Physical Training Log

Share a survival experience with us and explain what you learned from it. You might help someone.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Physical Training Log

Post by jamoni » Sun May 23, 2004 9:02 pm

The purpose of this thread is to log the physical training of ZS members, affiliates, hangers ons, and neighbors. This will, of course, be on the honor system. If you want to lie, to a bunch of strangers, on the internet, about how many situps you did, and don't mind how pathetic that sounds, that's on you.
Anyway, I'll go first. As soon as I finish this paragraph, Ima go do 3 sets of situps, pushups, jumping jacks, and shadowboxing. A set is 25 situps, 25 pushups, 100 jumping jacks, and 2 minutes shadowboxing. See ya!
JoergS wrote:Realistically, I think I can launch a nine pound chain saw at 50 fps from a shoulder mounted rubber powered bazooka...
squinty wrote:I reserve the right to yell "Dookyhole!" - or it's Hebrew equivalent if such a thing exists - whilst dispensing a barrage of palm strikes at my opponent.

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Sun May 23, 2004 9:18 pm

My god I'm out of shape. :shock:
Holy :oops:
Shit :oops:
I'm out of shape... :oops:
JoergS wrote:Realistically, I think I can launch a nine pound chain saw at 50 fps from a shoulder mounted rubber powered bazooka...
squinty wrote:I reserve the right to yell "Dookyhole!" - or it's Hebrew equivalent if such a thing exists - whilst dispensing a barrage of palm strikes at my opponent.

Red Panda
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Red Panda » Sun May 23, 2004 9:32 pm

Dude,

Please tell me that you've already been keeping in some kind of shape. You gotta take it easy otherwise.

Maybe start out with 3 sets of 10, first. :lol:

I'm starting physio rehab soon, so once I find out what's allowed, I'll get right on it.

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Sun May 23, 2004 9:34 pm

Well, that's me in my avatar. I'm a skinny dude, and I work outdoors. I'm in decent shape, but that workout should have been EASY, you dig?

raptorman

Post by raptorman » Sun May 23, 2004 9:35 pm

3 mile run today. Nothing else.

Unfortunately that was overshadowed by the large papa john's pizza I ate by myself.

Red Panda
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Red Panda » Sun May 23, 2004 9:44 pm

I know, man, I'm just ribbing ya.

Shit man, don't be offended, but I thought that was Perry Farrell in your avatar.

Never tell anyone you're skinny, say you're wiry. :lol:

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Sun May 23, 2004 9:50 pm

I'm "slim, with muscles like twisted steel cables".

Red Panda
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Red Panda » Sun May 23, 2004 10:10 pm

Nice.

You should also add that you can crush us girlymen like little grapes in your armpits.

noncyr
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Post by noncyr » Sun May 23, 2004 10:14 pm

raptorman wrote:3 mile run today. Nothing else.

Unfortunately that was overshadowed by the large papa john's pizza I ate by myself.
Jesus Christ a pizza sounds so fucking good. If only I hadn't sworn off fast food since Super Size Me.

God...there's a papa john's coupon sitting in my office on my bookcase right now too.
Blergh

raptorman

Post by raptorman » Sun May 23, 2004 10:35 pm

Here you go man, just lick the screen, it will be ok.
here's to 1500 calories in ONE sitting.
Author of the hit Day by Day Armageddon series and dystopian thriller, Tomorrow War
JLBourne.com
Official Facebook

Jeff
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Jeff » Sun May 23, 2004 11:01 pm

I love you, raptor.

As for me? Anaerobic. Curls, 20 reps at 35lbs. (I think?) and benching 20 reps at about 45. One, the other, break. Start again. Soon I'll start spreading it out and adding a wider variety of anaerobic to work more muscles, I figure this is a good start though.
Even the purest of zen can be interupted by blunt force trauma.
-Jonas

You guys are so unamerican it's killing my dog. -Cyr

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Sun May 23, 2004 11:10 pm

Jeff, it's a good idea to rotate a few more exercises in there, to give the muscle groups time to recover. Try adding sit ups and jumping jacks, as you can never do enough sit ups, and the jumping jacks will work your cardio really well. Alternate this with running, swimming, or cycling. Sounds like you are on the right track, though. If you are still in school look into wrestling, if not, try boxing, hapkido, judo or brazilian jujutsu. Any of these will get you in hella shape, if the school is good.

Jeff
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Jeff » Mon May 24, 2004 1:08 am

Yeah, I need to start getting more exercise types in. My friend is going to teach me some things to exercise different muscle groups and such. I actually might do wrestling if I wasn't afraid of that place. I don't know. I always wished that I had taken a martial art and stuck with it from a younger age. Walking/jogging/running is hard, as I said, my knees aren't too fond of it. I'll have to start working onthat. Cycling I can do.
-Jonas

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Mon May 24, 2004 7:26 am

Afraid of WHAT place? School? Or the wrestling team? What's to be afraid of? You go, you do it, anyone who messes with you, look them in the eye and tell them to fuck themselves. If it comes to a fight, try to win, but if you lose, at least you fought. Kind of like zombies....

Sam

Post by Sam » Mon May 24, 2004 9:52 am

Ran two miles last night at around 1am. Not exactly a great idea if I'm trying to fall asleep but still good. Other than that I do some weights, but I'm way more interested in improving my stamina.

Geist

Post by Geist » Mon May 24, 2004 12:37 pm

Thanks to a rigorous PT workout with my squadron three times a week, for the past year. I can do four sets of 30 pushups/sit ups/flutterkicks and run three miles. I still struggle a bit with the push ups but I'm trying to focus on my running which should be more important unless the zombies want to arm wrestle, then I'm screwed.

--Geist

raptorman

Post by raptorman » Mon May 24, 2004 1:42 pm

Geist wrote:Thanks to a rigorous PT workout with my squadron three times a week, for the past year.
What type of squadron are we talking about here?
Author of the hit Day by Day Armageddon series and dystopian thriller, Tomorrow War
JLBourne.com
Official Facebook

Limper

Post by Limper » Mon May 24, 2004 1:42 pm

The Limper Workout

Dumb Bell bench (12 x 50) (10 x 55) (8 x 60)

Flat bar bench for the burn out at 55 per side (155 x12)

Curls Standing (35x10 per arm) x1 (40x10 per arm) x2

Curls Recline 30x10 per arm x1

Dumbell Pullovers (40x10) 4 sets

Dumbell rows 45 x 10

Reverse Flys (12 x 15) x1 (15 x10) x1

Cable rows 120 x10

Sit ups 2 sets 20 on a medium incline

Lower back contraption 2 sets 15

Dumbell flys (for shoulders deltoids?) 20 per hand 2 sets 10 each.

Dumbell military press 25 each hand 2 sets 10

Cabled triceps (70 x 12) x2

Assisted Dips 50 pound offset (170 left) 12 reps x 2

Skull Crunchers (curl bar) (55 x 12) x1

Other than that I try and walk a lot.

Geist

Post by Geist » Mon May 24, 2004 1:48 pm

Logistics Readiness Squadron. Its pretty much a fancy name for everyone thrown into one group.

Limper, thanks for making me realize how much I'm lacking in upper body strength

--Geist

Limper

Post by Limper » Mon May 24, 2004 3:32 pm

Geist wrote:Logistics Readiness Squadron. Its pretty much a fancy name for everyone thrown into one group.

Limper, thanks for making me realize how much I'm lacking in upper body strength

--Geist

Train now for when the dead rise there won't be time to train.

Jeff
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Jeff » Mon May 24, 2004 4:33 pm

Jamoni wrote:Afraid of WHAT place? School? Or the wrestling team? What's to be afraid of? You go, you do it, anyone who messes with you, look them in the eye and tell them to fuck themselves. If it comes to a fight, try to win, but if you lose, at least you fought. Kind of like zombies....
Afraid of killing some of the wrestlers. I don't get along with any of them but the captain and he's graduating this year, so it would be me just wanting to strangle my whole team. That coupled with the fact that I'm afraid of the coach. The old coach was cool, but the new one is kind of odd.
-Jonas

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Mon May 24, 2004 5:04 pm

Hmm. I didn't like many of the wrestlers on my team, but we got along. Anyway, you are TOTALLY young enough to train in the martial arts. Just find a good school and go. If money is an issue, I bet they'll cut you a deal. (if they won't, you don't want to train there anyway.) Hell, if you got NO money, just pull on some gloves and go a few rounds with Sam :D

Sam

Post by Sam » Mon May 24, 2004 6:42 pm

I've tried to talk him into fighting me before.. I actually did spar with a friend for a while, but it was cut short because of our personal relationship deteriorating for unrelated reasons.

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Mon May 24, 2004 8:19 pm

Two mile run and some shadowboxing for a warmup/warmdown. Now I'm off to the diner to study my lines for this play I'm in, Jackman's Pier.
http://www.tinceiling.org/cal.html
Apparently I'm the lead, or something... :shock:

Return to “Survival Experiences”