My Job, My Hell...

Share a survival experience with us and explain what you learned from it. You might help someone.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

emclean
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido
Zombieland

Re: My Job, My Hell...

Post by emclean » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:56 am

you should have bought 2 tickets to John Wick 3, and handed her one.

Laager

Post by Laager » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:08 pm

I briefly considered it, then figured she had me fair and square and I can always use the brownie points.

Good thing I did since “I evidently caused a scene at the DMV this morning. Dean’s sister called her and she drove down.

New Mexico allowed illegals to obtain NM drivers licenses so now U.S. Citizens and legal immigrants have to get a new DL called the NM Real ID.

It supposedly has a star in it so citizens and legal residents can use it to fly.

I don’t care since I use one of my four military iDs or passport when I fly.

After waiting for an hour it seemed that I had more than enough documentation to obtain an illegal alien NM DL but not enough for a NM Real ID.

I told them I wanted the illegal NM DL, since I already spent an hour or so waiting.

That’s when the argument started.

Lil brought the extra documents so I could get a NM Real ID but I don’t want one I wanted the illegal one.

I’m entitled to one based on the documentation requirements and I do not use it to travel so why can’t I have one.

Nothing in the rules says I cannot have one so I refused to leave and return with even more documentation I order to get something I do not need or want.

Needless to say Lil said we will talk when she gets home from town.

The female clerks started giggling. Darn small home towns every one knows everyone and there is no suck thing as privacy when you are related to 3/4 of the freaking town.

I’m considering kicking Dean in the crotch.......
“Complacency kills. Paranoia is the reason I’m still alive.” If we do happen to make contact, I expect nothing less than gratuitous violence from the lot of ya.

SAEP

Post by SAEP » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:24 am

"After waiting for an hour it seemed that I had more than enough documentation to obtain an illegal alien NM DL but not enough for a NM Real ID.

I told them I wanted the illegal NM DL, since I already spent an hour or so waiting.

That’s when the argument started."

So, please fill us all in on the argument. I can just hear it.

"How do you know I'm NOT an illegal alien? You can't ask me if I am. Are you making a racist assumption?"

The possibilities for humor seem endless.

Laager

Post by Laager » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:01 pm

Does the phrase “see this is the reason you cant carry on a normal conversation” count, and that was from the DMV clerk.

Then of course one is talking to me in Spanish the other is talking to me in English or Spanglish, then Lil shows up with my favorite Granddaughter who takes a seat in what have now become viewing stands and proudly says “that’s my Pops” as Lil starts talking In Spanish, English and Tagalog.

With a few “why aren’t you listening to me”? Thrown in at me....of course I’m getting increasingly aggravated as Intry to make sense out of who is saying what to whom and I what language.

Of course we have now gone from a three way conversation to a five way conversation with occasional help/input from the peanut gallery, aimed at me, Lil, the DMV clerks, the granddaughter and other people in the peanut gallery.

It doesn’t help when James’ wife Susan comes in, and joins in with her .02 cents worth.

As in see this is why you can’t let him go anywhere without adult supervision. They both need adult supervision.

Her negative nickname is Clinger....as in a female or male that gets into a relationship and “clings” to their partner. Then again she knows James way to well and seems to know when he is fixing to get a little pay back and manages to shut him down.

What in the darling heck is she talking about? I’m in my 60’s, have travelled the freaking globe, gone into some of the nastiest places and come out still alive. Adult Suoervision my farming rear end.

The only thing missing from this circus was the popcorn, cotton candy and pop to drink.

Eventually I just walk over to a chair next to Poppet and sat down and let the five women talk it out.

My choice for adult supervision was Lil or Poppet. I choose Poppet. I finished my want to do list and then we went to the range for awhile and then to Tulie Freeze for ice cream.

What really chapped my rear end is that on the NM DMV website it does not say that a U.S. Citizens can not get the non citizens DL.

I even pointed it out, only to be told that I needed a NM Real ID DL I order to fly. I have four military ID cards and a farming passport that I use to travel with. So who cares about the DL being used to travel?
“Complacency kills. Paranoia is the reason I’m still alive.” If we do happen to make contact, I expect nothing less than gratuitous violence from the lot of ya.

Laager

Post by Laager » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:03 pm

Laager wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:01 pm
Does the phrase “see this is the reason you cant carry on a normal conversation” count, and that was from the DMV clerk.

Then of course one is talking to me in Spanish the other is talking to me in English or Spanglish, then Lil shows up with my favorite Granddaughter who takes a seat in what have now become viewing stands and proudly says “that’s my Pops” as Lil starts talking In Spanish, English and Tagalog.

With a few “why aren’t you listening to me”? Thrown in at me....of course I’m getting increasingly aggravated as Intry to make sense out of who is saying what to whom and I what language.

Of course we have now gone from a three way conversation to a five way conversation with occasional help/input from the peanut gallery, aimed at me, Lil, the DMV clerks, the granddaughter and other people in the peanut gallery.

It doesn’t help when James’ wife Susan comes in, and joins in with her .02 cents worth.

As in see this is why you can’t let him go anywhere without adult supervision. They both need adult supervision.

Her negative nickname is Clinger....as in a female or male that gets into a relationship and “clings” to their partner. Then again she knows James way to well and seems to know when he is fixing to get a little pay back and manages to shut him down.

What in the darling heck is she talking about? I’m in my 60’s, have travelled the freaking globe, gone into some of the nastiest places and come out still alive. Adult Suoervision my farming rear end.

The only thing missing from this circus was the popcorn, cotton candy and pop to drink.

Eventually I just walk over to a chair next to Poppet and sat down and let the five women talk it out.

My choice for adult supervision was Lil or Poppet. I choose Poppet. I finished my want to do list and then we went to the range for awhile and then to Tulie Freeze for ice cream.

What really chapped my rear end is that on the NM DMV website it does not say that a U.S. Citizens can not get the non citizens DL.

I even pointed it out, only to be told that I needed a NM Real ID DL I order to fly. I have four military ID cards and a farming passport that I use to travel with. So who cares about the DL being used to travel?
“To obtain a REAL ID driver’s license, you will need to bring the following documents to any MVD Field Office:
• One (1) proof of identification number, and
• One (1) proof of identity, and
• Two (2) proofs of New Mexico residency.

To obtain a driving authorization card, you will need to bring the following documents to any MVD Field Office:
• One (1) proof of identity and age, and
• Two (2) proofs of New Mexico residency.”

Laager

Post by Laager » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:12 pm

And here is the part that really chapped my rear end: “When you renew your current New Mexico license, you will need to choose which credential you will be applying for and bring the required documents. To obtain a Real ID license or ID card, you must present proof of identity, proof of identity number and two proofs of address in person at the MVD one time, even if you did so prior to Real ID implementation.”

Evidently everyone else gets a choice but me....

Lil then poked the already aggravated crabby vet by then asking me if while we were already there I wanted to get a NM Disabled Veteran license plate. Promoting Poppet to mumble what I believe was an “Oh shit Rollo”.

I just gritted my teeth and said No thank you......

Before I managed to toss Poppet in the truck and make my escape Lil and Susan stopped by to ask me why I do I have to always start stuff.....

I’m blaming this all on the Skunk and her cousin (the other DMV clerk), then again it was a free show.

I did have to pick up Lil and Susan (along with Poppet and take them to get their nails done. Where evidently you can not tell a female (Susan) that her eyebrows are way over grown and are heading towards a unibrow.

Ended up with nothing to read but female magazines and ignoring the angry glares from other female patrons.

Laager

Post by Laager » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:59 pm

I did manage to get sent away by closing my eyes and field stripping imaginary firearms. It was the AR/M16 that got me out the door.....

Along with Poppet saying “Pops, what are you doing?”

Me: Waiting In you ladies.

Poppet: No with your hands.

Me: oh, uhhhh just practicing field stopping an At/M16 platform.

Lil: Yobo Ko, please go to the Sonic North of town and get us some drinks. We should be done when you get back.

Me: what’s wrong with the Sonic over there?

Poppet: Pops it’s because the north one is farther away.

Me: Under my breath....works for me as I whistle my way out the door.

Laager

Post by Laager » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:55 pm

It just never ends.......

Lil, Poppet and I went out to the local military post. There was a sale in Optics, ammo and accessories.

Well missed it by one day so since I wanted a new EoTech XPS I just told the guy to pull one out. Sale price was $499.00usd with no tax.

Regular price was $556.00usd without tax.

Poppet: Pops, did you get the sale price?

Me: No missed it by a day.

Poppet: Sir, do you price match?

Clerk: Yes ma’am we do.

Poppet: Just a second.

Me: Is that a new IPhone?

Poppet: yes, yes it is. Rollos bought it for me. Sir, is this the same EoTech model?

Clerk: after looking at her phone. Yes ma’am and we will match that price.

I bought it for $425.00usd with no tax.

Poppet: Pops, you need to check for things like that. I saved you $131.00usd.

Me: Yes, yes you certainly did.

Poppet: Since you have found money, I could use some new shoes......

Evidently found money is immediately spendable or something like that.....

Laager

Post by Laager » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:29 pm

A few months ago while we were all having a family dinner. Poppet asked me to go to school with her for Show and Tell.

For some odd reason every female at the table screamed NO!!!!

It was then determined that Sam would go and I could go to the gun store.

I did however go to Juniors school a few times and after I caused a scene concerning a egg McMuffin meal and a lazy school counselor. I was persona non grata at the high school and then our sons school.

Junior turned in a paper that had been assigned and she said something about me. I believe it had something to do with write the way you talk. Junior was talking in pidgin English like the locals. I said no, and made her write it like you want to go to a good college.

Her teacher said don’t worry to much about it. I
Went to Ewa Beach Elementary with your Father and I know exactly what you are talking about.

She then said he has mellowed a lot since then. Junior received a “A” in that class. Then again she was an “A” student anyway.

Laager

Post by Laager » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:46 am

Ended up with a new XPS EoTech and a pair of Pink Converse High Tops.

Laager

Post by Laager » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:13 pm

Heading out to a wedding, I have been told in no uncertain terms by every female in my family (the ones that matter anyway), including one of my granddaughters that I will be on my best behavior.

I'm always on my best behavior around people I like, so I should be good to go at this wedding and the few days that run up to and follow the actual wedding.

Thankfully Dean is going as well.

I should be back sometime next week.

Take care and stay safe.

Laager

Post by Laager » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:55 pm

Oh boy.......I should have avoided that wedding like it was going to be really, really bad. It was.....oh boy was it.

First night, Susan and I, Dean and his wife as well as Padilla and his wife all decided to attend. Well it was some white boy (not related to any of us at all), that was trying to marry in to Dean's family.

My first thought upon seeing this kid......what a farking weasel. Then I met him, and well I did a serious disservice to weasels everywhere, including cartoon weasels. I had a momentary though, okay it lasted longer than a moment and pretty much stretched out till the "MAIN EVENT" hit the floor.

Something about this boy just caused the hairs on my neck to stand up and shy away from him whenever he came over towards me. I promptly left if he started heading my way.

Located what I thought would be a great place to hide out (evidently the female latrine was inop), so I waited till no one was araound and ducked in. Only to find Dean, Billy and some other men hiding out in the female latrine. Oh and they had an ice chest of cold beer. So after a brief struggle to stay or not to stay, I'm in like Flint.

If seems that none of the guys I considered family like this weasel, of course my Father and Mother love him to death.

25 year old male, working as a car hop at Sonic for a living....been working the same job since 9th grade.

Anyway while hiding in the latrine we hear a verbal altercation and the temp is rising and an astronomical rate.

Becky found us and told me to get out there and do something.

Me: I don't want too>

Becky: We don't care, get up and get out there and fix this. *sniff* *sniff* *sniff* have you been drinking already?

Me: Me drinking? Why yes, yes I have and I'm just about ready to set sail. I'm three sheets into the wind and heading directly for a shipwreck.

Becky: Stay here....all of you stay right here. I will right back.

True to her word, she was right back....unfortunately she brought all of our wives. Some of whom immediately grabbed their spouses ears and started dragging them out....by the ear.

Lil: Told me she was giving me a mission. I was to go over there and talk that deadbeat moron into calming down. The only problem, as I pointed out is that I did not want to, but in fear for my ear I told her that I would do my absolutely best to accomplish said mission.

I then asked for the OPPRD to which one of the wives said something along the lines of he's drunker than they are....OPORD my ass.....I replied with OPORD your fat ass.....and started laughing.

Then Lil called me over for a private converstation, bottom line suck it up and get the job done. Get over there and talk that moron down and separate the bride and groom.

Roger that and off I went. Unfortunately once I reached my assignment a fight between the bride and the groom.

More to follow

Laager

Post by Laager » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:40 pm

Well not really knowing what to do (see previous lack of OPORD), I returned to my previous location to talk to Lil.

Now I will admit I have been to some family reunions (ok, most of them end up with drunken fights, to include both blunt weapons, edged weapons and on an occasion or two firearms of different types. Evidently He needed killing is still a good reason to give it a shot or two) but I have never been to a wedding were the bride and groom trade blows.

When I got to Lil, she still wanted me to do something and I could only tell her that she told me I was to be on my best behavior and that I was pretty sure this was some kind of Klingon wedding/breeding ritual.

When that failed I said, some kind of a "thing".

Needless to say that failed too.

So I reached into her purse (I had been frisked by Lil earlier and relieved of all blunt, edged and projectile weapons) and grabbed her phone and dialed 911.

Cops came, arrested both the bride and groom along with a few of the parents and some of the other people were taken in and released later that night.

The next morning (while the bride and groom were still in jail, awaiting bail I guess) Billy said he thought I was going to jump in, to which I said nope. Best behavior I said......

My brother Gabby told me he was absolutely shocked to his very core at my behavior.

I had to do a replay to see what horrible thing I could have done.

Check list:

Didn't get into a physical fight.
Did not spray anyone with mace or bear spray or even household cleaners.
Did not stab or cut anyone.
Did not shoot anyone.

So I had to ask......

He told me that to the best of his knowledge I had never, ever, in all my life called the police (911).

I had to think about it and then said yep. Your are right...guess there is a first for everything.

Somehow as usual it was my fault. The wedding believe it or not still occurred, although the judicious use of makeup did not take all the bruises away. I did get some ugly looks, but I just smiled and tapped my waist.

Of course there were a lot of why did you do that? Questions.

I'm thinking that I'm a tad bit to old to wrestle with some 19/20 year old punk with my bare hands. So since someone wanted me to do something, I called the cops.

Personally it would not surprise me for this marriage to end shortly and in violence.

Then again what do I know.....other than it was oddly relieving to call the cops and have them show up and thump some heads.

Mad Mike
Favorite Zombie Movies: the walking dead & world war Z

Post by Mad Mike » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:50 pm

no divorce required if one of the parties is dead.... :mrgreen:

Laager

Post by Laager » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:26 pm

My money is on her winning, since she seems to have kicked his rear end at the pre wedding dinner/drunken brawl. As well as being active duty Army and and avid hunter. He barely seems to know which end of the firearm is the more dangerous end and seems to lack basic life skills or at least skills I consider basic.

Lil said it is a different strokes for different folks kind of thing. Personally, I would have packed my stuff and left, no way would I want to be in a relationship with a drunken fool. Also after thinking it over for the past couple of days, I just do not see them actually being that darn drunk. I know both of them like to drink, and seem to be able to handle more than a few drinks.

Requests were made and ignored, voices became louder and louder and then talking smack started followed by pushing/shoving and then fist started flying. Reminded me of grade school fights.

What a way to start a marriage.

Laager

Post by Laager » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:39 pm

Well, good news, bad news and then of course more bad news....

I'm leaving the country for a few months, then when I get back, well lets just say that the check that Uncle Sam wrote some time back evidently was not cashed for the full amount at that time and now the remainder is due. Evidently there is a clause that allows them to ask for more.

So I'm going to be in recovery and then off to PT for about six to eight months or so.

Guess it all depends on how it goes.

On the plus side I did manage to ship a FXR to the PI, so while I'm gone I'll be out and about some where on the Island of Luzon. With no adult supervision I might add.

Down side.....the "art work" I wanted to have put on turned out to be a song by Creed, so I am working on something else......Sacrificed you weren't worth the cost, was immediately shot down by Lil.

Plus side/semi down side, lost the Tattoo on that leg so Lil said I can get a new one. Not like it wasn't really messed up beyond repair anyway.

Really down side....Creepy is now moving in for six to eight months. I'm seriously thinking about running away.

Johan

Post by Johan » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:45 pm

Thank you for your stories Laager!!!

I know I am not the only one to enjoy both the military and the civilian ones...
They always make my day!!!

By the way, a while back you mentioned one you haven't writen yet..
"I also have a story about a suppressed Marlin .22LR that the LT did not like for some odd reason."

I'd really appreciate if you'd write that story!!!
( And any others you have as well :D )

Best of luck, and I wish you a speedy recovery!!!
Firepower...
-Is One Bullet that Hits!

Return to “Survival Experiences”