Attacked by a vicious dog tonight

Share a survival experience with us and explain what you learned from it. You might help someone.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

skelco
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Re: Attacked by a vicious dog tonight

Post by skelco » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:58 pm

Regular Guy wrote:
crypto wrote:Im necroing this thread just because its still awesomely hilarious.

If youve never seen it before, start at page 1.
Wow, thanks. My brain is very full of Fuck after reading this. This is one of the wackiest threads I've ever read. Killing small dogs to psychic vibe feeling dogs. :lol:
this thread got me riled up, fuck!
-skelco
ZSC:015 Officer of Indeterminate Duty

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."
-Hunter S. Thompson

ninja-elbow
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: DotD '04
DotD
NotLD

Post by ninja-elbow » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:07 pm

Aww Jezus... I remember this thread. :|
President ZSC011
Part Viking, Part Siamese

Oneswunk
Favorite Zombie Movies: Well, your mum rang about you going round tomorrow night, and then Liz rang about the two of you eating out tonight, and then your mum rang back to see if I wanted to eat her out tonight.

Post by Oneswunk » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:40 pm

Wow awesome thread.

At last "is .45 nessasery?" can be put to rest. :lol: :lol:
KEEPER OF THE MEATWORLD SPICEWEASEL.
JoergS wrote:The power of 30 English longbowmen, at your fingertips... sweet.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:I have boners in places I didn't even know I had dicks. :D :D :D

My B.O.A.T
My jeep build
My FAKs

razi

Post by razi » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:13 am

Oneswunk wrote:Wow awesome thread.

At last "is .45 nessasery?" can be put to rest. :lol: :lol:
When you absolutely must stop psychic dogs...

Cherokee John

Post by Cherokee John » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:24 am

I got attacked by a pack of dogs where I usually walk around in the bush near my house. I was riding a scooter and had my two dogs on the floorboard traveling through a very large graveyard in the country in Asia that I live in.

My mistake was that I fled. If I had stopped the dogs could have been stared down. I triggered their "hunt" mode.

I know that this doesn't always work because there is a vicious stray German Shepherd in my area that's bitten both my dogs and it didn't even flinch at me when confronted either time.
It was focused on my dogs, so short of beating it with a stick I doubt it would have stopped.

In this case it was a pack of 4 mid-sized mongrels.
Immediately after I was bitten I got off the scooter with my ka-bar neck knife in my hand before I knew I even drew it. I then gave CHASE to the dog that bit me. (Don't do this.) I actually scared the pack away and they fled down a steep hillside of graves with a very scary knife wielding man behind them. 4 steps down the hill my beserker rage subsided and I went to tend to my wound then head to the ER. I should have stopped. Should have been wearing my BDU's and I should have been more aware when they ambushed us on the road. This situation was MY fault.

Yeah pics I know..blah blah blah eat it up:http://www.flickr.com/photos/75978082@N04/6965949683/

The thing is I ran into the same group that attacked me last week. This time I had a bamboo stick about six feet long. I merely stood my ground, calmed my dogs and stared them down in a very aggressive manner. I mean my body language was saying "Behold the Death Giver". Maybe the stick in hand gave me a mental crutch, but I was really exuding my intention to kill those dogs. And their yellow cur pack leader was going to be the first to go.

They left.

I love dogs. I rescued mine from the hills, they were just like these pack mutts. I realize that some big dogs in North America can't be stared down. Hell, the Tibetan Mastiffs that guard the temples in Nepal and Tibet would chew your genitals off if you waved your hands at them and shouted. But I think most dogs can be stared down or dealt with without killing them.

Firearms aren't an option for me (but spears are!) so I have to use other ways of dealing with mean dogs. I'm not going to stop walking and working in the bush. I'm a human so my brain gives me a big advantage.

In most Asian countries (Not Tibet/Nepal) strays can be scared with a pantomime motion of throwing rocks. (In the Philipines this works well because they eat all the mean dogs) You could also use an umbrella or newspaper to stop a charging dog.

(I'll try to find the video to that)

Without judging the OP and his actions, I think there are many ways to handle vicious dogs without guns.
Last edited by Cherokee John on Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Guns tell the truth. Guns never say, "I'm only kidding."
― Gustav Hasford, The Short-Timers

Ziggs
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the dead 2004 , zombie land , 28 day's and week's later.

Post by Ziggs » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:19 am

I have had many dogs in my life. Most recently I have my German Shepherd and my Black lab and I am a huge sucker for dog's but in this case I can see no problem with what you did , if your mother needed stitches then good riddance! But to any doubters of it going crazy I have known several friends who have either had or currently own bat shit crazy dogs. One of my ex's has this little poodle thing named "kujo" haha go figure right? well that thing will freak the hell out and just go ballistic. one day when we were sitting in the living room it was on her lap it just up and bit her in the face! Now this dog was beat by its previous owner so I can see where its screwed up like behavior comes from but some animals are just not right in the head and while they are good with one family the sudden change in surroundings could have caused it to go loony toons.
Viper shtf wrote:When I see someone dressed like that, I yell noob, slap them with my edc fish, and run away.

Return to “Survival Experiences”