Really nice, economical sheath maker on etsy.

For those who live in areas where firearms are not an option and those that are smart enough to have a back up.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

moab

Really nice, economical sheath maker on etsy.

Post by moab » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:13 pm

I found this guy on Etsy. He makes these sheaths for $35 for any knife you have. I really like the blade retention and the looks of it. If he doesn't have your knife. You can send him yours and he'll custom make you one for the same $35.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/492167181/ ... e_active_9

EDIT:

So this is the final product! I'm very happy with it. Gonna send him my ESEE 5 to make a sheath for it. He charges $15 for shipping. So it's $35 plus $15 shipping. For a total $50 for a custom sheath. (The camera distorted the holster a bit. It doesn't look bent like that. But it's a very small pistol. He did a great job of making it work. Both are for hiking. Thus the hardcore tension. Love them both.

Last edited by moab on Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Re: Really nice, economical sheath maker on etsy.

Post by majorhavoc » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:36 am

That does seem like a bargain. He seems to be developing quite a following on Etsy. Folks who might be interested in this should jump on this soon; his prices might not stay this low for long.

moab

Post by moab » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:32 pm

I'll do a review once I get mine back. I had him do a custom knife sheath and a pistol holster.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

moab

Re: Really nice, economical leather sheath/holster maker on etsy.

Post by moab » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:35 pm

Final product. I'm very happy with both! $100 shipped total for both. Very good leather. Love the color. It matches my glock holster I already owned. I can't say enough good things about this guy. The sheath is his design. The holster I sent him 3 pics. And they both turned out exactly how I was hoping!

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:45 pm

Those look amazing!

My wife sees them and says "well, why don't YOU start looking stuff up on Etsy. It is really cool. Try 'Knives."

*Some hours later I"m coming up for breath. So many dreams fulfilled.*

Seriously though, there are probably too many people doing custom engraving for events. But there really are some cool knives and some really neat sheath makers on there. Thanks for the tip!
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

Storm Crow
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead re-make

Post by Storm Crow » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:37 am

Looks like some good, solid leatherwork. I'm jealous of those who can work leather. I tried a leather sheath once; it was sad. :cry: It's thermoform polymer sheaths for me! I can do them.
Proud to be a Neo-Tribal Metalsmith scavenging the wreckage of civilization.

Forged blades: http://www.helmforge.com

Stock removal blades: http://www.helmgrind.com

The Wasteland Crow Project: http://wastelandcrow.blogspot.com

Ellywick

Post by Ellywick » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:51 am

That's beautiful. And the stitchwork is lovely. I get that there is utility and a purpose for sheaths made of other materials, but I'm not sure you can compete with leather for sheer visual appeal. That being said, that's my opinion and I love just about anything made of leather.
"When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl..." "You find someone to carry you."

"She's tore up plenty, but she'll fly true."

moab

Post by moab » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:11 pm

Stormcrow - anything you send this guy he can make a sheath for it. And you could easily mark up his prices. He might even give you a wholesale rate.

My only complaint was that he only offers three dyes. And green wasn't one of them. I would have preferred that. But now all my sheaths and holsters match. And i love that mahogany color.

I used leather on these items for retention purposes while hiking. I can easily see myself falling or sliding while hiking or hunting in the slippery PNW. (Which has happened to me plenty of times.) And a knife or pistol sliding out and falling god knows where. Kydex is great for around town. And i could have had retention added. But leather is so much more comfortable. And field repairable. I specifically had him avoid rivets on the belt loop of the holster for that very reason.

Only my esee 5s Kydex sheath has solid retention with a sliding screw/barrel fitting. It slides into the middle of the knife and keeps it solidly held in the Kydex sheath. But the metal belt loop and hard Kydex don't make for a very comfortable belt carry along your waist. Especially when seated. And belt carry is all i have left with all the other gear i carry. Backpack, fannypack, hpg chestrig etc.

Plus i really like that i can store my .22 pistol with the extra mag. Can't tell you how many times I've misplaced that. I sent him a dummy gun of my pistols exact model. And the holster fits my pistol perfectly. Same with the knife i sent him.

So I'd walk not run to this guy. To lock in those rates. He's one of the lesser expensive leather craftsman I've found. If not the cheapest. And i like his work as much, if not more, than the expensive guys. Couldn't be more satisfied.

moab

Post by moab » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:14 pm

Got my ESEE 5 back with it's new sheath. Very impressed. $35. Very tight fit. So happy I did this. If you need a sheath or holster. I would not hesitate contacting this guy.

Return to “Other Weapons”