Coyote ~vs~ Wienerdawg

Share a survival experience with us and explain what you learned from it. You might help someone.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

gatorglockman
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil Trilogy (true zombie flicks), The Walking Dead, The Crazies

Re: Coyote ~vs~ Wienerdawg

Post by gatorglockman » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:10 pm

I have hunted/killed coyotes....

1. DO NOT do the trap thing unless you are willing to suffer the consequences of what happens if a cat or something else gets caught. You could get in trouble.
2. You're an archer? Def go that route if you can get a lethal shot...just know...the yote could run several yards after you tap it and lay down and die in someones backyard/front yard with your arrow in it. So plan accordingly :)
3. Gamo air rifle on it? A good headshot to the brain could do the trick...other than that...doubt it and also say bad sportsmanship in fairness to the animal. It did your dog harm but it was doing what predators do man. Clean kills is a clean kill...all animals deserve that if being harvested.

Good luck with your deal. A predator call and catfish bait both work like a charm and are fun. Just know when to stop calling once you have the animal drawn in within reasonable distance.
Glock, accept no subsitutes!

Turtlewolf
Favorite Zombie Movies: Almost all of them........some suck balls though.

Post by Turtlewolf » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:16 pm

I grew up on a farm and I have many farmer friends, although I have softened much with age coyote and gophers are vermin and should be exterminated by any and all means.
Fair chase only counts for game animals.
------------------------------------------------------
Save a life, delete a Face Book account today.
You can drop your knife, loose your rifle but keep an eye on your axe.
Humanity does not survive alone.

gatorglockman
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil Trilogy (true zombie flicks), The Walking Dead, The Crazies

Post by gatorglockman » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:34 am

Turtlewolf wrote:I grew up on a farm and I have many farmer friends, although I have softened much with age coyote and gophers are vermin and should be exterminated by any and all means.
Fair chase only counts for game animals.

I agree but...he is in a neighborhood. Non hunters, liberals, etc may not take kindly to the OP wounding an animal vs killing, etc. Diverse opinion on animal life out there.

Plus, regardless to me, life is life. If you are gonna take it, it should be done quickly. Suffering is that....but that is my opinion.
Glock, accept no subsitutes!

Turtlewolf
Favorite Zombie Movies: Almost all of them........some suck balls though.

Post by Turtlewolf » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:18 am

Oh, I wasn't clear enough-sorry!
I don't condone animals suffering, kill them cleanly and I know that he lives in an area that may not be 100% friendly to his issues with the coyote.
Thankfully in my imediate area I have permission from my nieghbors if there is a creature issue.
------------------------------------------------------
Save a life, delete a Face Book account today.
You can drop your knife, loose your rifle but keep an eye on your axe.
Humanity does not survive alone.

Mrbeefy
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of 'em :-)

Post by Mrbeefy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:56 pm

I, being a concerned invalid of unsound mind nor body do hereby demand pictures of said Coyote sweater. A fashionable coyote hat will also suffice. That is all.
Regards,
Mrbeefy
Wolfhvnter wrote: RAZORD SHARP SNAKE MEAT LASER!!?!?!?!!

Dawgboy
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the dead, Fido

Post by Dawgboy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:10 pm

Well sadly, I have seen neither hide, nor hair of the offending coyote since I setup some solar powered motion lights along the fence where I think it entered my yard.

Weenie is doing fine though.
shrapnel wrote:Dawgboy, please refrain from stirring shit for the sole purpose of stirring shit.
[ZS/]# .40/Pie/CERT/Wireless...
My homebrew stove kit
IMPROVED Solar Redneck Hot tub
Dawgvan
Chupa Chihuahua
GHB

slannesh

Post by slannesh » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:24 pm

Dawgboy wrote:Well sadly, I have seen neither hide, nor hair of the offending coyote since I setup some solar powered motion lights along the fence where I think it entered my yard.

Weenie is doing fine though.
Good for the neighborhood pets, bad in that you can't get your .223 meet coyote on.

Very glad to hear Weenie is doing well. Hopefully he gave better than he got and fucked up that 'yote good.
I'm not afraid of the dark, I'm afraid of what's *IN* the dark
~Anonymous

EmbraceTheHate
Why We Can't Have Nice Things
Why We Can't Have Nice Things
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland

Post by EmbraceTheHate » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:50 pm

My roommate's pit bulls drug a coyote in the yard the other night by its head. I dont think the coyotes friends will be over any time soon lol.

sent from my galaxy tab 2

Return to “Survival Experiences”