Stopped a Robbery Attempt on me 01/30/12

Share a survival experience with us and explain what you learned from it. You might help someone.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

maldon007
Favorite Zombie Movies: Most of the older stuff, newer stuff just doesnt cut it fsr...

Re: Stopped a Robbery Attempt on me 01/30/12

Post by maldon007 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:49 am

Working with heavy equiptment for many years, I have had the "opportunity" to have various amounts of Diesel spilled on my person... Let me tell you, if you literally covered him in it, face/head/body, he may be wishing you pulled the spartan & sliced him up a bit instead. The one time I got a face full, I had a splitting headache for a week (pills did little for it), fuzzy vision for a couple of days, and just felt like total crap for at least a week.

Oh yeah, another time I got a tiny bit in my mouth (siphoning out a tank, yeah I know), I had heart burn & diesel burps for days... Not to mention the taste that DOES NOT GO AWAY for a long time... and the smell.

You at least taught him a valuable lesson to wait till his victim is finished fueling their car, before attempting the theft :lol:

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:35 am

If you ask me the robber was successful. Diesel here is about $3.65 a gallon. He got your money after all! :lol:

Utah_ZHunter
Favorite Zombie Movies: YES!

Post by Utah_ZHunter » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:34 am

Big Boy wrote:If you ask me the robber was successful. Diesel here is about $3.65 a gallon. He got your money after all! :lol:
That probly costs less than defending himself in court right now. :lol:
Most comertial pumps run at 60 to 70 GPM. so 4 to 5 gal. worth it!!
If at first you don't succeed, double-tap. Zombie Squad Fast Response Vehicle #0317
Lead, follow, or get out of the way. I don't care, just don't be on the cellphone when your doing it.
Why Yes, I am a Super-Trucker
Dexion1619 wrote:Oh god, I just realized I'm Fry from futurama! **Face-Palm**

Mighty Hd

Post by Mighty Hd » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:04 am

TexasOilOutlaw wrote:I'm not sure if this is the right sub-forum to post this, but here goes. Yesterday, approx 0445 am, I was on my way to work and stopped by the gas station to fuel up my work truck. I'm usually pretty good about checking my surroundings, and being aware of my immediate personal space. I was topping off the diesel in my work truck and heard, or thought I heard, "give me your money". I still had the knozzle in hand when I turned around, and saw ( what I would describe as a CRACKHEAD), with his hand in his pocket. He repeated his initial request, this time adding a "motherfucker", to his sentence. He was standing about 4-5 feet from me. I immediately recognized the threat, and was going to oblige him, with a knozzle to the head. When I gripped as hard as i could, started heading towards him, fuel (diesel) began to He began to back up. I continued toward him, covering him from head to toe in diesel, until I ran out of hose and he was sprinting full force into the darkness. This all happened in about a 30 second period of time. As quickly as possible, i jumped into my truck, pulled into more light and called 911.

I was in my company truck, and it is against policy to carry any weapons, especially handguns. I waited for over 10 minutes, waiting for the Police to show up, and eventually left. I did not want to wait around for this guy to come back, and I also was headed on a 3.5 hour drive to work. Thinking back on it, I wish that I had drawn my knife, a Cold Steel Spartan, but I had to work with what was in my hand.

Feel free to add imput or criticism.

Glad you're ok...but is the company policy worth your life?

Not mine.

Carry regardless of policy, it's not worth your life my friend. Keep your mouth shut and don't tell a soul; concealed means concealed.

Happy Go Lucky
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, I'll add more as they come to me.....

Post by Happy Go Lucky » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:53 pm

Thye earlier comment on the environmental aspect also crossed my mind. Not intending a political jibe, but the owner of the franchise, or some other entity, may consider the spillage a big deal. Since the police never followed up you may want to just keep the whole event on the "down low" and avoid being identified with the event. The whole thing could become a significant hassle for you.

On the other hand, I love your use of an improvised weapon.
Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.
Barry Goldwater

TexasOilOutlaw

Stopped a Robbery Attempt on me 01/30/12

Post by TexasOilOutlaw » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:03 am

Believe me, I would love nothing more, than to carry. However, at anytime, our company and customers will lock down a location and conduct vehicle searches. It has happened more times than I can count.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.424753,-97.150403" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mr.Pliskin

Post by Mr.Pliskin » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:39 am

Happy Go Lucky wrote:Thye earlier comment on the environmental aspect also crossed my mind. Not intending a political jibe, but the owner of the franchise, or some other entity, may consider the spillage a big deal. Since the police never followed up you may want to just keep the whole event on the "down low" and avoid being identified with the event. The whole thing could become a significant hassle for you.

On the other hand, I love your use of an improvised weapon.
I was at a gas station filling up and aparantly the pumps were broken. probably around 10 or so gallons overflowed out of my tank and on the ground. When I told the attendant she told me its been happening all day. :roll: No call from the Govt

On topic "sorta" my work has a strict no carry policy and 2 of my bosses carry at work. Just because its company policy dosent mean its law. Decide whats more important to you and the consequence of not having a gun.

Kyle Ryder
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn
Day
Land
G.E Romero films :)

Post by Kyle Ryder » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:24 pm

zombie_kibble wrote:i have the same company policy of no weapons..this is why i think its a stupid policy
I've learned they typically do that because of insurance more than 2nd amendment hating, usually.
I think some firm's can get you a waiver?

Glad the OP is ok. Hopefully that meth-degen has learned his lesson...

razi

Post by razi » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:49 am

You did the right thing.

Not everyone is afraid of a knife, but damn near everyone is afraid of fire and immolation- it's one of those reactionary self-defense responses that is reinforced by the movies constantly, truth be damned. You pulling a knife, regardless of your own personal training, could have been much more costly than a gallon or two of diesel. No one wins in a knife fight.

Return to “Survival Experiences”