Weirdest EDC items you've seen

Share a survival experience with us and explain what you learned from it. You might help someone.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

tedbeau

Re: Weirdest EDC items you've seen

Post by tedbeau » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:52 am

deadcat7382 wrote:
Pokkers_idyll wrote:Bath towel and travel guide...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Hitchhikers guide?

That's what I was thinking, "any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is is clearly a man to be reckoned with."

Pondo_Sinatra

Post by Pondo_Sinatra » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:56 pm

Perkidanman wrote:Mustard and Tobasco.

When I was in the military one of the guys I worked with always carried one of those little tabasco bottles that came in the MRE and take-out packets of mustard. Because of his high blood pressure he couldn't have salt so those where substitutes I suppose.
Former Navy here, but in a decade and a half of deployments, I've never left home without some sort of hot sauce.

And I know a lot of guys that have carried condoms for YEARS and never even used them... :clownshoes:

Wormjello

Post by Wormjello » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:06 pm

spyderco monkey wrote:What are some of the odd EDC items you've seen?
How about a Zombiehunters.org membership ID card? There's one in my wallet right now.
Lever 4 Ever!

firerat

Post by firerat » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:36 pm

Wormjello wrote:
spyderco monkey wrote:What are some of the odd EDC items you've seen?
How about a Zombiehunters.org membership ID card? There's one in my wallet right now.
:D Me too.
"If someone with multiple personalities threatens suicide, is it a hostage situation?"

-George Carlin

Sworbeyegib
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead is what started it all for me

Post by Sworbeyegib » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:39 pm

I knew a guy once that always carried a full humidor with no less than 30 full size cigars on him, in his backpack at all times. Worst part was that ALL he ever carried in his backpack. Best part was he was always willing to share.
**Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't**

man in black
Favorite Zombie Movies: shaun of the dead
return of the living dead
28 days later
28 weeks later

Post by man in black » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:38 pm

I edc my lucky bracelet at all times, except when i am showering. Pig bone carved into 16 separate little skulls and blackened and then put on a bracelet. that's pretty wierd i guess right?

I also used to edc shotglasses,caffeine pills as well as a little bottle of instant coffee.

I knew a guy who carried 15 dollars in quarters in a hiking sock in his backpack at all times in college.
As we run into the house
The wall of dead surrounds
Tentacles of decay flesh
Tear and pull us down
Doors and windows boarded shut
But the pressure was too much
Zombie I, girl please run away

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/kevincurbstomp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; <- my tumblr

emclean
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido
Zombieland

Post by emclean » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:38 pm

Some of the sillier things I've carried:
8" crowbar wrapped in parachute chord.
i still carry a 6" crowbar in my bag, along with a pair of leather gloves, ham radio, and a deck of water proof cards.
those little crowbars make great door stops.

phractal

Post by phractal » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:19 pm

emclean wrote: i still carry a 6" crowbar in my bag, along with a pair of leather gloves, ham radio, and a deck of water proof cards.
Little pry bars are great but lots of folks won't carry them on account of they can be considered B&E tools. I keep cheap rubber doorstops in my urbex bags and cops don't fret over them. Gloves and safety glasses are standard equipment in all my bags.
Where'd my oh there it is go?.... Dang.

Pondo_Sinatra

Post by Pondo_Sinatra » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:16 pm

phractal wrote:
emclean wrote: i still carry a 6" crowbar in my bag, along with a pair of leather gloves, ham radio, and a deck of water proof cards.
Little pry bars are great but lots of folks won't carry them on account of they can be considered B&E tools. I keep cheap rubber doorstops in my urbex bags and cops don't fret over them. Gloves and safety glasses are standard equipment in all my bags.
Wow, another necro!

I have a 10" crow bar I carry in my tool bag that's always in the trunk of my car, but it's accompanied by various other tools for work, so I'm not that concerned about it.

TN-Shooter
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later

Post by TN-Shooter » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:53 am

I carry an expandable eagle claw back scratcher... Love this thing...

[img]http://images.esellerpro.com/2243/I/177 ... %20(2).JPG[/img]]
What if everyone was once a zombie but there was a human apocalypse?

51MEANTXGUNS50
Favorite Zombie Movies: City of the Living Dead, Day Of The Dead, the Resident Evil series was ok...

Post by 51MEANTXGUNS50 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:17 am

I've seen hispanic gang members carry bandannas with locks and even fishing weights on them. They would almost get away with it but apparently can't resist the urge to play with them in plain view. I reckon it's suppose to be intimidating but to me it looks kind of silly. Not only are they announcing that they are rolling with the homies, but they're brandishing a weapon in a public place :? .
"Violence is not a game, nor is it a cartoon. Violence is sickeningly real, it hurts, it ruins lives, and it has lasting medical, psychological, legal, and social repercussions. Violence is not something to be toyed with, it is something to be avoided through whatever means necessary. Violence is not fun."

Manliest
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland.

Post by Manliest » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:23 pm

I used to EDC a padlock and a bandana. Now I use a small (1/2ltr) Camelbak bottle with a carabiner.
Even half full, one solid whack to the noggin and its the proverbial coloring books for Christmas.

The weirdest thing I've ever personally seen someone (not on duty) carrying is lockpicks. That's a felony round here.

ednemo

Post by ednemo » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:26 pm

I carry the Wedge It.
http://www.amazon.com/Wedge-It-WEDGE-BL ... s=Wedge-it" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It was designed by EMTs as a way to keep all kinds of doors opened or closed. I found it after reading a book about a cop that carried one to always make sure when he was out, his door would stay closed while he slept and when he went into a place to make sure he had a clear exit strategy.

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:18 pm

I had a buddy in HS that carried an aluminum bat with the first 6" or so of it filled with lead..... It's name was "ingenuity" I still laugh to this day about the name.

The weird things I EDC are a gallon of water, p38, 3oz of denatured alcohol with stove and a bottle of tapitio hot sauce... oh also 2 different kinds of altoids, my toothbrush and an electric shaver. haha people make fun of me all the time.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

Horatio_Tyllis
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead 2004
Special Dead
Dead before Dawn 3d

Post by Horatio_Tyllis » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:55 am

cv66er wrote:
Dawgboy wrote:I knew a chick that carried a dog in her purse, everywhere... It was a tiny little Yorkie and it went literally everywhere with her...
I prefer oatmeal bars. You don't need to waste time butchering, building a fire, etc.
Sigging that. Edit: I can't sig that and keep the stuff i want to keep. :(
Winter driving guide: http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... =6&t=82858" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Zimmy wrote:Intelligent safety conscious fireman snuffing telekinetic golems?
Our heroes are doomed without Gyrojet pistols firing antimatter tipped rockets!

dpurgert
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Resident Evil, Dawn of the Dead, 28 Days Later.

Post by dpurgert » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:22 am

Horatio_Tyllis wrote:
cv66er wrote:
Dawgboy wrote:I knew a chick that carried a dog in her purse, everywhere... It was a tiny little Yorkie and it went literally everywhere with her...
I prefer oatmeal bars. You don't need to waste time butchering, building a fire, etc.
Sigging that. Edit: I can't sig that and keep the stuff i want to keep. :(
well, then I'll sig it. :lol:
Dawgboy: I knew a chick that carried a dog in her purse, everywhere... It was a tiny little Yorkie and it went literally everywhere with her...
cv66er: I prefer oatmeal bars. You don't need to waste time butchering, building a fire, etc.

Signmaker

Post by Signmaker » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:50 pm

A guy who carried a loaded G19 mag in his EDC bag.

He carried a revolver, and did not own a G19, or any other Glock or semi-auto.

His revolver was one of those Taurus 9mm snub jobs. He showed me how he could reload the cylinder by thumbing the rounds out of the Glock mag right into the chamber.

MasterMaker

Post by MasterMaker » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:15 pm

Not really that bad of an idea though...
Whatever works!

Content before Form
Action before Intention
Intention before Appearance

Freedom as far as you can take it without it being a hindrance to the freedom of others and voluntarity trumps all other considerations

azrael99
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, 28 days later, Zombieland, World war Z (when it gonna be out)

Post by azrael99 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:11 pm

I always have : lighter , flashlight and a knife , for other that is weird
"We stopped to look for monster under the bed , the day we realized that they were inside us"

Return to “Survival Experiences”