ZS Hot or Not: Knives Edition

For those who live in areas where firearms are not an option and those that are smart enough to have a back up.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

velojym
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido

Re: ZS Hot or Not: Knives Edition

Post by velojym » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:59 pm

Lloyd Thompson I picked up in the early '90s. Just happened to be stuck in Pagosa Springs waiting for Wolf Creek Pass to open back up so I could haul some Coke syrup to Durango. Tanker had lost control on the pass and... well, it didn't turn out well for him.
This was sitting under glass at a store in town, and I impulse-bought it.

Cheesy cellphone photo. If anyone wants, I can do a proper photo tomorrow.
Wouldn't it be great if all wars could be fought just by the assholes who started them?
-The Postman

Mags
Favorite Zombie Movies: *cough*not a zombie*cough* "Dog Soldiers" Just watch it. I'm sure this crowd will approve!

Post by Mags » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:28 pm

Before there was "Benchmade." There was "Lone Wolf Knives." These are two pristine examples of there collaberation with legendary knife maker Bill Harsey. The Harsey Tactical Folder! (Ranger T3)

Field and Stream Magazine named it to their "The Best 25 Knives Ever Made" list.

A quote from the Field and Stream article.
"I’ve never been a fan of folding knives for hunting. Very few of them are big enough, strong enough, or easy enough to clean to do much good, compared with a fixed blade. But this one is different. The drop-point blade is nearly 5 inches long, and the handle is big enough to make even me happy. The hinge is massive, and it comes in the most overengineered tactical belt sheath on the planet. If you have one of these, you don’t need a fixed blade. —D.E.P."

Pay particular attention to the bottom Knife. (A cherished heirloom.) It has a choil hand notched into it. Making it a one of a kind.

Another angle of the bottom knife. Yep, hand signed by the man himself. Legendary knife maker and friend, Bill Harsey! A priceless cherished item. Thats why I have two of them. LOL

MAGS BOB THREAD: http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... 14&t=41853" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MAGS MED THREAD: http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... 43&t=42670" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MAGS FOOD THREAD: http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... 0&t=104784" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Well, for me, the action is the juice..........I'm in."

Laager

Post by Laager » Mon May 03, 2021 1:04 pm

Not my usual go to knife maker but for $60.00 at at pawn shop I could not say no. It does not even look like it has been used.

“Complacency kills. Paranoia is the reason I’m still alive.” If we do happen to make contact, I expect nothing less than gratuitous violence from the lot of ya.

Return to “Other Weapons”