I have a question for people in the army

Share a survival experience with us and explain what you learned from it. You might help someone.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

ista_hota

Re: I have a question for people in the army

Post by ista_hota » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:25 am

I have to agree with Doc Simon, as harshly as he words it he speaks the truth - if you're 'not sure' about a medical MOS or NEC or even civilian job, it's not for you. Being a Medic is a thing of passion, it's a calling, and it's something that has wider consequences than just getting bad evaluations if you fuck something up.

TheFreakinBear
Favorite Zombie Movies: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Trilogy, Boondock Saints, 300, Snatch, Ghostbusters, Ice Age.

Post by TheFreakinBear » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:34 am

ista_hota wrote:
TheFreakinBear wrote:Actually. . . .

The infantry, SF, AB and scout guys have great skills they learn from the military. One of them being management. Think about the job that they do and how much they have to put into it to make sure everything is done to the T. Aside from the SWAT jobs they can put down various leadership skills. When you are on your way to separation from the military, they give you all kinds of brochures and stuff that tell you what you can apply to your resume that you've learned from the military. You'll be surprised at how many skills you pick up and not even realize it.
Eh, this can go either way to be honest. I have two old buddies, one a veteran HM8492 who is now some kind of citywide EMS coordinator out east and making stupid money and benefits, and the other a veteran HM8427 who, last we talked, was a cable guy.
Not really. You just have to want to be successful or you have to be ambitious. You have the skills. You just need to apply them. The difference between your veteran buddy who is making "stupid money" and your uddy the "cable guy", is that your "stupid money" friend went out for blood and busted his hump whereas your "cable guy" either just wanted an easy job that he'll make enough to just get by or was just plain lazy.
ImageImage

Citizen Simon
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Citizen Simon » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:41 am

TheFreakinBear wrote:Not really. You just have to want to be successful or you have to be ambitious. You have the skills. You just need to apply them. The difference between your veteran buddy who is making "stupid money" and your uddy the "cable guy", is that your "stupid money" friend went out for blood and busted his hump whereas your "cable guy" either just wanted an easy job that he'll make enough to just get by or was just plain lazy.
That is the key item here. Obviously you need drive. However I think the 'after army jobs' some of are talking about is getting marketable 'job skills' while you are in. Yes the army will teach you leadership, however leadership doesnt mean a whole fucking lot on a resume. You can manage people, yay. However there is no marketable job field in which you have any management experience. So whop-d-fucking-do. FAIL.

Just because you were in the army and in charge of soldiers does not mean you are going to find a job with ease when you get out. There is a reason that you are more likely to be homeless with an honoralbe discharge than if you had just dropped out of highschool. That reason is not because the army pads the resume, teaches you good managment skills, or job skills for that matter. The army is going to get theirs from you, and then let you go, when you are in you better get all you can from the army. Cause they sure aint going to help you take your share.

What awesome career are you persuing now that the chains of the army have been lifted from you TFB? I sure hope your wife isn't having to take on some extra work so you guys can get your shit together. I know that when i get out I will be able to provide for my family at a full salary, in any state, and pretty much any city - with medical benefits, insurance, with a pension at the age of 42. I dont know any prior combat MOS, and very few non combat MOSes, that can say that -to include supply. Or i could always come back over here as a civilian and make six figures and retire in about 4 years. That's an option that not too many people get -combat or non combat MOS.

Yes you can make on the outside with a combat MOS. The statistical fact of the matter is, it will be harder than if you had never gotten into the army in the first place. Might as well learn something useful while you're in. Just in case you decide that you dont want to be the lazy cable guy, or the guy that really had to bust his ass. You can always be that guy that played it smart, planned ahead, and lived comfortably without having to bust his as too much.

Stop blowing so much smoke.

Just sayin' :roll:
I survived Zombie Con 07
I survived LA Camp and Shoot 07
I survived LA Camp and Shoot 09

AK-9-Pie

enamoradodeti88
Favorite Zombie Movies: land of the dead, resident evil-all 3, and the one where they rave and the dead wake up

Post by enamoradodeti88 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:26 am

I 100% agree with Doc Simon. He set him self up for success, so when he is done with the Army, he will be able to get all the goodies he has just stated in his post. So the Army has done him a great deal in pretty much providing for him all he needs for transitioning out back into the civilian world, he has all his certs, credentials, training, and who knows what else. But that is what he wanted to do, and he done good to. Some of us don't join with an 8 year plan though, such as I. I joined to be a soldier, cuz that is what I have wanted ever since I was in the 8th grade. I wanted to blow shit up, go on crazy training exercises, go to war. Stuff like that. Does that mean that I am not gonna get some sort of education while I am in?? Fuck no, the military has given me the G.I. Bill, and higher learning in the Army is almost, if not, free. There was always something else you wanted to be in the civilian world, I personally, a coach for High School sports, be it football or powerlifting. Some times, there is the chance that one joins, and they don't know what they will want to do upon leaving the Army, until 2 or 3 or even 22 years of service. I knew what I wanted to do if I was to get out in say 4 years or 8, if I don't stay in 20. What I am trying to say is that you can join only intersted in being Hooah at first, but once you realize if Army is for you, or not, you have many opportunities to get an education. There are many programs that will lead you to an education while you are in, or you can use your G.I. Bill, and go to college afterwards. There is always something, all you gotta do is look for it. This on top of whatever else everybody has said. my 2 cents. luv ya'll
“And where is the Prince who can afford to so cover his country with troops for its defense, as that ten thousand men descending from the clouds, might not in many places do an infinite deal of mischief, before a force could be brought together to repel them?” Ben Franklin"
"Kill it, Kill it!!" Jay (Dogma)

enamoradodeti88
Favorite Zombie Movies: land of the dead, resident evil-all 3, and the one where they rave and the dead wake up

Post by enamoradodeti88 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:30 am

OH Yeah, something else broz, if you just happen to get married whilst your are in the Army, ehh....prepare for much change and perhaps compromise to any plans that you had already figured. That is if you already have made any plans. food for thought.
“And where is the Prince who can afford to so cover his country with troops for its defense, as that ten thousand men descending from the clouds, might not in many places do an infinite deal of mischief, before a force could be brought together to repel them?” Ben Franklin"
"Kill it, Kill it!!" Jay (Dogma)

ista_hota

Post by ista_hota » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:52 am

TheFreakinBear wrote:
ista_hota wrote:
TheFreakinBear wrote:Actually. . . .

The infantry, SF, AB and scout guys have great skills they learn from the military. One of them being management. Think about the job that they do and how much they have to put into it to make sure everything is done to the T. Aside from the SWAT jobs they can put down various leadership skills. When you are on your way to separation from the military, they give you all kinds of brochures and stuff that tell you what you can apply to your resume that you've learned from the military. You'll be surprised at how many skills you pick up and not even realize it.
Eh, this can go either way to be honest. I have two old buddies, one a veteran HM8492 who is now some kind of citywide EMS coordinator out east and making stupid money and benefits, and the other a veteran HM8427 who, last we talked, was a cable guy.
Not really. You just have to want to be successful or you have to be ambitious. You have the skills. You just need to apply them. The difference between your veteran buddy who is making "stupid money" and your uddy the "cable guy", is that your "stupid money" friend went out for blood and busted his hump whereas your "cable guy" either just wanted an easy job that he'll make enough to just get by or was just plain lazy.
Eh, have to disagree on that. I think it more comes down to whether prospective employers are open minded about translating military skills into the civilian world. Ben is not lazy by any stretch of the imagination (well he didn't used to be, I haven't seen him for 6 years, to be fair). What I was getting at is that your original point about military skills translating well into the civilian world can be very true, but at the same time all it takes is a job market in your location which is more focused on proven credentials than proven ability and you're fucked, no matter how good you are at what you do.

Hell I'm a case in point - I busted my ass, did what I did (and was very good at it IMHO) and now I'm a stay at home dad because my wife has an office job that pays more than double what I could make around here doing what I'm best at - and I'm NOT for one second disparaging my wife who is an EXCELLENT provider and an ass-busting hard worker, because these are HER WORDS, but a monkey could do her job as long as the monkey had the right piece of paper.

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:35 pm

Doc's words ring true, from my end. I found my calling whilst in service, but unfortunately, I find my self unable to re-enlist. Don't even bother asking why, it's a story hardly worth telling and one that's been told time and again by many a soldier. Now here I am, no higher learning beyond schools focusing on laying down pain. You see, I never planned on leaving in the first place. Now I'm stuck in the civilain world, barely scraping by. Think real hard on what you want from "life", before you make a "life" altering decision.

Not to good with words, but I hope this helps you along.
Molon labe: Underwater Fire Starter-
"Tis' not shackles of iron that will chain the people, but apathy. Twill' not be weapons of steel that will keep them free, but the will to act."
Thor wrote: Never did sling load that Gama Goat.
Image You can't stop the signal.

Shiner86

Post by Shiner86 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:53 am

Doc Simon wrote:What awesome career are you persuing now that the chains of the army have been lifted from you TFB? I sure hope your wife isn't having to take on some extra work so you guys can get your shit together. I know that when i get out I will be able to provide for my family at a full salary, in any state, and pretty much any city - with medical benefits, insurance, with a pension at the age of 42. I dont know any prior combat MOS, and very few non combat MOSes, that can say that -to include supply. Or i could always come back over here as a civilian and make six figures and retire in about 4 years. That's an option that not too many people get -combat or non combat MOS.
Oh, you can s-right-tfu about his wife. That was uncalled for, and revealed in what I thought was a private conversation. TFB told his recruiter he wasn't looking for a combat job, and that he wanted something that would allow him to see his wife as much as possible. The recruiter, to his credit, didn't lie. TFB never deployed and his stateside job, more often than not, had him home by 5:30 every night. We lived off his paycheck, put most of what I made into savings, and moved to Ohio with a nice safety net. Our plan, since you felt the need to mention it in a public forum, does indeed involve me picking up a second job while he finishes up his last 2 years of college. This isn't so we can "get our shit together." It's so TFB can work less while he's finishing college and so we still have spending money to blow without dipping into our savings. Personally, I don't see what the big deal is. People pick up part time jobs all the time! We're only 22, 23 years old.

Okay. You can resume your previously scheduled argument now. I just don't think you'd appreciate someone else using your wife as part of their argument, that's all.

Citizen Simon
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Citizen Simon » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:29 am

Shiner86 wrote:Oh, you can s-right-tfu about his wife. That was uncalled for, and revealed in what I thought was a private conversation.
I'm sorry, I didnt mean for it to be taken personally. It's just difficult to stand by and watch some guy blow smoke up everyone's ass about how the army makes you super marketable - it doesnt. I noticed the second I mentioned how it didnt do a whole fucking lot for him he didnt want to continue lying on the subject. I didnt mean to drag you into this at all. I apologize.
TFB told his recruiter he wasn't looking for a combat job, and that he wanted something that would allow him to see his wife as much as possible. The recruiter, to his credit, didn't lie. TFB never deployed
Lets get one thing straight here. It's not that he never deployed, it's that he got himself medically chaptered out of the army before he was deployed. I know a dozen supply guys over here, they arn't special.
This isn't so we can "get our shit together." It's so TFB can work less while he's finishing college and so we still have spending money to blow without dipping into our savings. Personally, I don't see what the big deal is. People pick up part time jobs all the time! We're only 22, 23 years old.
So finishing out school and getting a 'real' job because prior experience in the army couldnt help you get a 'real' job isn't getting your shit together. Fine. It doesnt change the fact that even though your hubby, who was the all powerful supply monkey and telling everyone that you can get jobs easy after the army especially if you are a supply guy, is certainly not able to do anything close to what he is preaching.

I didnt mean for this to be personal to him or you, and I'm sorry you took offense. I should have been more sensitive. Some people make life decisions based on the advice they get here. I'd like to think that we are feeding them the truth and not some fancy bullshit we made up. When I messaged your husband to apologize personally I also asked him why he was saying so much incorrect bullshit.--

His response was 'I like to fuck with people." So sorry if I felt the need to be a voice of reason and shut down someone else that is just trying to fuck with people that are making huge decisions. I delt with it the only way I know how.

I invite anyone to come in here that is priopr military with a combat job and tell me exactly what jobs they got when they seperated from the service. I seriously doubt we will get many hopeful responses other than becoming some sort of military contrctor.
I survived Zombie Con 07

AK-9-Pie

Shiner86

Post by Shiner86 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:10 pm

Doc Simon wrote:His response was 'I like to fuck with people. So sorry if I felt the need to be a voice of reason and shut down someone else that is just trying to fuck with people that are making huge decisions."
I talked to TFB on his lunch break. According to him, that comment was actually made about IRC chat and one of the stupid pie/cake threads. He also said you disappeared (had to go, I presume) midway through the conversation.

Well, I don't really have a horse in the actual argument that's taking place here so I'll bow out now and let the rest of you duke it out.

JibbaJabba
BANNED
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by JibbaJabba » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:22 pm

Before this gets out of hand/threadlocked, let me say this:

The Army's mission, generally speaking, is not to elevate you. The Army's mission is to win the fight.

If you have the persistence and strength of character to pursue the options that are available to you while in the service, more power to you. Many don't bother.

And, if you happen to luck out and get one of those rare NCOs that takes care of his troops and pushes you to do your best, outstanding - you got really lucky.

But for the most part, the responsibility for taking advantage of your situation falls on your shoulders.

So don't count on the Army to "prepare you for an awesome career" or even to "teach you valuable skills".. the Army will give you exactly zero pieces of paper saying you know what you're doing (ie certifications, degrees), which is likely what most white-collar civilian jobs will be looking for.

The one exception to this is clearances - if you're Signal or Intel, you might take a Secret or Top Secret clearance away from the Army, which could help get your foot in the door working for a defense contractor or directly for the government. Clearances do have an expiration date once you no longer have a valid need for them, however - so if you do pursue that route, it would be wise to do so very soon after leaving the service.

Anyway, it's up to you. It's up to you to figure out where you want to be, what paths you can possibly take to get there, and which path you prefer the most. The Army is one of many ways.

I personally chose to join the Army to pay for college INSTEAD of taking thousands of dollars of student loans and grants and scholarships, for a variety of reasons - I believe today that if I had tried the other route (the one my best friend took, and is so far working out for him), I wouldn't have had the sense or strength of character to persevere.

The Army doesn't "make you strong", btw. I'm more of an adult now than I was when I joined, but the Army didn't hand receipt me a little maturity, I just learned how to deal with life a little better. I still have a long way to go. But I don't fool myself for a second thinking that the Army "made" me who I am. I evolved into who I am on my own.

This is not to say that the Army (or any other military service) is not an honorable career to pursue, or that servicemembers aren't making a ton of sacrifices every day for which everybody should be grateful - on the contrary.

But some people let their pride and love for the military and their country go a little far when they start claiming that the Army will "set you up" for a great civilian career.. as stated above, this is not the Army's mission. If you can manage to use it as a stepping stone to bigger and better things, awesome. But they won't do it for you, so don't get it twisted.

I forget the source of this quote, but it fits: "Nothing worthwhile is ever easy."
PlE or GTFO! Image
bonanacrom wrote:I found that if your 6 feet tall and weigh 260 pounds and answer the door naked with a big shit eating grin on your face you get to control the conversation right from the beginning.

Citizen Simon
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Citizen Simon » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:38 pm

I talked to TFB on his lunch break. According to him, that comment was actually made about IRC chat and one of the stupid càke/pie threads. He also said you disappeared (had to go, I presume) midway through the conversation.
Well, it was misunderstood. I was talking about that thread to him and that was it. Then he makes his comment, without referencing the chat or anything else. I dont respond to him and sign off 20 - 30 mins later. Not quite disappearing. And I would say it's a fairly honest mistake.

Also,

Thanks Jibba, for putting it a lot more politely than I could.
I survived Zombie Con 07

AK-9-Pie

ista_hota

Post by ista_hota » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:02 pm

Let me try to contract this entire 3-4 way argument into bullet point form, for the purposes of those actually seeking the information:

1) The military teaches you skills, but generally does not give you any way of proving you have them outside. EXAMPLE: I can do everything that an EMT can do, and most of what a NP(ER) can do - but as far as the state is concerned, I can't do SHIT because I don't have the papers saying I can do it, and I don't have the money to go get them.

2) Even if you get your desired MOS/NEC/whatever, there's no guarantee you'll end up doing what you planned on. EXAMPLE: You can sign on as a Corpsman wanting to be a Devil Doc, get quad zero'd and then end up railroaded into radiology/baro/rehab/whateverthefuck. Nothing is guaranteed.

3) The military serves itself - not you. They give you opportunities but it is YOUR responsibility to use them wisely. EXAMPLE: If you're planning on doing a short stint of service and getting out soon, take whatever PRACTICAL AND PROVABLE skills you can, consider linguistics, consider aviation, consider fucking photography - do not expect 5 years as a rifleman will mean SHIT when applying for a job as an accountant.

JibbaJabba
BANNED

Post by JibbaJabba » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:15 pm

Correct, correct and correct.
PlE or GTFO! Image
bonanacrom wrote:I found that if your 6 feet tall and weigh 260 pounds and answer the door naked with a big shit eating grin on your face you get to control the conversation right from the beginning.

Benbrutal

Post by Benbrutal » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:57 pm

I was a "Fixed Cryptographic Equipment Repairer", with that comes a Top Secret" security clearance and electronics repair experience. With that when I got out I was able to work as a contractor on NSA contracts around the world, and now I'm working an Army contract flying an Aerostat in Baghdad for "crazy money".
One thing to consider is, Where do you want to be? Are you willing to move around the world or the US to get a job, or only in your homestate, or do you have to live in your hometown? It makes a difference. What jobs are available where you want to\are willing to live? If you want to live in the preverbial 1 horse town, you better know how to do what needs to be done there. I had a buddy who was an X-ray tech, but his wifey HAD to live in her hometown (pop. about 500). He works in the Piggly Wiggly. Have a plan, know where you want to end up, where you want to live or are willing to live, then find a job that you can do there.
Preparedness: The difference between can-of-food and cannibal.
The big feral hogs are only good for sausage, but the young ones can be made into bacon,
and once you have bacon, you win!

TheGunslinger
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheGunslinger » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:36 pm

Wow, you guys seriously don't get recognition of prior learning or anything if you get a trade or something whilst in the forces?

That blows.

I did a lot of stuff with the Army when I was in university - and the stuff I did in the army netted me probably about as much as my degree. If you graduate as an officer over here, and stick around to run a platoon for a couple of years - you not only get course credit (for some courses) but also get a couple of diploma's.

I only did a Bachelor of arts, but ended up graduating with that, a diploma in Human Resources, and another in Government services as a result.

Additionally, I was able to get some stuff for my master's in project management signed off as well.

This isn't an unusual case, either - a couple of my diggers transferred from infantry to RAEME (Royal Australian Electrical and Mechanical Engineers) and they hung around long enough to become qualified mechanics. Some of the signals blokes also managed to get quals for some telecommunications type stuff as well.

And the airforce can't hold onto qualified pilots for love nor money, either.
Bureaucracy destroys initiative. There is little that bureaucrats hate more than innovation, especially innovation that produces better results than the old routines. Improvements always make those at the top of the heap look inept. Who enjoys appearing inept? ~A Guide to Trial and Error in Government, Bene Gesserit Archive

HHaase
Favorite Zombie Movies: Errrr, I actually don't like zombie movies.
::::runs away::::

Post by HHaase » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:53 pm

TheGunslinger wrote:Wow, you guys seriously don't get recognition of prior learning or anything if you get a trade or something whilst in the forces?

That blows.
It's hit or miss. Some stuff, such as obvious ones like Pilots, get documented training, ratings and licenses. It's a recent change, but military ATC also can transition into the civilian world as well. IIRC you can also get an airframe and powerplant license, which is a hot commodity, if you have the right MOS. My communications training didn't count for squat as far as any licensing, but it did help me land my current job. It all depends on if the Army is either required to do so, or if it's cheaper for them for some reason.....otherwise you're SOL.

As to outside the military recognizing anything you've done, it all depends on the company and people reviewing your resume. Most companies legally can't use your veteran status to decline you any jobs, but usually they don't have to treat you special because of it either.

So it really does pay to do your research ahead of time. An honorable discharge and a fancy DD-214 aren't some magic door to good employment after you're out.

-Hans
"This does not mean, however, that we are unaware of the true meaning of the term 'security.'
To us, the term has broad meaning. It rests in the physical force embodied as it is in the ships and their base,
but also in intellectual factors among which Intelligence plays an outstanding role."
- Captain Ellis M. Zacaraias, USN

Slugg

Post by Slugg » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:56 am

At least they get the G.I bill now, Some people in desert storm missed it and pay all their school out of pocket.
The future is for those who prepare.

JibbaJabba
BANNED

Post by JibbaJabba » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:34 am

Veterans of Operation Desert Storm should have had access to the Montgomery GI Bill. Not that it was all that great, especially compared to the newer Webb bill.
PlE or GTFO! Image

midgetyaz

Post by midgetyaz » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:04 am

So, the Army is kind of like college (without advisors and with guns)? You have to know what you want to do when you get out, so you can get the right training while you're in. Is that right?
bonanacrom wrote:That made no sense at all. I think it was meant to make me dumber, and it worked.

JibbaJabba
BANNED

Post by JibbaJabba » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:50 am

There are only a few MOSes that will give you training that is relevant in the real world.

Of these MOSes, only a handful will actually get you paper credentials. Most of these are in Warrant- or Commissioned Officer-type jobs. Usually Aviation (ie pilots).

Depending on the type of employer you want to work for (blue collar/white collar) once you get out, they may want paper credentials or they may just want you to know your shit.

I wouldn't rely too much on the Army for anything other than beans, bullets and sometimes a place to sleep. Other than that there are no guarantees.
PlE or GTFO! Image

Kentucky J
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Kentucky J » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:11 am

JibbaJabba wrote: Other than that there are no guarantees.
YOUR ASS IS GUARANTEED TO BE DEPLOYED!!!

My apologies, Jibba. Had to put that out there.

JibbaJabba
BANNED

Post by JibbaJabba » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:36 am

We're at war - that should go without saying :wink:
PlE or GTFO! Image

Mags
Favorite Zombie Movies: *cough*not a zombie*cough* "Dog Soldiers" Just watch it. I'm sure this crowd will approve!

Post by Mags » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:05 am

So your 19 and married...............you should be asking for help with major life changing decisions!

My very short bio (so you can get reference) Sgt. Pa. DOC. USAF SF, USA 19D, 95B, PSD, BSR, etc. 18yrs SERVICE. Major Operational Deployments; Operation Desert Shield/Storm, Operation Southern Watch, Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Iraqi Freedom III & IV. Areas of Operation, SW Asia, SE Asia, Asia, Bars, Middle East, Other People's Homes, Europe, Streets, CONUS, Even spent time in Nebraska. Is Juarez an AO?

If your going to join and deploy where combat is a possibility wouldn't you want to be trained for, and know all you can about combat?

Think of it this way. Your bad guy haji hiding in a house looking out the window. You got a couple buddies and some small arms with you. You look out and see some American Soldiers walking down the street in the direction of your house. Now you have the decision to ambush them or not. You take another long, hard look.............If they look weak, unsure, not really switched on, gear hanging all over the place, not covering their sectors, weapons low, you might think sure we can take these guys if we hit'em. Now take another long, hard look...........These guys are looking all around, weapons at the ready, staggered formation, you can just feel their looking for a fight. Just looking for a chance to face shoot a smelly bearded guy such as yourself. Upon your second look you decide it's not worth it, hide your AK back under the bed and let them pass. I always wanted to run with the second group! Movement to contact is necessary but the contact's the juice. :twisted:

Some good advice posted already along with some pure crap. I'm a Cav Scout but won't tell you either way. It's not my life or choice. Tons of love and respect for medics! Kind of a side hobby of mine. I never wanted any of my guys to die because I didn't know how to treat him. Try it out you'll learn real quick if gun fighting is for you. Now quit pissin' and moanin' and go do it your wasting daylight and youth!

Doc Simon, where can you get this age 42 pension, I'd like to look into it. Always looking for different skill sets! :D
Last edited by Mags on Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
MAGS BOB THREAD: http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... 14&t=41853" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MAGS MED THREAD: http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... 43&t=42670" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MAGS FOOD THREAD: http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... 0&t=104784" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Well, for me, the action is the juice..........I'm in."

Return to “Survival Experiences”