Close Call in Larp Game..

Share a survival experience with us and explain what you learned from it. You might help someone.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Arch_Angel

Close Call in Larp Game..

Post by Arch_Angel » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:59 pm

Hehehe its not as badass as the real thread Close Call but it was something ill remember for a bit... So Me and a few of my buddies got to gether to do some Zombie Survival Larp, sounds kinda lame but its super fun. You get to be what ever... Swat, military, average joe.. you get the idea. So in each round one person starts out as the zombie and wears a spooky little zombie mask from halloween, keep in mind we play this at around midnight. That one starting zombies "Bites" ( Grabs, tags w/e) another then the tagged person pulls out a mask and turns into a zombie also. Now the Survivors Use Airsoft guns and whatnot. I got a nice little Rifle ^^ and you shoot the zombie Durh... Now! for the Close call... There are only two survivors left out of 23 people... Me and my buddy Derek. So i call him on my wakie takie and theres no response... A few minutes later i hear him cussing and yelling, no doubt the zombies got him.. So i ran down the stair case in the cort yard... Little did i know zombies followed and were planning to trap me.. I reached the bootom and looked back up to see them walking down and i looked to my left (Only other way out) to see more... I felt doomed... But i charged to my left and shot at their legs (Some of them were wearing shorts) And took most of them out ( about 5) and i just gave it my all and ducked and dodged through them and ran back up..the other side.. Just that feeling... was just...Do it or die ( Lol not really but yeah..) And somehow i cam out alive... So dont go all No! their coming! im going to die! boo-hoo princess, go down like a hero! Lol thats all i have to say..
Fight till theres nothing left, then keep fightin ^_^

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:17 pm

uh..... :roll:
JoergS wrote:Realistically, I think I can launch a nine pound chain saw at 50 fps from a shoulder mounted rubber powered bazooka...
squinty wrote:I reserve the right to yell "Dookyhole!" - or it's Hebrew equivalent if such a thing exists - whilst dispensing a barrage of palm strikes at my opponent.

andygates
Favorite Zombie Movies: ROTLD 2 ;)

Post by andygates » Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:41 am

"blaze of glory" is easy in LARP. There's no fear. You know you'll be having a beer later.

PMA = good. LARP as combat experience = fodder.

Post by 66606 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:00 am

Sounds like a good tale to tell around the pub after a game. But don't fall into the trap of thinking you could do the same thing in real life. In all likely hood if you did that for real them you'd end up dead and walking your self.

Don't forget shooting a zombies legs does shit all, you need to kill the brain.
I play LARP myself so I know all the death or glory stuff you can do......but no way would I attempt that stuff in real life, only thing that will happen if you had a fire fight with 20 against one is that the one would end up dead...not the lone survivor.

Arch_Angel

Post by Arch_Angel » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:57 am

Lol well duh but some of the "Zombies" didnt have masks so i wasnt about to shoot my buds in the face. :wink:
Fight till theres nothing left, then keep fightin ^_^

andygates
Favorite Zombie Movies: ROTLD 2 ;)

Post by andygates » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:22 pm

I must introduce you to LARP-safe pistol crossbows. :twisted:

Post by 66606 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:58 pm

andygates wrote:I must introduce you to LARP-safe pistol crossbows. :twisted:
Now they are great fun :twisted: have one myself.

Squirrley

Post by Squirrley » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:15 pm

What is this LARP that you speak of? sounds tasty
Gundown wrote:Then I saw the bear and thought... holy shit this rum is fucking awesome!

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:24 pm

NO!!!!!
JoergS wrote:Realistically, I think I can launch a nine pound chain saw at 50 fps from a shoulder mounted rubber powered bazooka...
squinty wrote:I reserve the right to yell "Dookyhole!" - or it's Hebrew equivalent if such a thing exists - whilst dispensing a barrage of palm strikes at my opponent.

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:25 pm

NO!!!!!

Squirrley

Post by Squirrley » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:45 am

roger dodger not tasty.
Gundown wrote:Then I saw the bear and thought... holy shit this rum is fucking awesome!

Phil Elmore

Post by Phil Elmore » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:43 am

This one time, at band camp...
- Phil Elmore is no longer participating at this forum. He can be reached through his site,
The Martialist, and through his forum, Pax Baculum.

randomusername
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by randomusername » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:55 am

Reminds me of the worst experience i ever had...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8ufaBKdY60w

/clap clap clap clap clap clap

Doryman

Post by Doryman » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:45 pm

phoenixmastm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (both versions), Land of the Dead, Undead, 28 weeks later.

Post by phoenixmastm » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:01 am

I admit I play D&D and have fun doing it. But LARPing takes D&D and buttf*cks it into something else. Its ok when you just sort of play act it out whilst at a table at a friends house/gaming store, its beyond creepy when you actually go out and dress up as your character, grab a foam weapon, meet up with other people like this, and try and do an improv game of D&D.

However, if you want to LARP, go right ahead, I reserve the right to laugh at you though.
Up onto the overturned keel
Clamber, with a heart of steel
Cold is the ocean spray
And your death is on it's way
With maidens you've had your way
EACH MUST DIE SOME DAY

- Viking battle chant

Post by 66606 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:28 am

phoenixmastm wrote:However, if you want to LARP, go right ahead, I reserve the right to laugh at you though.
Laugh away, I LaRP and enjoy it :P for some reason I don't table top though.

pyratemime

Post by pyratemime » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:46 am

Arch_Angel wrote:Lol well duh but some of the "Zombies" didnt have masks so i wasnt about to shoot my buds in the face. :wink:
I love a good, "No shit there I was.." story. OTOH you are playing with airsoft pistols and not everyone has proper face protection? Bad LARPer no +5 fried dough ring of super stamina for you.

"It wouldn't hurt you people to think like a serial killer every now and again. You know just for the sake of prevention!" - Foamy the Squirrel
DaJoker wrote:In regards to us "normal" humans... well that's why its best to follow pyratemime's advice.

theclockwork

Post by theclockwork » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:52 pm

Doryman, I will never get those images out of my head....shutter..... furry larpers.... You will suffer for this.

Just as soon as I get this wire brush to fit in to my ear.
Zoë: Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?
Book: Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.

Benjamin Franklin "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

Doryman

Post by Doryman » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:03 pm

When you look at those pics, you know somewhere a harried looking middle aged man is looking across at a middle aged woman and saying.. "I told you we should have put him in sports... I told you..."

I am truly sorry clockwork. Send me the therapy bills.

theclockwork

Post by theclockwork » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:13 am

And it's in europe so they have the kettle between them.
Zoë: Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?
Book: Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.

Benjamin Franklin "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

jakemuay

Post by jakemuay » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:00 am

Ghost of Walzey?
Rooster wrote:Have a plan that dosen't involve 20+ people in a stolen deuce-and-a-half full of olives and Rice Crispies.

huatrooper

Post by huatrooper » Fri May 04, 2007 6:28 pm

LARPing is as undignified as it is fun. But only if you have a ring of +10 bitchslapping.

Beowolf1911

Post by Beowolf1911 » Thu May 17, 2007 7:46 pm

Never got into LARP the weapons don't hav ethe right weight by a brother in law and I go out and beat each other with the real thing (not sharp though) and fight for an opening iow when you get in close enough to strike you stop the weapon it is fun but rules are rules and you hav eto wear your kilt.
When a man says never or always he is usually wrong

Jeriah
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Original Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead 04, and 28 Days Later are my top three, in that order.

Post by Jeriah » Thu May 17, 2007 9:56 pm

I like the guy in the raccoon suit.

Return to “Survival Experiences”