last laugh car break in

Share a survival experience with us and explain what you learned from it. You might help someone.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Privateer73
Favorite Zombie Movies: Walking Dead, Resident Evil

last laugh car break in

Post by Privateer73 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:39 am

Let me preface this with a note on our security practices. We have always checked and recheckd every door window and car is secure every night since we moved into suburban hell here. This morning coffee in hand and running late as usual I come out to head to work. I immediately notice the rear hatch on the van is cracked and everything inside is rolled. They went through every compartment drink holder and even my bob and tackle box nothing is missing! My emergency cell phone is still there all of my gear is dumped even my knives are ok. I keep a ziplock full of quarters in my daypack still there! However and this is where organization comes into play one bottle of water was gone from the check list later found half empty in the niebors yard. Must have been kids looking for easily pawned stuff or pills. The last laugh is mine though my fishing rod which I normally remove any hooks or lures from was in there and in a hurry I didnt remove the tiny torpedo last fishing trip. Funny thing is I notice the line is stretched across the yard so I feel it in and find a blood stained lure on the end lol. Hope the assholes get tetnus from that razor sharp little hook in their arse. Im just dissapointed I didn't see them running away with the drag on the reel singing lol I would have loved to set the hook on em and let the cops come "how did you catch them sir well you got to let them run a bit then set the hook and play em hard "lol

Alls well and the water bottle is off to the lab for prints though I'm not counting on any justice I'll deal my own if I do get a bite!

Cheers!
jamoni wrote:
Privateer73 wrote:The most prepared man in the zpaw.
"I don't always kill zombies in the apocalypse, but when I do, I wear a Zombie Squad T-shirt."
My bob (bugout bike) on a budget project.
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 45&t=88262

Meat N' Taters

Re: last laugh car break in

Post by Meat N' Taters » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:54 am

Next time replace the stock hooks with Gamakatsus. :twisted:

KentsOkay
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead

Post by KentsOkay » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:13 am

Meat N' Taters wrote:Next time replace the stock hooks with Gamakatsus. :twisted:
I thought the same, just with Eagle Claw on the end... You know, the ones with three barbs on them.

:gonk: :cry:

:lol:
0122358 wrote:so we moved a thread to maintain OPSEC on a fictional vid game so our team doesnt get kill as easily by possible spies...fuckin sweet

Unofficial FB for ZSC XXX http://www.facebook.com/groups/156431031119773

Meat N' Taters

Post by Meat N' Taters » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:23 am

KentsOkay wrote:
Meat N' Taters wrote:Next time replace the stock hooks with Gamakatsus. :twisted:
I thought the same, just with Eagle Claw on the end... You know, the ones with three barbs on them.

:gonk: :cry:

:lol:
oh god those multibarbed worm hooks. Ouch :gonk:

KentsOkay
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead

Post by KentsOkay » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:39 am

>guy shows up at the hospital

Umm, I got hooked on something, it needs removed

>nurse glances at wound, notices fishing line leading out the door and far away
0122358 wrote:so we moved a thread to maintain OPSEC on a fictional vid game so our team doesnt get kill as easily by possible spies...fuckin sweet

Unofficial FB for ZSC XXX http://www.facebook.com/groups/156431031119773

Privateer73

Post by Privateer73 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:02 am

ROFLMAO better with a sheriff walking up reeling the line in! I caught a big trash fish could you help me get the hook out?
jamoni wrote:
"I don't always kill zombies in the apocalypse, but when I do, I wear a Zombie Squad T-shirt."

Meat N' Taters

Post by Meat N' Taters » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:11 am

Tiny torpedo...were you trout/red fishing?

maldon007
Favorite Zombie Movies: Most of the older stuff, newer stuff just doesnt cut it fsr...

Post by maldon007 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:11 am

Nice catch! :?

...I didnt notice, did you figure out you forgot to lock it? Or was it a break in?

Btw, recent losses for me include- GPS (2) Stroller ($500) :(

Snapcat

Post by Snapcat » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:53 pm

Could it have been an animal? Like a really smart raccoon with a set of tools? It's weird that nothing of value was taken but to an animal the only thing valueable would be food and water.

Privateer73

Post by Privateer73 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:13 pm

I found some marks on the passenger door where they slim jimed it luckily they didnt break the lock or scratch it up to bad. I have been fishing for largemouth bass the torpedo seems to work well around here when its hot and still. I have since figured out that when i came out to the garage for a midnight smoke and to check ZS on my phone i must have disturbed them, That or they are just plain stupid probally a grand worth of gear and tools for work but no small electronics so i hope it was worth it cause the patrol officer is pissed now second breakin on our street when his partner is supposed to be patrolling.
jamoni wrote:

pj_01

Post by pj_01 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:59 pm

most likey they where going through your stuff then when they hooked themselves on your fishing pole they just didnt care any more. they probably found the bottle of water to wash the injury and had thrown the hook to the side. that would fill in the gaps to why everything was still there and why they didnt take anything.

i know if i was the kid and found a pack full of goodies i would swipe that thing.

i dont keep a gun in my equipment for that reason. my stuff in my car is my secondary/old gear and my primary stuff is stacked on the shelf in the garage ready to go.

RoneKiln

Post by RoneKiln » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:10 am

I'm amazed the cops bothered to even check the bottle for prints. I've never lived anywhere that the police would even bother to show up for a car getting broken into. They just ask you if you need a report number for any insurance claims when you call them.

Though I have to give awesome credit to Eugene OR's department for going above and beyond to both find and return a stolen bike to me once.
"Seriously the most dangerous thing you are likely to do is to put salt on a Big Mac right before you eat it and to climb into your car."
--Raptor

Prepared American

Post by Prepared American » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:28 am

RoneKiln wrote:I'm amazed the cops bothered to even check the bottle for prints. I've never lived anywhere that the police would even bother to show up for a car getting broken into. They just ask you if you need a report number for any insurance claims when you call them.

Though I have to give awesome credit to Eugene OR's department for going above and beyond to both find and return a stolen bthatike to me once.
If that is the case you live in the wrong place. While not always as effective as victims would like vehicle break ins get investigated and now and then solved with an arrest made, and before you try the small town thing, keep in mind my area does include a top 25 most dangerous places in America. You should organize and demand that your local law enforcement do their jobs. I know my area would.

OT I feel your pain, I within the last year had a window of my truck broke out, they rifled through the center console and left my Steiner binocs, ESEE 5, and E and E kit laying in the driver seat, and my GHB and TRT gear in the back seat untouched. In the end they took my Garmin Nuvi and 2 quarters for the soda machine next to my parked truck. PD came and investigated, including the Crime Scene guys (professional curtousy) . Of course no arrest or recovery of my Garmin or soda money.

Oh to add insult to injury the people that fixed my drivers door window forgot to vacuum some of the glass out of the inner door and a few days later I shut the door and kfb the window shatters.
Hoping to bring back common sense to the prepping community.
dogbane wrote:It's not your post count, it's making posts count.

Privateer73

Post by Privateer73 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:06 am

Well I do have a small update one of the kids in the area was involved with some pretty bad kids, I have since convinced him to enlist and try to make a career for himself. Last weekend while I was taking him to see his recruiting officer he tells me the address of the kids who have been breaking in to cars all over the area. It seems the were dealing out of their house and using the stuff they stole to finance the operations. One call to our friendly officer with names and details and as of yesterday 3 of the little rats have been arrested. Of course only a couple of people have gotten anything back but at least the problem is partially solved.

Cheers!
jamoni wrote:

razi

Post by razi » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:20 am

nice job getting the guys! if only it were that easy everywhere.

TravisM.1

Post by TravisM.1 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:32 pm

I sold my soul to the devil for a .45, a black cowboy hat and a switchblade knife.......

SiXiam

Post by SiXiam » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:53 pm

Privateer73 wrote:Well I do have a small update one of the kids in the area was involved with some pretty bad kids, I have since convinced him to enlist and try to make a career for himself. Last weekend while I was taking him to see his recruiting officer he tells me the address of the kids who have been breaking in to cars all over the area. It seems the were dealing out of their house and using the stuff they stole to finance the operations. One call to our friendly officer with names and details and as of yesterday 3 of the little rats have been arrested. Of course only a couple of people have gotten anything back but at least the problem is partially solved.

Cheers!
razi wrote:nice job getting the guys! if only it were that easy everywhere.
Wow! There is a major lesson here. By helping some kid (in a bad place) to improve his life you have decreased crime in your area, recovered peoples stolen goods, and possibly caught the suspect that broke into your vehicle! I am impressed! By any chance did any of the arrested have a recent injury? About the size of your fishing hook! :D

Return to “Survival Experiences”