What Did You Do Today To Prepare?

Share a personal survival experience with us and explain what you learned from it. You might help someone.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

NamelessStain

Re: What Did You Do Today To Prepare?

Post by NamelessStain » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:13 am

I've steadily been losing weight since mine, about 10# per year. I still enjoy most foods but my key was cutting down portion size. Your stomach will get used to it.
jnathan wrote:Since we lost some posts due to some database work I'll just put this here for posterity.
Q wrote:Buckle up

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:01 am

91Eunozs wrote:Just wrapping up three days of prepping for the rest of my life... About to be discharged, but came into The hospital ER early Wednesday morning with what I thought was really (really) bad heartburn that had been bothering me all day Tuesday at work. My wife tried me to go in, but like a stubborn jackass, I thought it’d get better. After a restless night of increasing pain, finally came in...convinced it would be a gall bladder issue at the worst.

Well, turns out I had a heart attack.

So two stints in my left artery (100% blocked) on Tuesday, then another two in the right side (95% blocked) yesterday. Luckily the hospital has a great cardiac catheter lab and I was even conscious for a lot of both procedures.

I feel 100% better...but this was a huge wakeup call for me.

So, lots of life changes...mostly more exercise and a better diet. Kind of like I used to do... more to follow.
Holy shit man..... Well I'm glad you went in and got it figured out. I suppose listening to your wife may not be a bad idea (jots that down). Glad you're on the road to recovery, hope all stays well and you get on the mend asap!
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:36 am

91Eunozs wrote:Just wrapping up three days of prepping for the rest of my life... About to be discharged, but came into The hospital ER early Wednesday morning with what I thought was really (really) bad heartburn that had been bothering me all day Tuesday at work. My wife tried me to go in, but like a stubborn jackass, I thought it’d get better. After a restless night of increasing pain, finally came in...convinced it would be a gall bladder issue at the worst.

Well, turns out I had a heart attack.

So two stints in my left artery (100% blocked) on Tuesday, then another two in the right side (95% blocked) yesterday. Luckily the hospital has a great cardiac catheter lab and I was even conscious for a lot of both procedures.

I feel 100% better...but this was a huge wakeup call for me.

So, lots of life changes...mostly more exercise and a better diet. Kind of like I used to do... more to follow.
I knew it.. It really is bad for your health if the board goes down
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

Laager

Post by Laager » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:09 am

I took one of the Granddaughters (she's 9 years old) to the range with her AR15 for a day at the range. Afterwards I had her break down, clean, oil and reassemble her AR and put it back in the vault.

Since she was with me it was all bench shooting, her Rock River is a bit heavy for her but for some reason she likes the heavy foregrip it has on it. Probably because I carry it to the bench. Then again I don't really care since I got a twofer today. Range time with one of my favorite Granddaughters. Hard to beat that.

Then I sat on my old rear end of a while enjoying the cool Aircon and then went to the reloading bench and reloading 1000 rounds of 5.56mm.

Other than that I did not do a whole heck of a lot today.
“Complacency kills. Paranoia is the reason I’m still alive.” If we do happen to make contact, I expect nothing less than gratuitous violence from the lot of ya.

Brekar
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead - Night/Dawn/Day of the Dead - Zombieland - Dead Snow - etc...

Post by Brekar » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:50 pm

My father and myself got this heavy bastard off the trailer and running. Wheels are powder coated. Working on new fuel tank, etc. But it moves, stops, etc under its own power now...

This heavy bastard is EMP proof, but very under powered. The engine in it is bulletproof though. trying to decide if we want to keep it old school or do a frame over 4x4 swap.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: I cannot watch zombie flicks anymore. The violence & gore disturbs me.

Post by MPMalloy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:19 pm

Brekar wrote:Image

My father and myself got this heavy bastard off the trailer and running. Wheels are powder coated. Working on new fuel tank, etc. But it moves, stops, etc under its own power now...

This heavy bastard is EMP proof, but very under powered. The engine in it is bulletproof though. trying to decide if we want to keep it old school or do a frame over 4x4 swap.
What is a
frame over 4x4 swap? What all is involved?
Matthew Paul Malloy
Veteran: USAR, USA, IAANG.

Dragon Savers!
Golden Dragons!
Tropic Lightning!
Duty! Honor! Country!

"When society is experiencing severe disruptions, or is being completely interrupted, people have the responsibility to handle their own and their nearest relatives' fundamental needs for a while."

Brekar
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead - Night/Dawn/Day of the Dead - Zombieland - Dead Snow - etc...

Post by Brekar » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:43 pm

By frame over 4x4 swap I mean essentially taking the body off and setting it over on a different frame, like a 4x4 Suburban frame or a 1 ton pickup frame of some sort, and going from there.

The hardest part is finding something that is very close in the same size as the original frame without doing a lot of fabrication, i.e. possibly extending or shortening the frame, making new mounts for the cab/bed, possible axle relocation, wiring up all needed parts, etc...

If it doesn't stay original then when done it'll look something like this...

or a bit more extreme version

We've even thought about repainting it all original, which would look very similar to the red/white above (no idea actual original color), which had a logo painted on it with my grandfather's business on the doors. It used to say Chester's Auto Repair on the doors...

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: I cannot watch zombie flicks anymore. The violence & gore disturbs me.

Post by MPMalloy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:49 pm

Brekar wrote:By frame over 4x4 swap I mean essentially taking the body off and setting it over on a different frame, like a 4x4 Suburban frame or a 1 ton pickup frame of some sort, and going from there.

The hardest part is finding something that is very close in the same size as the original frame without doing a lot of fabrication, i.e. possibly extending or shortening the frame, making new mounts for the cab/bed, possible axle relocation, wiring up all needed parts, etc...

If it doesn't stay original then when done it'll look something like this...

or a bit more extreme version

We've even thought about repainting it all original, which would look very similar to the red/white above (no idea actual original color), which had a logo painted on it with my grandfather's business on the doors. It used to say Chester's Auto Repair on the doors...
8-) ! :D
Matthew Paul Malloy
Veteran: USAR, USA, IAANG.

Dragon Savers!
Golden Dragons!
Tropic Lightning!
Duty! Honor! Country!

"When society is experiencing severe disruptions, or is being completely interrupted, people have the responsibility to handle their own and their nearest relatives' fundamental needs for a while."

Brekar

Post by Brekar » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:21 am

It'll be fun to drive when it's done. It'll probably be at least a year before we're done with it since we've got 2 other car projects currently. A 1970 Mercury Cyclone GT AND A 1979 Pontiac Grand Prix. But who knows, my dad is a madman when it comes to working on automobiles...

Return to “Personal Experiences”