It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:06 pm 

Damn...
I would pay good money to watch somebody try to answer a magazine...
but then again I'm a twisted asshole like that :twisted:

ATEi

RIP- FiftySticks

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:11 am 

I keep my AR on my side of the bed. Mag loaded, chamber not, safety on.
I see no reason to keep one in the chamber. I will lose more time getting my light on and on a target than I would chambering a round.
And shooting a target you haven't ID'd is never a good idea.

azstinger wrote:
Jeriah wrote:
Anyone who sleeps with a gun under their pillow must do a lot less late-night tossing and turning, pillow-rearranging, and late-night "wake up, you're my wife, it's your job" activities than I do. Anything I left under my pillow would be on the floor, under a blanket, or lodged behind the bed, well before morning.

Lol am I the only one who caught that?

Nope. Saw that.
Must be luckier than me.
My wife has a shotgun on her side of the bed.
I have no illusions what she would do if I tried that stunt. :shock:
:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:03 pm 

I keep one within arm's reach, under the edge of the bed directly under me. I keep it in my carry holster, unchambered. I always keep it unchambered when I'm not wearing it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:49 pm 

Not a chance. I'm too active of a sleeper to even think of it. When I am in bed I keep a cocked and locked 1911 with a weapon light on the nightstand and a loaded 870 on top of the bookshelf. I've been thinking about getting a more sturdy bedroom door just for an extra measure of security.

I think teaching kids about guns should be started at a very young age. My 5 yr old learned a lot by watch the NRA Eddie the Eagle videos on you tube and we talk about gun safety all the time.

OP I hope your buddy pulls his head out of his ass.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SEMPER FI

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:10 am 

Takaaco78 wrote:
My question is how many people out there sleep with guns under their pillow? and why? I live pretty far out in the country and he is a city boy. My only guess is he thought a bear might break into the house and ass rape him in his sleep and therefore needed protection. Now I sleep with a Glock also but mine in in a push button pistol safe under the bed.

I don't know anyone who does this and this goes against everything I've ever learned about gun safety. Unless you live under constant threat of midnight assassination or something, I don't see a good reason to do this.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:18 am 

When I get home and the G30 comes off, it goes in my nightstand. I've spent a lot of time sleeping in sleeping bags with guns, but they were always long guns, kept on safe, with my arms through the sling and the weapon hugged to my body. IMHO a pistol under a pillow is asking for trouble.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:50 pm 

I couldn't possibly sleep with a gun literally under my pillow. Just seems so wrong, and so tin foil hat-ish. I have a hard enough time keeping my pillows and sheets on my bed when I'm tossing in turning in my sleep.

I'm a nightstand guy, always in the same place, always within arms reach.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:16 pm 

Someone should do a 'under the pillow' kydex hoster which would make it more comftable and safe :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:44 am 

Sworbeyegib wrote:
I couldn't possibly sleep with a gun literally under my sea horse pillow. Just seems so wrong, and so tin foil hat-ish. I have a hard enough time keeping my pillows and sheets on my bed when I'm tossing in turning in my sleep.

From this forum, i came to know that best place to hide the gun is under your pillow.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:43 am 

clet123 wrote:
Sworbeyegib wrote:
I couldn't possibly sleep with a gun literally under my sea horse pillow. Just seems so wrong, and so tin foil hat-ish. I have a hard enough time keeping my pillows and sheets on my bed when I'm tossing in turning in my sleep.

From this forum, i came to know that best place to hide the gun is under your pillow.

And are restless sleepers :ohdear: . Quit dreaming of the zombies. :awesome:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:25 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

I have not ever slept with a pistol underneath the pillow. I have done, like many here, slept with a rifle in my sleeping (mostly to keep the DS from getting it).
I keep my pistol on my nightstand in a holster on the pistol belt (because I don't wear a belt to bed and tucking a pistol into drawstring shorts sucks :rofl: ). AR is inbetween the nightstand and the bed on safe and unchambered, in case the safety somehow gets pushed to fire and the cat decides to try and surprise me by pulling the trigger with his paw :crazy:

When I spend the night at someone else's house, I either suck it up and wear my holster while sleeping, or it's in a pocket holster in the shorts I'm sleeping in.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:52 pm 

My dad slept with a gun under his pillow even on my parents honeymoon, a little over 9 months later I was born! Now I know why i like guns!

I toss and turn all night, I keep it in the nightstand.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:13 pm 

I always have a loaded firearm within arms length. When I was AD I slept with a 1911 in a shoulder holster (our glorious leader had us sleeping almost fully clothed, and whenever possible with our boots as well) and my M16 next to me either in the sleeping bag (if we had the correct bag for the climate) or at least under my poncho and liner.

Now that I am out....my EDC (Currently a Wilson Commander 1911 in .45ACP) goes onto the night stand next to the bed. There is a shotgun and AR in the closet whenever we are sleeping. As soon as we get up for the day, we put the long guns in the safe and strap on the EDC gear.

It is a hard and fast rule.....no firearms loaded or unloaded are to be left laying around without adult supervision.

Our grandchildren know not to go into our bedroom or the "gun room" without permission. They are 17, 5,4 and 3 and all of them have been taught to leave guns alone. Heck my daughter and son still will not go into our bedroom without permission.

No way would I leave any of them with a firearm of any type, even when we go to the range and adult is always with them or the firearms go back into the truck and the kids go with the adult. The 17 year old is very responsible has her own set of firearms (2 pistols and four long guns) and goes hunting with me every year but still it is better to be safe than sorry. Like I tell her and the rest of the kids, it is not that I do not trust you, it is your friends that I do not trust.

Also there are way to many disapproving eyes out there with cells phones and twitchy fingers.......been there done that already. Thankfully the LEO was professional and it ended well.

Now days kids and firearms do not mix well. Back in the "good old days" it was in a way a "right of passage.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:09 pm 

I do sleep with my Browning under my pillow. I rarely toss and turn during the night, I have a very quiet sleep, so it has never been an issue.
Shotgun sits locked and loaded in a nearby closet.
Flashlight and spare pistol magazine sit right by my cellphone on mthe little table besides my bed

In my country home intrusions are serious business (well, I gues everywhere) but here they tend to get pretty violent pretty fast. Even if my whole house has thick square steel bar grates in every window and all doors are made of steel, thugs do open those doors, forcibly or not. So I keep my pistol quite close.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:41 am 
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

I have never slept with a gun under my pillow.

I have slept with a gun in my sleeping bag, because Senior NCO's would come around at night and relieve anyone of their weapon who didn't have it secured in the field.

My Guide to Primitive Fletching
Cymro wrote:
Seriously, I'm not sure I'd fuck with Ad'lan if he had his bow with him. I just don't see that ending well.

Please Check out my PAW Story, Fagin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:11 pm 

On top of the nightstand, with my glasses and phones.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:01 pm 

For a minute I thought this thread was about keeping a firearm under your pillow.
Then I came to my senses as that's crazy sauce.
:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:02 am 

Ad'lan wrote:

I have slept with a gun in my sleeping bag, because Senior NCO's would come around at night and relieve anyone of their weapon who didn't have it secured in the field.

There's this bear guide I know who sleeps with a gun in his sleeping bag when out on a hunt. He started after he woke up one night being drug out of the cabin by a bear while he was still in his sleeping bag. He couldn't get to his gun as he was being pulled away from it and he was all bound up. He hollered and his client woke up and shot the bear.

It happened to him a second time, and that time he was sleeping with his chest holster on and he shot the bear through the sleeping bag as it drug him out of the cabin.

Maybe he just needs to invest in a better cabin door. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:19 am 

quazi wrote:
Ad'lan wrote:

There's this bear guide I know who sleeps with a gun in his sleeping bag when out on a hunt. He started after he woke up one night being drug out of the cabin by a bear while he was still in his sleeping bag. He couldn't get to his gun as he was being pulled away from it and he was all bound up. He hollered and his client woke up and shot the bear.

It happened to him a second time, and that time he was sleeping with his chest holster on and he shot the bear through the sleeping bag as it drug him out of the cabin.

Maybe he just needs to invest in a better cabin door. :lol:

Sounds like an exciting career.
Maybe not everyone's cup of tea tho.
:D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:36 am 
BANNED

if there's no rd in the chamber, why risk forgetting the safety when you DO chamber a rd? nothing is added by having the safety engaged and it might slow you down when you need to fire swiftly. I keep a pistol between mattress and box spring. The rifle stays well-hidden in the vehicle. The AR's safety is not nearly as "handy" to use as is the speed safety of a good 1911. If you use the latter and have learned to leave your thumb atop the safety while firing, you wont fail to disengage it when you need the gun in a hurry. The first rd can stay chambered if you have to get up, lift the mattress to access the gun. Chambering and unchambering rds is a good way to have an ND, (or forget the load the chamber when you go out and about) and it's unnecessary. I used to dryfire a lot, but its dangerous as hell, and unnecesary/ineffective. Just get a $100 airsoft replica of your pistol. Suspend a sheet to catch the pellets and funnel them down into a bucket.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:31 pm 

Holy crap, How's it going John? Long time no see...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5