, etc. a lot of history with that beat to shit piece of pig iron.So much that I didn't have the heart to doll it up when I traded vagabond status for family man so I found another Paki carbon steel bowie and polished it up, milled a custom stainless steel guard and put cocobolo scales on it.The pretty one resides in the safe with the others (none are safe queens though,they get used) but the original... it's kicking around in my garage still doing whatever it's called on to do.

ednemo

Post by ednemo » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:05 am

I want this and love the price!

azrael99
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, 28 days later, Zombieland, World war Z (when it gonna be out)

Post by azrael99 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:29 am

the speed bowie ? i was intrigued by it the first time i saw it.
"We stopped to look for monster under the bed , the day we realized that they were inside us"

Plinkster

Post by Plinkster » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:59 pm

Found this while deer hunting 40 years ago. The only markings are Original Bowie Knife and Solingen Germany.Image

azrael99

Post by azrael99 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:30 pm

here a little update on my knife

my knife was approved by Hugo Girard , strongest man on earth many times , and how it happen

Hugo came to the store i go almost everyday and i knew he is a big knife guy so i showed him mine i got in that store he then said "THAT a knife" that weird it seem that i heard that before,

and when asked how he loved it he then said "that a big knife i love it, but the handle is maybe just *a bit* too small for my hand"

for those who wonder "who is this guy ??"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugo_Girard" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ossa1970

Post by Ossa1970 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:00 pm

Gossman Big boar Tusker Bowie and Kelley ward Tracker
Last edited by Ossa1970 on Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

azrael99

Post by azrael99 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:02 pm

neat little blade

mind to talk about it ?

Ossa1970

Post by Ossa1970 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:41 pm

Which one ? the Gossman BBTusker Bowie is on top, 8 1/2 In blade, A2, with Iron wood scales. You can see more o. Scott Gossman's web site.

Return to “Other Weapons”