It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 345 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:13 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Didn't know whether to put this in Contingency or Personal Experiences, but the fact is that I've seen several new threads, and a lot of personal reports of bloodlust, extreme-prejudice terminations of debt in the last few months. Especially with the down economy, I think there needs to be a list of Confirmed Kills and a roster of the re-deading of the most common and life-sucking type of American Zombie that we all encounter. The Brits, Ozzies, and Kiwis (et. al.) are all welcome to post their body counts in this unified thread as well. Links (if posted in another thread already) are appreciated, bragging is mandatory, and pictures of a burning stack of credit card statements, shredded bills, or still shots of you letting out a Viking roar with piles of credit card transcripts crumpled and bleeding at your feet are especially welcome!

No need to post actual numbers, personal data, or anything like that. Whatever you're comfortable with. Let's just start the tallies of the re-deaded debt zombies. If you've been driving a jalopy and eating Hamburger Helper so you can man (or woman)-up and be your own Nicaraguan Debt Squad, SOUND OFF! If you've upgraded your job, but not your lifestyle yet, to decapitate and burn your own personal debt zombies like a screaming valkyrie, then RUN TELL DAT. If you passed on sweet gun deals, sold ammo, and got hard as fuck so that your could feed the only gun that make these zombie bastards die PERMANENTLY, then GIVE YOURSELF A SHOUT-OUT!!

Me? After decades of over-education, treating cheap Wal-Mart particle board furniture like it was a cherished family heirloom, and living paycheck-to-paycheck, we finally got the ammo to run our debt minigun full bore and open up a howling stream of 6,000-round-per-minute Hellfire on the persistent, gnawing hordes of insatiable debt zombies. Pink mist, bitches! Bodies hit the floor! First we went for the credit cards, once they were paid off they were BEGGING for mercy, we laughed and crushed their skulls under our boot heels! Then, we paid off the car, MERCILESSLY!

I didn't take a picture, but the general feel went something like this:

If you've mutilated some debt recently, and want to sound-off like the raging badass that you are, the TELL THAT SHIT RIGHT HERE!!!

I wanna see some carnage!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:31 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

What a fucking great thread!

Ok, I posted a thread of how I was pretty screwed a few months ago.

Life has turned around massively since then - I was going to start a thread saying thanks to everyone who posted, but it felt a bit stuck up so I'll do it here instead.

I did have over $100k worth of debt. But, by selling a property, picking up a second job, then doing some contracting work for my Dad, having the missus go from being an apprentice to a fully qualified hairdresser, upgrading my job and also managing to source some investment into a company I started, I've slashed the debt down to about $5k.

I don't have a picture because I'm at work, but the feeling when it all came to pass was a cross between 'ahhhhhhh' and 'YEEEEAHHHHHHHH!!' at the same time.

Talk about a stress relief. Never happening again, ever. I'm going to borrow a tiny amount of cash for when I buy a house and that's it. Debt sucks balls.

Edit: Wasn't visceral enough. Me and the other half napalmed the fuck out of those debt zombies. It was all standing next to each other hosing them down with burning streams of anti-debt, paying off our credit cards and then chopping and survivors down with extreme prejudice.

A few of the horde remain, shambling slowly - but between an eagle eye and a staunch demeanour, we'll hunt them too.

Oh yes. We'll hunt them too.

Bureaucracy destroys initiative. There is little that bureaucrats hate more than innovation, especially innovation that produces better results than the old routines. Improvements always make those at the top of the heap look inept. Who enjoys appearing inept? ~A Guide to Trial and Error in Government, Bene Gesserit Archive

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:57 pm 

This thread will live long and prosper. I shall return.......

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." - Mark Twain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:05 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

TheGunslinger wrote:
Edit: Wasn't visceral enough. Me and the other half napalmed the fuck out of those debt zombies. It was all standing next to each other hosing them down with burning streams of anti-debt, paying off our credit cards and then chopping and survivors down with extreme prejudice.

A few of the horde remain, shambling slowly - but between an eagle eye and a staunch demeanour, we'll hunt them too.

Oh yes. We'll hunt them too.

FUUUUUUUUCK. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COME GET SOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:13 am 

Vicarious_Lee wrote:
. . .be your own Nicaraguan Debt Squad!

This is awesome. I hope this thread flourishes.

We’re the United States of America. We ride white horses, wear white hats. We’re the good guys. We expect the world really to live up to our standards that we set, so we have to set the utmost highest standards, especially in the military.
-Hugh Thompson, Jr.

"I'd rather be dead in California than alive in Arizona."
-Lucille Bluth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:50 am 

My battle still rages on. The credit cards zombies have been slain, every one decapitated. The IRS horde has been beat back, no back tax vampire still clings to our neck trying to suck the last drop of life out of us. All that's left are the twins of undead debt, back child support for two adult kids that will be soon fall by the wayside sated and fat from all the wealth that's been leached from us.

We have sold furniture, electronics, our junk gold jewelry and tomorrow my small silver bullion cache goes (at 4x the price for which I bought it back in the 1980's :D ) to pay off a few small bills. What I haven't had to do is sell any guns or ammo, not yet at least. I have about four months more of shortages and I pray to make it till then.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:09 am 

Adda me to the ranks! We have close to 30 grand in debt. Student loans and medical bills. My husband lost his job a few months ago and of course that's when the debt zombies really come after you.

Loans have defaulted and we are buried, so much so that when we finally saw a light at the end of the tunnel and a good job on the horizon the debt zombies ripped that out from under us. Too much debt? No security clearance for you!

Now, we are selling almost everything we have (which is not much, we don't own a car or a house and our furniture is all second hand!) and moving back in with ::::gulp::: my dad until we can get back on our feet.

We are going to try rehabbing the loan and paying off the medical bills, then maybe get a credit card to build our credit. Because the awesome thing is, even after we clean up the bad credit, we don't have any good credit...which is pretty much just as bad as having bad credit! WooooT!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:05 am 

Good news - killed 16+k of debt in the last year or so. All high interest credit card type stuff

Bad news - bought a new car. It was a good price, but it did add some debt, but its low interest and I have the payments automated.

Should be able to kill another credit card and finish off the plastic debt next year if the employment situation stays the same, then I can add a extra 100 bucks a month to the car payment and burn through that fast.

I now consider debt and extended unemployment the #1 most common SHTF situation and possibly the most depressing small scale.

Necrodamus wrote:
Dont put yourself in a situation that is going to put you in a situation.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:23 am 

Great thread! I've got a few zombies of this sort knocking around outside the door, but hope to have them re-deaded by the new year.

ZSC:012 Tenimus Altus Humus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:34 am 

Awesome topic, Lee!

I've only seen a low-level outbreak here, but a horde is looming on the horizon. I paid off my student loans this last spring (and it feels great), and we should have the car paid off in the next year or so (about right for buying in April 06), but.......we'll be closing on a new home by the end of the month.

I think that a healthy chunk of the tax returns next April will be the headshot for the car loan zombie, and will allow the wife and I to put that much more focus on the mortgage.

Beowolf wrote:
Disasters are terrifying, but people are stupid.

wee drop o' bush wrote:
THE EVIL MONKEY HAS WON THE INTERNETS! :lol: Image

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:04 pm 

I was working diligently on getting out of debt, then Hurricane Ike blasted us, and we had to make some immediate repairs and the cards came back out.
I just re-financed my car, yeah! I was able to because my debt was getting down and my credit finally good.

I'll keep shooting them down, knocking off their heads, I have a 2yr plan, as long as no more hurricanes, they will all be dead!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:16 pm 

Refinanced the mortgage and consolidated it with a Home equity loan, now one monthly bill and its actually about 75 bucks less. Much lower interest too. Now I am going full blast at my one credit card, hopefully in a year and a half it will be back to ZERO. Disney must be in bed with the credit zombies because they really do a number on my plastic. :D

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=30558

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:28 pm 

:words:

Last edited by NightHiker on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:27 pm 

I witnessed the debt war since childhood, saw many go under hoards they could not stand against. My fathers training was harsh and ruthless. My loyalty to freedom could not be swayed and I resisted against the corrupting credit card whores and there promise of gold and platinum. I worked as a true man to achieve what I needed or desired, and did without if I had not the moneys needed. But alas I married one who was not strong and was easily swayed by the whores of credit. She revealed the location of my home and soon it was surrounded by the scarlet hoards of corruption. For this betrayal ( and others ) I cast the fallen woman out and prepared for battle. My strategies where inspiring, my tactics ruthless and I smited these enemies in glorious battle. My home has been free of all evil for a very long time, I have no more enemies as they are all re-dead.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:56 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

I killed the hell out of my debt a while back. Sold the jeep and bought a bicycle, paid off the credit cards and canceled them, etc. Debt is afraid of me, and won't come near, so I don't get to kill it any more.

squinty wrote:
I reserve the right to yell "Dookyhole!" - or it's Hebrew equivalent if such a thing exists - whilst dispensing a barrage of palm strikes at my opponent.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:14 pm 

I bayoneted the fuck out of my student loans back in May when I got my income tax return.

Then, today, we paid a shitload of extra to principal on our mortgage payment. I heard like two-dozen debt zombies howl in agony as the bank teller processed the payment.

"...every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life."

Marky Mark wrote:
Making you feel the rhythm is my occupation

So feel the vibration

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:32 pm 

jamoni wrote:
I killed the hell out of my debt a while back. Sold the jeep and bought a bicycle, paid off the credit cards and canceled them, etc. Debt is afraid of me, and won't come near, so I don't get to kill it any more.

Well, you can always have some of my debt zombies. :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:16 pm 

I wait in the safe house and watch the debt hordes pass my position. I lay in wait to attack them from behind their own lines, once I graduate with this degree.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:47 pm 

I paid off the car a few years ago and am doing my best to nurse it along as far as I can. recently paid off two credit cards, though one came back due to a small emergency, and have my student loans dead in my sights and am picking them off slowly and surely. Right now I'm sitting on... about 60k of it (for HALF a god damned master's degree. fuck you, private universities!), but things should be looking very, very up in the near future.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:40 pm 

Vicarious_Lee wrote:
I didn't take a picture, but the general feel went something like this:

...or maybe this?

:lol: A helluva fighter with a helluva victory face!

On topic: the last debt zombie was seen in my area around 2002, but I diligently scan the horizon for any looming threats...it would hopefully be a short yet heroic battle. When the dust cleared, I would have a nice, cold beer. *thumps chest* After a detailed SWOT analysis, my expert team of debt zombie hunters (me) pinned the battle of a lifetime to happen after graduate school. God help those debt zombies...

...can't stop looking at that picture, can ya? :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:58 pm 

Yeah, I've been paying off bills lately and even sold (3) wheel guns that I haven't shot in over a decade. We're pretty much a semi auto family.

But I've had moments of extreme weakness too, earlier this week when I ordered a 226 Blackwater Tactical, courtesy of 50 hours of forced overtime at the local bushfires. Now I have to get new holsters and additional mags, its a never ending circle. :) But everyone knows how it is, when you come into extra money, the washing machine or transmission with need work or the roof will leak.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:09 pm 

The hoards have been held at bay for a few months now due to the true diligence and quick thinking of my better half, she is hell on wheels when it comes to running down the debt goons that get too close.

I've been drawing down and aiming true on some of the more high profile threats, slowly picking off the extremities before going in for the kill shot. This next month (Oct) will finally witness the death of a very large, very slow shambler. His time has come to enter the Gauntlet.

The more kills that pile up, the easier it gets to see them coming and the more breathing room we are gaining. I was lucky enough to fall into a position that is sending more ammo for our defense and we are fortifying the stronghold against the Debt Hordes.

All-in-all, it looks like a winnable fight and victory might be within my grasp much sooner then anticipated.

Our world is on the verge of a temporal displacement, and it will be humanity that falls victim to the repercussions. The few humans remaining desperately search for answers to their infinitesimal existence.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:37 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, the DEBTSQUAD is fighting hard, and it's time for mad props!

TheGunslinger: Good God, man! You killed over 100,000?! You're a fuckin' animal!

Istvan56: Way to entrench and stick it out to see those that eat your bank account's brains may soon starve!

BethDeath: You abandoned your house (in flames. I know you. It had better been in flames) to escape the horde encircling you? That's just balls-out right there! Moving your family in with a parent? Jesus, you're not even playing around! That's next-level dedication and hate for the most virulent American Zombie! You will prevail. There's no way they can muster that kind of fortitiude! Good luck and Godspeed!

ozwyn: Way to launch a cold, distant, calculated attack against an enemy that, while completely mindless, deserves to have that mind blown to fucking smithereens!

Impus: Way to keep a stronghold and not give in! Those brain-sucking stragglers will be turned to stationary, rotting flesh in no time, my man. Get the rifles, and kill what's left.

evil monkey: Load your tax return into your BOOMSTICK and give Hell to those stragglers before they become a horde!

JojoZS: Zombie Ike is a bitch. Once you get him re-deaded, it's totally not gay to rape it. That's just JUSTICE! Go ahead!

ais4122: Good job, but be vigilant. The Debt Zombie Masters may be planning an interest-hike Tojan Horse on you in the future. Stay strong, and watch the motives. Those that control the zombies can be crafty. Anyone tries the bait-and-switch of credit, you pour a Bowl Of Judgement on their punk asses!

NightHiker: Stay strong. Eat your preps. Get hard. Shoot straight. You'll kill all those motherfuckers I have no doubt.

bonanacrom: OUTSTANDING tutelage! Unfortunately it looks like you got the Trojan Horse treatment from a bitch. Damn shame. She's lucky she lived after such a grievous breech. No worry, you've been trained since birth in the cruel combat of Norse Viking-ass Debt-Zombie slaughter! They will all fall by your Cash Sword, and I expect violent pics to follow (but not naked. that's just weird). Extra bonus points for the old style prose!

jamoni: You're sick, dude! Selling a Jeep to get a bicycle just so you could slaughter debt?! I'm afraid of you! I want to be on your team! Even the Debt Zombies know enough not to mess with that shit!

Meat N' Taters: I hope you feasted on their flesh, all Renaissance-fair style like you had a big turkey leg between your teeth! Well done! 9/10!

Hoot Harrington: Good tactics! Don't even let em' know where you live. Just sneak up behind them and get Medieval on their sorry asses before they can even offer you more credit! Big things in the future for you, man. Stick to your principles!

razi: Be patient. If your career trajectory is going to pay off, just sate them enough so they don't eviscerate you. When your shipment of Money Bullets comes in, scream like a banshee and lay waste to those abominations before they even know what hit them! Will expect pics of the burning heaps of shambling corporate bloodsuckers at your feet when this happens.

LemmeHitYa: Nice pic, and not because (while not that pretty in the face) she's technically heterosexual and I'm technically heterosexual and I wanna tuch it (SRSLY). Back On Topic: Your position is fortified, and the Debt Zombies know not to go near it. Keep strengthening it in the future, and you'll be one hell of a force to be reckoned with!

WESTSIDE09: Don't beat yourself up over the weaknesses, you've got good insight, and you've already shown that you're willing to do whatever it takes to win this war. I mean, Beth abandoned her stronghold to take higher ground, but you got rid of guns! That means a lot! Guns can't kill a Debt Zombie. A lot of the times, they paradoxically feed a debt zombie. Way to get some green and put the real firepower where it counts. Keep up the vicious slaughter!

Red_Snow: You've got a good spouse, and your strength is increased. Don't let the Horde Masters convince you into inviting these reeking bastards into your home. Bring the Rain, and keep spewing teh good-ass Hate downrange at these sons-of-bitches. You can (and will) emerge victorious from this. I also expect pics of the carnage!

Thanks to everyone that sounded off! I love killing zombies, but I love even more when others successfully decapitate those fucking abominations where they stand!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:48 am 

Location: Arizona, where the plants try to kill you and the sun tries to boil you alive
Vicarious_Lee, hysterically entertaining and wacky take on the concept. huge props for the thread. so, I'm not totally clear on the rules here. do I have to post my debt death in smackdown prose form? coz I don't know that I have it in me.

LemmeHitYa, that picture is amazing. I'm shocked at how gorgeous she looks. PM sent.

Anyone can use my Unofficial Welcome Wagon(TM) message, no need to give credit or thanks if you do. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 345 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next